My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 2 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 3 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 4 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 5 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 6 Vet my itinerary
- 7 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 8 Amsterdam hotels
- 9 Italy - best two central locations
- 10 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 11 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 12 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 13 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 14 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 15 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 16 Overnight Train Questions
- 17 Istanbul tour guides?
- 18 Flamenco Shows
- 19 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 20 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 21 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 22 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 23 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 24 Tour or independent
- 25 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!