I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Vienna/Budapest/Krakow in Sept - Where to sleep?
- 1 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 2 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 3 BULGARIA/GOLDEN SANDS/BALKAN HOLIDAYS
- 4 Golden Sands Bulgaria online guide
- 5 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 6 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 7 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 8 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 9 Rome's night of the museums 18 May 2013
- 10 Travel in Spain
- 11 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 12 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 13 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 14 Gothenburg or Aarhus?
- 15 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 16 Lucerne where to stay
- 17 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 18 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 19 I Need To Vent!
- 20 France: CDG to Beaune
- 21 Athens licensed tour guide
- 22 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 23 Transportation from Landshut to Munich Airport?
- 24 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 25 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy