My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 2 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Help With Vienna
- 5 Nice or Marseille??
- 6 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 7 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 8 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 9 Air pollution in Paris
- 10 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 11 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 12 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 13 France, Italy and Greec
- 14 gites de france or agritourism
- 15 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 18 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 21 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 22 Dresden or Leipzig
- 23 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 24 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 25 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?