My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We're looking for some good classical music (sorry to use a blanket term) to see. I was a bit suspicious of the Mozart Orchestra, and reading on another thread here I see that they are not that well regarded in terms of quality.
We're willing to dress up for the occasion and make a night of it, but don't want the price to be astronomical. Around 50 Euros per person should be fine.
I've been looking at www.viennaconcerts.com and getting a handle on my options.
I'd like to defer to your wisdom. If there is a concert or two you could recommend of the ones happening on any of these days I would love to know so I can buy the tickets as soon as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 2 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 3 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 4 best clothing for european winter?
- 5 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 6 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 8 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 9 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 10 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 11 Holiday in Austria
- 12 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 13 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 14 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 15 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 16 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 17 Paris Under Seige...
- 18 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 19 Retiring to Southern France
- 20 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 21 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 22 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 23 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 24 Brief trip report Naples
- 25 Advices about our itiniary