I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Vienna/Budapest/Krakow in Sept - Where to sleep?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 5 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 6 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 7 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 8 Paris in April?
- 9 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 10 Prague - Tram #22
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 car rental companies Italy
- 15 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 16 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 17 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 21 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 22 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions