My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 2 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 3 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 6 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 7 First Time Europe Trip
- 8 Cordoba or Granada?
- 9 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 10 St Andrews advice
- 11 Guided tours or drive yourself? - Scotland
- 12 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 13 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 14 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 15 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 16 Hostel Advice
- 17 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 18 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 19 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 20 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 21 Rome for a week
- 22 Touring Wales
- 23 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 24 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 25 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance