My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
- 1 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 2 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 A full week in The Netherlands
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 9 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 10 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 11 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 12 Train travel in Europe
- 13 Prague Main Train Station
- 14 Itinerary Questions
- 15 Place to propose
- 16 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 17 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 18 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 19 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Lake como
- 22 Christmas in Paris was fantastic!
- 23 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 24 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 25 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1