I'm a Canadian travelling to Vienna on Feb 14 to meet my husband who will already be there for business. We are planning on staying in central Europe for 6 or 7 days.
We have a moderate budget (no need to go super cheap, but not overly luxurious either), and are both into exploring big cities, good restaurants and bars (but not clubs), shopping, checking out local culture and historical sites, etc.
I have some questions I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can help out with. Sorry in advance if any of these are really stupid - I'm not an experienced traveller:
- We would like to stay in Vienna for a couple of days (since my husband's hotel is paid for) and then move on to another city (or two) for the rest of the trip. Cities that we're interested in are Budapest, Berlin, Prague. I do realize that 6-7 days is not a lot of time. What do you recommend in terms of cities to visit?
- How should we travel from Vienna to the other destinations? I'm thinking train, but I'm concerned about wasting time....
- Would really appreciate any hotel/restaurant/stuff to do recommendations for any cities you suggest.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바다이야기릴 ▼ 접속 :≫ttw46.com≪
- 2 야마토전함 ▶ 홈피:≫ttw46.com≪
- 3 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 4 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 5 dinner jackets
- 6 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 7 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 8 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 9 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 10 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 11 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 12 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 13 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 14 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 Cordoba Overnight?
- 17 Piedmont as a destination
- 18 2 weeks Europe trip
- 19 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 20 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 22 Monemvasia or Gefyra
- 23 Alkmaar to Brussels - things to see?
- 24 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 25 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions