My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day travel itinerary to Italy... help!
- 2 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 3 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 4 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 5 Gay and St.Petersburg
- 6 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 7 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 8 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 9 Southwestern England
- 10 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 11 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 12 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 13 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 14 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 15 Edinburgh accommodation location help me choose
- 16 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 17 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 18 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 19 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 20 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 21 Mont St. Michele?
- 22 Critique my Paris Itinerary
- 23 Friends of Uffizi recent experience
- 24 Stay in Venice
- 25 Car travel from Munich-Fussen-Bad Ragaz-Interlaken: Roads?