My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 2 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 3 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 4 Scotland and London 21 days
- 5 Venice
- 6 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 8 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 9 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 10 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 11 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 12 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 15 Capri in July
- 16 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 17 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 18 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 19 help with Italy itinerary
- 20 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 21 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain
- 24 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 25 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go