I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Vienna/Budapest/Krakow in Sept - Where to sleep?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We Need a Pact
- 2 London neighborhood suggestions
- 3 What to wear
- 4 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 5 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 6 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 7 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 8 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 9 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 10 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 11 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 12 All you need in croatia
- 13 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 14 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 15 Tipping in Greece
- 16 Bayern seasonal pass
- 17 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 20 Italy vacation rental help
- 21 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 22 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 23 Monet in Normandy
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help