My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance
- 1 London at Xmas
- 2 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 3 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 4 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 5 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 6 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 7 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 8 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 9 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 10 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 11 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 12 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 13 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 14 Where are the best markets in Rome?
- 15 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 16 Football (soccer) matches in July
- 17 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 18 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 19 France by rail or car?
- 20 Which tour company would be best?
- 21 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 22 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 23 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 24 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 25 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?