My girlfriend and I will be in Vienna for all day this coming July 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. We're looking for some good classical music (sorry to use a blanket term) to see. I was a bit suspicious of the Mozart Orchestra, and reading on another thread here I see that they are not that well regarded in terms of quality.
We're willing to dress up for the occasion and make a night of it, but don't want the price to be astronomical. Around 50 Euros per person should be fine.
I've been looking at www.viennaconcerts.com and getting a handle on my options.
I'd like to defer to your wisdom. If there is a concert or two you could recommend of the ones happening on any of these days I would love to know so I can buy the tickets as soon as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Apartment Montreux area
- 3 Rome or Venice first
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Europe First Timers
- 6 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 7 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 8 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 9 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 12 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 13 Safety in Rome
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 An evening in London
- 16 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 17 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 20 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 21 Chur or St Moritz?
- 22 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 24 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 25 Athens Help