My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Month Europe Itinerary
- 2 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 Carcassonne or St Guilhem le Desert?
- 5 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 6 Spain Andalusia Itinerary Advice
- 7 May or September Andulucia/Munich
- 8 Paris---baguette question???
- 9 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 10 What type of visa is right for me?
- 11 CDG to the 10th on Friday afternoon for 6
- 12 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 13 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 14 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 15 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 16 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 17 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 18 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
- 19 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 20 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 21 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 22 Vienna to Bratislava
- 23 a loss about Paris
- 24 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 25 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance