I'm a Canadian travelling to Vienna on Feb 14 to meet my husband who will already be there for business. We are planning on staying in central Europe for 6 or 7 days.
We have a moderate budget (no need to go super cheap, but not overly luxurious either), and are both into exploring big cities, good restaurants and bars (but not clubs), shopping, checking out local culture and historical sites, etc.
I have some questions I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can help out with. Sorry in advance if any of these are really stupid - I'm not an experienced traveller:
- We would like to stay in Vienna for a couple of days (since my husband's hotel is paid for) and then move on to another city (or two) for the rest of the trip. Cities that we're interested in are Budapest, Berlin, Prague. I do realize that 6-7 days is not a lot of time. What do you recommend in terms of cities to visit?
- How should we travel from Vienna to the other destinations? I'm thinking train, but I'm concerned about wasting time....
- Would really appreciate any hotel/restaurant/stuff to do recommendations for any cities you suggest.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK Theatre site won't accept US zip code
- 2 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 3 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 4 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 5 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 8 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 9 Best Greek Island
- 10 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 11 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 12 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 13 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 14 Night Bus?
- 15 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 16 Spain in November
- 17 What to chowe..Tomar, Alcobaca, Batalha
- 18 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 19 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 20 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 21 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 22 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 23 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 24 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 25 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal