This question relates to a visit from Venice.
I know I can easily get to the two towns above by train.
One question is whether I can see various Palladian villas without a car, or if a car really would be a better idea - and if so, can I do both towns together in a one day trip - the one day I'd have the car. If there is a tour operator in either town that offers short visits to a few villas that may be an option.
A second question would be: if I at least make it to the above towns, via train, will I get a sampling of Palladio without venturing into the countryside. Could I leave the countryside villas for another trip IOW. I know one town has a museum dedicated to him.
I just checked into a car rental and for 24 hours it's 175 bucks through Auto Europe. That is quite steep. I had a car through them in early September for a week for not much more money than that. I haven't checked into train prices to visit both towns but I tend to doubt it will add up to 175 bucks (135E).
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 2 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 3 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 4 Matera tour guide wanted
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 7 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 8 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 9 Service dog
- 10 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 11 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 14 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 15 Coastal Denmark
- 16 Christian Cafe Dating
- 17 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 18 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 19 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 20 Iceland
- 21 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 22 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 25 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION