I'd like to take the overnight train between Vienna and Venice (though I'll board the train in Salzburg) at the end of the year (low season). There was a thread on a similar topic which I've had a look at, but I was wondering if anyone's been on this train at around the same time of the year? I'm trying to decide between a couchette (and if so a 6-seater or a 4-seater) and a sleeper... I'm leaning towards the 6-seater, which I imagine will be cramped, but if not many people travel that way in winter, then it won't be so much of a problem!
Thanks in advance!
Vienna to Venice overnight train in winter
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 2 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 3 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 4 London hotel tax is 20%
- 5 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 6 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 7 Aaah...Umbria!
- 8 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 9 Cheap way to go from milan to munich, Salzburg, Berlin then back to milan
- 10 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 11 Ghent or Paris?
- 12 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 13 Weather in the dolomites
- 14 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 15 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 16 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 17 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 18 Help for San Sebastian
- 19 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 20 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 21 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 22 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 23 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 24 Portugal - Coastal Guidance
- 25 German Rail Pass Questions