I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Vienna/Budapest/Krakow in Sept - Where to sleep?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England in 7 days
- 2 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 3 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 4 A guide to Copenhagen.
- 5 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 6 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 9 Potential trip - Balkans
- 10 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 11 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 12 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 13 Back to Provence in 2015
- 14 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 15 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 16 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 17 Dordogne lodging
- 18 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 19 Rocamaxour
- 20 Dordogne markets
- 21 Hotels and public transport re: Cheltenham Spa
- 22 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 23 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 24 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 25 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper