My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 2 The Best beach in Europe
- 3 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 4 The suitcases ar going to Provence
- 5 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 6 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 7 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 8 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 9 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 10 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 11 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 12 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 13 Northern Spain
- 14 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 15 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 16 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 17 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 18 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 19 explore Italy on a budget
- 20 Itenerary Opinion
- 21 Transportation
- 22 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 23 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 24 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 25 Parking in Alhambra for two days
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance