I am looking forward to visiting Vienna on May 6-10. My third trip. From what I can tell surfing the web, not much in the main music venues are available. Most appear to be sold out or limited tickets. Most of the venues seem to be the more tourist oriented music (OK - I am a tourist, but I'm interested in more serious music). Do you have to order through local ticket agents when you get there? I did see the Sound of Music at the Volksopera. Any views on the venue or program? I could not find any ballet, I assume it must be off-season? The philharmonic seemed to only have handicapped seating left. I also saw some some former postings regarding cathedral/church concerts. The links to their websites had no calendars. Can you get tickets/seats once you get there?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 6 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 9 Moving to Italy
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 15 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 16 Swiss Travel Pass
- 17 BritRail pass - 1st or 2nd class?
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 20 Athens
- 21 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 22 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Where to enjoy Paris
- 25 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?