My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 Dublin Leap Card
- 4 Vatican City questions
- 5 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 6 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 7 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 8 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 9 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 10 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 11 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 12 Piedmont as a destination
- 13 dinner jackets
- 14 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 15 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 16 Garda Land
- 17 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 20 2 weeks Europe trip
- 21 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 22 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 23 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance