I am looking forward to visiting Vienna on May 6-10. My third trip. From what I can tell surfing the web, not much in the main music venues are available. Most appear to be sold out or limited tickets. Most of the venues seem to be the more tourist oriented music (OK - I am a tourist, but I'm interested in more serious music). Do you have to order through local ticket agents when you get there? I did see the Sound of Music at the Volksopera. Any views on the venue or program? I could not find any ballet, I assume it must be off-season? The philharmonic seemed to only have handicapped seating left. I also saw some some former postings regarding cathedral/church concerts. The links to their websites had no calendars. Can you get tickets/seats once you get there?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 2 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 3 One July night in Verona - help!
- 4 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 5 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 6 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 7 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 8 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 9 Guided Vatican Tours
- 10 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 11 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 12 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 13 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 14 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Cappadocia in June
- 17 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 18 Lisbon
- 19 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway
- 20 Car insurance in Iceland
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 23 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 24 Scotland - We're Here!
- 25 Italy with my Teen daughters