My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 2 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 3 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 4 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 5 3 nights in Paris
- 6 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 7 Planning Advice!
- 8 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 9 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 10 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 11 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 12 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 13 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 14 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 15 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 16 England and Wales by public transport
- 17 Our European adventures
- 18 Walking Scotland
- 19 Naples or Genoa
- 20 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 21 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 22 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 23 Travel WiFi - France
- 24 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 25 Just booked Athens & Santorini