My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 2 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 3 CDG questions
- 4 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 5 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 6 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 7 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 8 France to Italy advice needed please
- 9 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?
- 10 A Week in Spain
- 11 When to buy companion ticket?
- 12 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 13 South of Switzerland
- 14 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 15 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 16 Home Base in Belgium
- 17 Things to do in/around Milan
- 18 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 19 Itinerary advice: Bergen, Hardangerfjord, and Sognefjord?
- 20 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 21 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 22 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 23 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain