My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 2 DVD players in France
- 3 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 4 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 5 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 6 italy for - 2 weeks for a young couple
- 7 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 8 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 9 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 10 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 11 Marseille four day for my son the Navy Sailor
- 12 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 13 Trains
- 14 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 15 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 16 Florence/Venice/Tuscany driving vacation
- 17 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 18 Travel by train in Poland?
- 19 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 20 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 21 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 22 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 23 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 24 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 25 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria