I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Vienna/Budapest/Krakow in Sept - Where to sleep?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 2 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 3 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 4 Good times in Munich, the city
- 5 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 6 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 9 Lake Como transportation questions
- 10 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 11 history museums or locations
- 12 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 13 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 14 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 By train to and out of Prague
- 17 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 18 Cylades Island Hopping
- 19 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 20 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 21 Italy dolomites
- 22 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 23 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 24 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 25 Airport ATMs