I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 London theatre recommendations
- 2 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 3 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 4 GPS vs Google Maps
- 5 Itinerary advice for 9 days in London for female solo traveller
- 6 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 7 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 8 Halal butchery in Puerto de La Cruz ?
- 9 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 10 Thiva?
- 11 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 12 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 13 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 14 Rome, Florence, Venice, How many nights in each city?
- 15 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 16 Brussels Airport
- 17 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 18 planning confusion
- 19 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 20 What clothes?
- 21 Classical Performance St Petersburg and Moscow in August
- 22 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 23 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 24 Train Question
- 25 It claims to be prepared to be prepared