I'm a Canadian travelling to Vienna on Feb 14 to meet my husband who will already be there for business. We are planning on staying in central Europe for 6 or 7 days.
We have a moderate budget (no need to go super cheap, but not overly luxurious either), and are both into exploring big cities, good restaurants and bars (but not clubs), shopping, checking out local culture and historical sites, etc.
I have some questions I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can help out with. Sorry in advance if any of these are really stupid - I'm not an experienced traveller:
- We would like to stay in Vienna for a couple of days (since my husband's hotel is paid for) and then move on to another city (or two) for the rest of the trip. Cities that we're interested in are Budapest, Berlin, Prague. I do realize that 6-7 days is not a lot of time. What do you recommend in terms of cities to visit?
- How should we travel from Vienna to the other destinations? I'm thinking train, but I'm concerned about wasting time....
- Would really appreciate any hotel/restaurant/stuff to do recommendations for any cities you suggest.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 3 Need hotel in Athens
- 4 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 7 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 8 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 9 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 10 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 11 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 13 Train / Calabria
- 14 16 days in France and Italy
- 15 Scotland - We're Here!
- 16 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 17 Naples + Walking Tour
- 18 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 19 Paris for children
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 22 Couscous
- 23 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 24 IWM
- 25 Southern Italy Help - Part 2