I will be renting a car for driving in Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia. I have a valid US driver's licence and an International Driving Permit. I read that one needs to have a vignette sticker to drive on toll roads in Slovenia. Where can I buy this sticker, and do I need one in Croatia and Bosnia?
Also, do I need the International Green Card? THe Slovenia tourism Web site (http://www.slovenia.info/?by_car=0) says the following:
International Green Card
International automobile insurance is mandatory for all foreign vehicles, except for vehicles from countries with which Slovenia has concluded special agreements (members of the European Union and some other countries). The Green Card can be purchased at all international border crossings.
Anything else that I should be aware of?
Vignette and International Green Card for Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 3 London - Site List Triage -
- 4 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 5 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 6 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 7 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 8 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 9 London and Where Else in late December?
- 10 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 11 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 12 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 13 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 14 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 15 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 16 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 17 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 18 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 19 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 23 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 24 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 25 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo