I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Vienna/Budapest/Krakow in Sept - Where to sleep?
- 1 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 2 Spain with kids
- 3 Paris Ticket t+
- 4 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 5 Places to visit from London
- 6 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 7 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 8 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 9 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 10 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 11 Getting the best our of Europe
- 12 best clubs in barcelona
- 13 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 14 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 15 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 16 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 17 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 18 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 19 Last minute lake change....
- 20 getting out of rome airport to hotel?
- 21 Affordable London Hotel
- 22 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 23 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 24 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 25 Italian train question