My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 2 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 3 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 4 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 5 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 6 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 7 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 8 Pronunciation
- 9 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 10 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 11 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 12 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 13 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 14 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 15 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 16 best time to book accommodation
- 17 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 18 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 19 London visit
- 20 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 21 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 22 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 23 No points in Paris .....
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 Pompeii train to Naples