Hubby and I have a whole 2.5 days (this is actual on the ground, sightseeing time) in Vienna next year (not nearly enough time, but it is what it is). I had no real expectations of Vienna and we decided to visit it between Prague and Salzburg. The more I research it the more I have realised we will not be able to do all the things I'd probably like to do. Below are the things I'd like to see but I'm not sure it's doable in the time we have.
- Walk the Old Town
- Spanish Riding School
- Schonbrunn Palace
- Melk Abbey
- Wachau Valley Bike & Winery Tour
Does anyone have any feedback on the above, is it possible to do all of this in the time or am I nuts! I'm not sure if we should just give the Palace as miss as that would be fairly time consuming. We both love our wine and I've read the Wachau Valley is beautiful in Autumn (when we'll be there), but the trip to Melk would also looks good. We don't mind it being pretty full on for our time in Vienna as we will have some downtime in Prague (before) and Salzburg (after).
Also should we be staying in the Innere Stradt? I had found a hotel I liked in Wieden (Urbanauts) but given our short trip maybe I should listen to my husband and "be practical" and stay in the centre instead.
Any suggestions, hints or tips would be welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 2 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 3 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 4 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 5 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 6 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 7 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 8 Lyon france-- rental car
- 9 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 10 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 13 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 14 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 15 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 16 Greece mainland and islands
- 17 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 18 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 19 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 20 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 23 Oyster card?
- 24 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler