My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 2 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 3 Italy and Croatia
- 4 Best beach town in Italy?
- 5 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 6 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 7 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 8 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 9 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 10 A Greek sojourn
- 11 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 12 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 13 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 14 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 15 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Is Venice really dirty?
- 18 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 19 Weekend in Norfolk
- 20 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 21 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 22 Autumn in Paris
- 23 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 24 Burgundy in May
- 25 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!