I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Zurich to Milan trip
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 14 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 San Sebastián
- 18 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 21 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 24 Planning A trip
- 25 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue