Hubby and I have a whole 2.5 days (this is actual on the ground, sightseeing time) in Vienna next year (not nearly enough time, but it is what it is). I had no real expectations of Vienna and we decided to visit it between Prague and Salzburg. The more I research it the more I have realised we will not be able to do all the things I'd probably like to do. Below are the things I'd like to see but I'm not sure it's doable in the time we have.
- Walk the Old Town
- Spanish Riding School
- Schonbrunn Palace
- Melk Abbey
- Wachau Valley Bike & Winery Tour
Does anyone have any feedback on the above, is it possible to do all of this in the time or am I nuts! I'm not sure if we should just give the Palace as miss as that would be fairly time consuming. We both love our wine and I've read the Wachau Valley is beautiful in Autumn (when we'll be there), but the trip to Melk would also looks good. We don't mind it being pretty full on for our time in Vienna as we will have some downtime in Prague (before) and Salzburg (after).
Also should we be staying in the Innere Stradt? I had found a hotel I liked in Wieden (Urbanauts) but given our short trip maybe I should listen to my husband and "be practical" and stay in the centre instead.
Any suggestions, hints or tips would be welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Planning A trip
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 Driving through Paris
- 5 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Checking accounts in Europe
- 10 Accountant in Slovenia
- 11 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 12 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 15 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 16 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 17 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 18 Italy June 6-16
- 19 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 24 Long weekend in Albania
- 25 car rental