We will be in Vienna in the second week of May 2012 for 3 1/2 days. We will be with 2 kids. We have listed down the attractions which we would like to visit. Please feel free to advise us in case we should make any changes or skip some of them or try to do some on the same day if they are in the same vicinity to save on time. We are not heavily into paintings but would like to see just one or two time permitting.
Day 1 afternoon – Arrive Vienna in the afternoon. Refresh and proceed to Naschmark Visit the Hundterwasser museum, if possible. In the evening take the tram ride around the ring area. From where does the tram ride start, at what time and from where do we get the tickets. Is this a hop on – hop off tram? What time does the Naschmarkt usually open & close?
Day 2 - We will keep for visit to Melk-Durnstein-Krems.
Day 3 – We will start with Domkirche St. Stephan (St. Stephansdom) climb its south tower. After a tour of the cathedral, walk up the Kärntnerstrasse to the Staatsoper (Will try to take the tour in English if possible). Can we also take a tour of the Musikverien just to see from inside? Then visit Hofburg Palace Complex (Should we take the Sissi Pass to avoid the queues?)
At the Hofburg Palace visit Albertina, Augustinerkirche, Kaiserappartments (Imperial Apartments), and the Schatzkammer (Imperial Treasury), Spanish Riding School and Burgkapelle. Does the Sissi Pass include all these attractions at Hofburg Palace?
How do we time correctly to see the horses at Spanish Riding School and a performance of the Vienna Boys' Choir at Burgkapelle. I guess full day would be required to do all this? Is the Kumsthistorisches Museum And Liechtenstein Museum in the same vicinity? How do we club these so that we do not go back & forth? Take the standing room tickets at Volksoper just to get the feel of the show if possible.
Visit Schönbrunn Palace, Zoo, Prater. What are the must sees at Scholbrunn Palace? Can we squeeze in Schloss Belvedere?
Are there any Heurigens closeby where the locals go?
Do you think we must visit Grinzing as it is quite touristy and we are not into drinking wine - maybe a glass or two.
Day 5 - Depart Vienna
We know that the itinerary is very tight but that is okay with us. Only require guidance on how to plan so that there is minimum wastage of time in deciding where to next.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 11 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 12 Paris to Bordeaux
- 13 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 14 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 15 Andalucia Spain
- 16 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 17 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 20 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 21 Barcelona - places to stay
- 22 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 Private Ephesus Tour Companies