I am looking forward to visiting Vienna on May 6-10. My third trip. From what I can tell surfing the web, not much in the main music venues are available. Most appear to be sold out or limited tickets. Most of the venues seem to be the more tourist oriented music (OK - I am a tourist, but I'm interested in more serious music). Do you have to order through local ticket agents when you get there? I did see the Sound of Music at the Volksopera. Any views on the venue or program? I could not find any ballet, I assume it must be off-season? The philharmonic seemed to only have handicapped seating left. I also saw some some former postings regarding cathedral/church concerts. The links to their websites had no calendars. Can you get tickets/seats once you get there?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 advice on getting from Cardiff to Germany
- 2 New Data Suggests the Best Time to Book Your Flight is 54 Days in Advance
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 Revised itinerary for italy
- 5 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 6 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 7 Biarritz family holiday
- 8 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 9 Lisbon hotel
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Italy
- 18 4 Days in Tuscany
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 24 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 25 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice