I am looking forward to visiting Vienna on May 6-10. My third trip. From what I can tell surfing the web, not much in the main music venues are available. Most appear to be sold out or limited tickets. Most of the venues seem to be the more tourist oriented music (OK - I am a tourist, but I'm interested in more serious music). Do you have to order through local ticket agents when you get there? I did see the Sound of Music at the Volksopera. Any views on the venue or program? I could not find any ballet, I assume it must be off-season? The philharmonic seemed to only have handicapped seating left. I also saw some some former postings regarding cathedral/church concerts. The links to their websites had no calendars. Can you get tickets/seats once you get there?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 2 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 3 Andalucia Spain
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Language to use in Belgium
- 6 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 7 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 8 Getting around London
- 9 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 10 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 11 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 12 Train travel to and from Paris
- 13 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 14 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 15 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 Traveling in Belgium
- 18 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 19 Whistle stop family road trip
- 20 Ischia-Thermal Pools
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 23 Cascais Day Trip - Sunday or Monday?
- 24 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 25 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?