Hubby and I have a whole 2.5 days (this is actual on the ground, sightseeing time) in Vienna next year (not nearly enough time, but it is what it is). I had no real expectations of Vienna and we decided to visit it between Prague and Salzburg. The more I research it the more I have realised we will not be able to do all the things I'd probably like to do. Below are the things I'd like to see but I'm not sure it's doable in the time we have.
- Walk the Old Town
- Spanish Riding School
- Schonbrunn Palace
- Melk Abbey
- Wachau Valley Bike & Winery Tour
Does anyone have any feedback on the above, is it possible to do all of this in the time or am I nuts! I'm not sure if we should just give the Palace as miss as that would be fairly time consuming. We both love our wine and I've read the Wachau Valley is beautiful in Autumn (when we'll be there), but the trip to Melk would also looks good. We don't mind it being pretty full on for our time in Vienna as we will have some downtime in Prague (before) and Salzburg (after).
Also should we be staying in the Innere Stradt? I had found a hotel I liked in Wieden (Urbanauts) but given our short trip maybe I should listen to my husband and "be practical" and stay in the centre instead.
Any suggestions, hints or tips would be welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MA5TI: ROADRUNNER mail Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 ROADRUNNER 24*7
- 2 Norton360 security: Tec*h support CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 antivirus
- 3 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 4 ATM
- 5 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 6 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 7 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 8 ATM help
- 9 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 10 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 12 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 13 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 14 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 15 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 16 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 17 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 18 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 19 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 20 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 21 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Spain Itinerary
- 24 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 25 Croatia Intinerary August 2017