My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We're looking for some good classical music (sorry to use a blanket term) to see. I was a bit suspicious of the Mozart Orchestra, and reading on another thread here I see that they are not that well regarded in terms of quality.
We're willing to dress up for the occasion and make a night of it, but don't want the price to be astronomical. Around 50 Euros per person should be fine.
I've been looking at www.viennaconcerts.com and getting a handle on my options.
I'd like to defer to your wisdom. If there is a concert or two you could recommend of the ones happening on any of these days I would love to know so I can buy the tickets as soon as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 2 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 3 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 4 How big backpack do I need?
- 5 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 6 Munich Under Attack...
- 7 From Genoa to Rome...
- 8 Dentix in Spain
- 9 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 10 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 11 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 12 First trip - destination advice!
- 13 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 14 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 15 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 16 Spain in November
- 17 Stonehenge and Bath
- 18 Path of the Gods Question
- 19 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 20 Should I speculate?
- 21 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Prague on a budget...
- 24 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 25 Le Marche Sept./Oct.