My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Trekking/Hiking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brugge photo on Bing
- 2 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 3 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 4 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 5 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 6 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 7 I went to Paris in June
- 8 Help with a small island in Greece
- 9 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 10 Cotswolds village base
- 11 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 12 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 13 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 14 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 15 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 18 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 19 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 20 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 21 How long in Venice?
- 22 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 23 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 24 Getting cash in Spain
- 25 First Time Going to Europe