We will be staying 3 or 4 days in Prague and then taking train to Vienna. From Vienna, we were wanting to take a day trip to Salzburg or 2 days/1 night. Since we will be taking a train, I have some logistic questions. First, can you recommend a good hotel to stay at. I would love to stay at the Schloss Fuschl, as the grounds seem to be amazing, but it seems a bit off the beaten path having no car.
Can anyone please give me some guidelines. My daughter really wants to see the Sound of Music tour as she is a music and theatre gal. I really want to see Old Town and maybe a salt or ice cave or whatever we can see in the short time we are there.
Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland travel passport question
- 2 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 5 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Italy
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Juangfrau / mt
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights