My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 2 Itinerary Help!
- 3 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 4 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 5 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 6 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 7 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 8 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 He said , she said
- 11 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 12 Munich with a car?
- 13 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 14 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 15 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 16 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 17 Toulouse and beyond -
- 18 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 20 tour guides in rome
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 24 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 25 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????