I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid city centre?
- 2 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 3 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 4 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 5 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 8 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 9 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 10 Stonehenge and Bath
- 11 My First Trip to Europe...
- 12 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 13 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 14 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 15 France to stop making foie grois
- 16 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 17 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 18 Rome train to Positano
- 19 Itinerary Help!
- 20 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 21 Greece itinerary ideas
- 22 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 23 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 24 Greece Experts
- 25 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...