My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We would like to do some trekking/hiking around Vienna to get a sense of the scenery and the country. Nothing too difficult, but we're young and in shape, so we don't need really soft trails.
We would like something that's not hard to get to from the city using public transportation.
If there is even such a think as a trail that gets us out of the city and to some kind of lodge along the way where we could stay the night, that would be pretty awesome too... but I don't know if such a thing exists. If it doesn't, that's fine.
A good day or half-day trek would be great.
Thanks for any advice! Links would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 2 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 3 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 4 Advice about Naples?
- 5 What clothes?
- 6 tipping
- 7 First Time Visit to UK - 3 Weeks Itinerary Help
- 8 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 9 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 10 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 11 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 12 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 13 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 14 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 15 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 16 Oslo airport to hotel
- 17 Paris and Lyon
- 18 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 19 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 20 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 21 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 22 Lavender Conditions in Provence
- 23 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 24 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 25 Hiking in Luberon