My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 2 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 3 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 4 Advice on long week trip to Germany
- 5 Bucket list trip to Ireland - need so much help!
- 6 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 7 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 8 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 9 Is there any dog-sledding in the Bernese Oberland?
- 10 Travel Plan during Christmas in Italy
- 11 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 12 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 13 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 14 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 15 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 16 Italo Trains - good news
- 17 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 18 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 19 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 20 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
- 21 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 22 ICELAND DAY 1
- 23 Rome
- 24 Holding bags in Paris
- 25 Your favorite Paris shopping street.