My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance
- 1 Zee Best
- 2 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 3 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 4 General questions about Sicily
- 5 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 6 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 7 Best Base on the Rhine for Day Trips
- 8 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 9 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 10 What to Give to Host Family
- 11 Rome apartment
- 12 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 13 Renting Road Bikes near Beaune
- 14 Rome stay - Flaminio P. del Popolo or P. del Colosseo?
- 15 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 16 Paros or Naxos?
- 17 Serbia itinerary and ideas for activities
- 18 Turin/Torino and surrounding area
- 19 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 20 Hotels in London
- 21 Cinque Terre, Monterosso- Transportation & Accommodation questions
- 22 Charging iPhone safely in Russia
- 23 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 24 Bernina express reservations/tickets
- 25 Another Host Family Gift question (Spain)