My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moldova and Transnistria
- 2 Getting around London
- 3 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 4 Valencia Spain
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 7 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 8 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 9 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 10 The DCC scam is spreading
- 11 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 12 Iceland in January/February
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 Driving in Italy
- 15 Paris in August
- 16 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 17 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 18 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 19 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 20 Rome Water Shortage
- 21 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 22 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 23 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 24 Train travel to and from Paris
- 25 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground