My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 3 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 4 rent car / Munich
- 5 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 Italian Lakes gardens
- 8 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 9 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 10 Greek islands from Turkey
- 11 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 12 Chambermaid tipping
- 13 TGV and Provence questions
- 14 Novels set in Greece
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 To Paris and Provence in June
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 19 More help with housing in Puglia
- 20 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Rome Accommodation
- 25 Weekend in Lake Bled?