My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental in Santorini port
- 2 Milan/Lake Como questions
- 3 Want to visit Ville Ephrussi
- 4 Tuscany - Chianti / Val d'Orcia
- 5 What's an IDTGV Train?
- 6 Iceland Stopover Late September
- 7 EasyBus from CDG - reliable?
- 8 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 9 4 days in Scotland
- 10 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 11 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 12 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 13 Switzerland 5 days
- 14 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 15 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 16 Iceland/July/2014
- 17 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 18 Rain boots for Baltic cruise?
- 19 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 20 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 21 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 22 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 23 Road trip from St Remy to Nice
- 24 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 25 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids