We will be in Vienna in the second week of May 2012 for 3 1/2 days. We will be with 2 kids. We have listed down the attractions which we would like to visit. Please feel free to advise us in case we should make any changes or skip some of them or try to do some on the same day if they are in the same vicinity to save on time. We are not heavily into paintings but would like to see just one or two time permitting.
Day 1 afternoon – Arrive Vienna in the afternoon. Refresh and proceed to Naschmark Visit the Hundterwasser museum, if possible. In the evening take the tram ride around the ring area. From where does the tram ride start, at what time and from where do we get the tickets. Is this a hop on – hop off tram? What time does the Naschmarkt usually open & close?
Day 2 - We will keep for visit to Melk-Durnstein-Krems.
Day 3 – We will start with Domkirche St. Stephan (St. Stephansdom) climb its south tower. After a tour of the cathedral, walk up the Kärntnerstrasse to the Staatsoper (Will try to take the tour in English if possible). Can we also take a tour of the Musikverien just to see from inside? Then visit Hofburg Palace Complex (Should we take the Sissi Pass to avoid the queues?)
At the Hofburg Palace visit Albertina, Augustinerkirche, Kaiserappartments (Imperial Apartments), and the Schatzkammer (Imperial Treasury), Spanish Riding School and Burgkapelle. Does the Sissi Pass include all these attractions at Hofburg Palace?
How do we time correctly to see the horses at Spanish Riding School and a performance of the Vienna Boys' Choir at Burgkapelle. I guess full day would be required to do all this? Is the Kumsthistorisches Museum And Liechtenstein Museum in the same vicinity? How do we club these so that we do not go back & forth? Take the standing room tickets at Volksoper just to get the feel of the show if possible.
Visit Schönbrunn Palace, Zoo, Prater. What are the must sees at Scholbrunn Palace? Can we squeeze in Schloss Belvedere?
Are there any Heurigens closeby where the locals go?
Do you think we must visit Grinzing as it is quite touristy and we are not into drinking wine - maybe a glass or two.
Day 5 - Depart Vienna
We know that the itinerary is very tight but that is okay with us. Only require guidance on how to plan so that there is minimum wastage of time in deciding where to next.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 3 1 month in Europe
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Back from Paris
- 6 ok레이스ツ(→ KO327.ZE.AM )←)ツok레이스
- 7 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 8 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 9 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 16 London Hotels
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 19 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 20 LIsbon
- 21 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 22 Iceland in 7 days.
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 25 Luggage Storage