I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague old town
- 2 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 3 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 4 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 5 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 6 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 7 Ordering in a Deli
- 8 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 9 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 10 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 11 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 12 20 free days of Europe
- 13 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 14 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 15 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 16 International Friends Tour
- 17 Naples or Genoa
- 18 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 19 Walking Scotland
- 20 Help with itinerary
- 21 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 22 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 23 I forgot my international driver permit
- 24 Daytime or Sunset Cruise in Santorini
- 25 Bordeaux TRIP