My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does this sound feasible?
- 2 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 3 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 4 Stay away from EF Tours
- 5 Madrid and London
- 6 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 7 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 8 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 9 Trip report Lofoten in Norway
- 10 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 11 Ireland driving vacation
- 12 I went to Paris in June
- 13 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 14 Norway -- Nutshell tour and Stavanger
- 15 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 16 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 17 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 18 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 19 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 20 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 21 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 22 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 23 I'm in a funk
- 24 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 25 Bike touring in France