My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Split to Hvar
- 2 Paris for children
- 3 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 4 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 5 Madrid food advice needed
- 6 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 7 Which area to stay in London
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 10 Algarve - is it for me?
- 11 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 12 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 13 Itinery help Crete
- 14 Naples + Walking Tour
- 15 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 16 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 17 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 18 TIM in FCO - update
- 19 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 20 16 days in France and Italy
- 21 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 22 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 24 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 25 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria