My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 2 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 3 Trip report European honeymoon
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 5 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 6 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 7 London restaurant suggestions
- 8 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/sevan-skin-serum/
- 9 Soccer Game in Portugal?
- 10 http://www.supplementadvise.com/flex-belt/
- 11 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 12 Sentimental Journey
- 13 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 14 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 15 Trip to Italy: Venice, Tuscany, Rome, Positano
- 16 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 17 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 18 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 19 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 20 Need help getting from Paris to St Jean Pied de port
- 21 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 22 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 23 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 24 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
- 25 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship