I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 2 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 3 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 4 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 5 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 6 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 7 2 Months in Sicily
- 8 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 9 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 10 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 11 What tips can you give about packing?
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 14 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 15 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 16 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 17 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 18 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 19 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 20 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 21 Short Trip in July
- 22 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 25 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August