My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 2 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 Juangfrau / mt
- 8 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Switzerland
- 11 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 12 Questions about Polish sights
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 Italy
- 19 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 20 Revised itinerary for italy
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 Biarritz family holiday
- 24 Lisbon hotel
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance