My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 2 My First Trip to Europe...
- 3 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 4 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 5 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 6 France to stop making foie grois
- 7 train from ravenna to parma
- 8 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 9 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 10 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 11 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 14 Madrid city centre?
- 15 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 16 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 17 counselling in West London
- 18 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 19 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 20 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 21 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 22 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 23 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 24 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 25 Stonehenge and Bath
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance