I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 2 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 3 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 4 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 5 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 6 Highclare Castle
- 7 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 8 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 9 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 10 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 11 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 12 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 13 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 14 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 15 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 16 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 17 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 18 Salzburg itinerary review
- 19 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 20 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 21 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 22 Globus Iberian Tour
- 23 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 24 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium