My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 2 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 3 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 6 Is this realistic... advice?
- 7 Satnav maps update
- 8 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 9 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 10 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 11 Great restaurants in Italy
- 12 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 13 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 14 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 15 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 16 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 17 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 18 Best place to base for Yorkshire Dales, York and area
- 19 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 20 mallorca
- 21 Spanish Music
- 22 Paris winter sales
- 23 Germany for 3 weeks
- 24 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 25 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights