My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 2 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 3 Lakes District UK
- 4 Rome Areas to stay
- 5 Transport in Venice
- 6 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 7 Prebook B&Bs
- 8 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 9 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 10 Wengen to Torino?
- 11 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 12 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 13 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 14 Italy - Month of July
- 15 England & Scotland in April
- 16 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 17 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 18 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 19 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 20 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 21 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 22 In France, French Summer Camps For Kids
- 23 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 24 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 25 Kimhe--flamenco