My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 2 Safety concerns?
- 3 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 4 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 5 Private transportation
- 6 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 7 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 8 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 9 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 10 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 11 Global Travel Warning...
- 12 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 14 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 15 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 16 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 17 Morning in paris
- 18 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 19 Advices about our itiniary
- 20 Balkans Itinerary
- 21 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 22 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 23 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 24 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 25 Why Not Helsinki?