I'm a Canadian travelling to Vienna on Feb 14 to meet my husband who will already be there for business. We are planning on staying in central Europe for 6 or 7 days.
We have a moderate budget (no need to go super cheap, but not overly luxurious either), and are both into exploring big cities, good restaurants and bars (but not clubs), shopping, checking out local culture and historical sites, etc.
I have some questions I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can help out with. Sorry in advance if any of these are really stupid - I'm not an experienced traveller:
- We would like to stay in Vienna for a couple of days (since my husband's hotel is paid for) and then move on to another city (or two) for the rest of the trip. Cities that we're interested in are Budapest, Berlin, Prague. I do realize that 6-7 days is not a lot of time. What do you recommend in terms of cities to visit?
- How should we travel from Vienna to the other destinations? I'm thinking train, but I'm concerned about wasting time....
- Would really appreciate any hotel/restaurant/stuff to do recommendations for any cities you suggest.
Thank you so much in advance!
Vienna and....? Need advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heli Tour
- 2 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 3 What are the best places to see in England
- 4 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 5 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 6 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 7 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 8 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 9 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Estonia Amber
- 14 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 15 Tight Planning?
- 16 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 17 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 18 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 19 Travel with Teens
- 20 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 21 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 22 One week in Venice - trips
- 23 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 24 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 25 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting