My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in Vienna (our first time there) over the summer. We will be arriving by train from Germany and staying at the Imperial Riding School Renaissance.
-Our train arrives to Westbahnhof and I believe the closest station to our hotel is the Bahnhof Wien Mitte. If I'm reading correctly, according to the OEBB website we can take the U-3 to get from one to the other, is that right? Is it fairly easy to switch from the RailJet track to where we'd pick up the U-3? Does anyone know the cost or are we better off just taking a taxi to the hotel?
-From what I see on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a bit out of the center of town. Has anyone stayed here? We love to walk, but will we end up using the public transport because of the location of our hotel? Just wondering if we'd be better off purchasing a Vienna Card or transport card. We haven't solidified exactly which sights we'd want to see, but I know my husband will want to see just about anything involved with music
-Does a transport card-only still exist? Any time I search I just am directed to the Vienna Card, which is transport plus limited discounts right?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 2 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 3 Does Paris ruin you for life?
- 4 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 5 London and Normandy
- 6 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 7 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 8 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 9 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 10 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 11 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 12 rent muscle car in Norway
- 13 Athens tour guide advice
- 14 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 15 mystras or nemea
- 16 Venice gondola ride
- 17 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 18 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 19 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 20 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 21 Paris and Normandy
- 22 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 23 How do I private message a person?
- 24 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 25 Burgundy and Lyon
Vienna Card and Transport - Imperial Riding School Renaissance