My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 2 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 4 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 5 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 6 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 7 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 8 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 9 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 10 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 11 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 12 Paris Under Seige...
- 13 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 14 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 15 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 16 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 17 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 18 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 19 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 20 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 21 Private transportation
- 22 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 23 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 24 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 25 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance