My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 2 Amsterdam Hotel
- 3 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 4 FCO connection time
- 5 Dolomites October 14-18
- 6 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 7 Switzerland itinerary help
- 8 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 9 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 10 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 11 Norway Itinerary
- 12 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 13 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 14 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 15 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 16 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 17 Charles Degaulle question
- 18 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 19 Pompeii luggage storage
- 20 Departure Tax in UK
- 21 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 22 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 23 Train Help
- 24 First time in Italy
- 25 Train rides