I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 2 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 3 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 4 Where to stay in Paris for our 1st time there?
- 5 PLITVICE LAKES
- 6 Berlin to Barcelona
- 7 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 8 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 9 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 10 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 11 Montpellier to Arles
- 12 Piazza Navona
- 13 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 14 Venice at Christmas
- 15 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 16 Seville bus information
- 17 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 18 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 19 Europe Itinerary
- 20 The highlands
- 21 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 22 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 23 Alhambra discount tickets
- 24 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 25 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?