We will be in Vienna in the second week of May 2012 for 3 1/2 days. We will be with 2 kids. We have listed down the attractions which we would like to visit. Please feel free to advise us in case we should make any changes or skip some of them or try to do some on the same day if they are in the same vicinity to save on time. We are not heavily into paintings but would like to see just one or two time permitting.
Day 1 afternoon – Arrive Vienna in the afternoon. Refresh and proceed to Naschmark Visit the Hundterwasser museum, if possible. In the evening take the tram ride around the ring area. From where does the tram ride start, at what time and from where do we get the tickets. Is this a hop on – hop off tram? What time does the Naschmarkt usually open & close?
Day 2 - We will keep for visit to Melk-Durnstein-Krems.
Day 3 – We will start with Domkirche St. Stephan (St. Stephansdom) climb its south tower. After a tour of the cathedral, walk up the Kärntnerstrasse to the Staatsoper (Will try to take the tour in English if possible). Can we also take a tour of the Musikverien just to see from inside? Then visit Hofburg Palace Complex (Should we take the Sissi Pass to avoid the queues?)
At the Hofburg Palace visit Albertina, Augustinerkirche, Kaiserappartments (Imperial Apartments), and the Schatzkammer (Imperial Treasury), Spanish Riding School and Burgkapelle. Does the Sissi Pass include all these attractions at Hofburg Palace?
How do we time correctly to see the horses at Spanish Riding School and a performance of the Vienna Boys' Choir at Burgkapelle. I guess full day would be required to do all this? Is the Kumsthistorisches Museum And Liechtenstein Museum in the same vicinity? How do we club these so that we do not go back & forth? Take the standing room tickets at Volksoper just to get the feel of the show if possible.
Visit Schönbrunn Palace, Zoo, Prater. What are the must sees at Scholbrunn Palace? Can we squeeze in Schloss Belvedere?
Are there any Heurigens closeby where the locals go?
Do you think we must visit Grinzing as it is quite touristy and we are not into drinking wine - maybe a glass or two.
Day 5 - Depart Vienna
We know that the itinerary is very tight but that is okay with us. Only require guidance on how to plan so that there is minimum wastage of time in deciding where to next.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Önline ☎ AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Lisbon - a few tips
- 3 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 4 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 5 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 6 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 Avoid Europcar!
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 11 Scotland - We're Here!
- 12 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 13 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 14 European Vacation 2017
- 15 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 16 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 17 Need help in completing trip details
- 18 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 19 Which area to stay in London
- 20 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 21 Madrid food advice needed
- 22 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 23 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 24 Split to Hvar
- 25 Paris for children