I'd like to take the overnight train between Vienna and Venice (though I'll board the train in Salzburg) at the end of the year (low season). There was a thread on a similar topic which I've had a look at, but I was wondering if anyone's been on this train at around the same time of the year? I'm trying to decide between a couchette (and if so a 6-seater or a 4-seater) and a sleeper... I'm leaning towards the 6-seater, which I imagine will be cramped, but if not many people travel that way in winter, then it won't be so much of a problem!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 5 Paris to Italy
- 6 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 9 Days in Spain
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Frankfurt to UK
- 12 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 13 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 16 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 17 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 18 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 19 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 20 Electrical Power Conversion
- 21 Douro Valley in January?
- 22 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 23 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 24 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna