I'm a Canadian travelling to Vienna on Feb 14 to meet my husband who will already be there for business. We are planning on staying in central Europe for 6 or 7 days.
We have a moderate budget (no need to go super cheap, but not overly luxurious either), and are both into exploring big cities, good restaurants and bars (but not clubs), shopping, checking out local culture and historical sites, etc.
I have some questions I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can help out with. Sorry in advance if any of these are really stupid - I'm not an experienced traveller:
- We would like to stay in Vienna for a couple of days (since my husband's hotel is paid for) and then move on to another city (or two) for the rest of the trip. Cities that we're interested in are Budapest, Berlin, Prague. I do realize that 6-7 days is not a lot of time. What do you recommend in terms of cities to visit?
- How should we travel from Vienna to the other destinations? I'm thinking train, but I'm concerned about wasting time....
- Would really appreciate any hotel/restaurant/stuff to do recommendations for any cities you suggest.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Will I need to go through immigration at Heathrow?
- 3 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 4 Loire or Provence in January?
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 Uber Apologizes for London Mistakes...
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 10 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 11 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Day trip from London in December
- 17 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 18 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 24 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 25 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley