My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 visa expired
- 2 Phone cards
- 3 Family trip to Spain: Barcelona, Seville and San Sebastian
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 6 written guide for Olympia
- 7 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 8 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 9 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 10 Naxos hotel question
- 11 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 12 England and Wales by public transport
- 13 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 16 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 17 Europe Itinerary
- 18 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 19 Loire Valley itinerary
- 20 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 21 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 22 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 23 Oktoberfest 2016 What to expect
- 24 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 25 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?