This question relates to a visit from Venice.
I know I can easily get to the two towns above by train.
One question is whether I can see various Palladian villas without a car, or if a car really would be a better idea - and if so, can I do both towns together in a one day trip - the one day I'd have the car. If there is a tour operator in either town that offers short visits to a few villas that may be an option.
A second question would be: if I at least make it to the above towns, via train, will I get a sampling of Palladio without venturing into the countryside. Could I leave the countryside villas for another trip IOW. I know one town has a museum dedicated to him.
I just checked into a car rental and for 24 hours it's 175 bucks through Auto Europe. That is quite steep. I had a car through them in early September for a week for not much more money than that. I haven't checked into train prices to visit both towns but I tend to doubt it will add up to 175 bucks (135E).
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 car for four adults and four bikes
- 2 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 3 Barcelona cooking classes
- 4 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 5 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 7 CDG airport and connection time
- 8 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 9 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 French restaurants
- 12 Switzerland
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 20 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 21 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 22 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 25 family holiday Rome&Venice