My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We're looking for some good classical music (sorry to use a blanket term) to see. I was a bit suspicious of the Mozart Orchestra, and reading on another thread here I see that they are not that well regarded in terms of quality.
We're willing to dress up for the occasion and make a night of it, but don't want the price to be astronomical. Around 50 Euros per person should be fine.
I've been looking at www.viennaconcerts.com and getting a handle on my options.
I'd like to defer to your wisdom. If there is a concert or two you could recommend of the ones happening on any of these days I would love to know so I can buy the tickets as soon as possible.
Vienna: July 7,8,9,10 Concert Reccomendations
- 1 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 2 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 3 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 4 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 5 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 6 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 7 Family European winter holiday
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 2 Week European Itinerary
- 10 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 11 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 12 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 13 Rome Accommodation
- 14 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 15 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 16 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 17 Italian Lakes gardens
- 18 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 19 Dresden Train Station
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Amsterdam: Alcoholics Cleaning Streets to Get Free Booze!
- 24 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 25 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"