This question relates to a visit from Venice.
I know I can easily get to the two towns above by train.
One question is whether I can see various Palladian villas without a car, or if a car really would be a better idea - and if so, can I do both towns together in a one day trip - the one day I'd have the car. If there is a tour operator in either town that offers short visits to a few villas that may be an option.
A second question would be: if I at least make it to the above towns, via train, will I get a sampling of Palladio without venturing into the countryside. Could I leave the countryside villas for another trip IOW. I know one town has a museum dedicated to him.
I just checked into a car rental and for 24 hours it's 175 bucks through Auto Europe. That is quite steep. I had a car through them in early September for a week for not much more money than that. I haven't checked into train prices to visit both towns but I tend to doubt it will add up to 175 bucks (135E).
Thanks for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON@ printer Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tech c*Are 22/7
- 2 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 3 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 4 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 5 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 6 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 7 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 8 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Maximizing Norway time
- 11 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 12 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 13 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 14 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 15 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 16 Hiking in Switzerland
- 17 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 18 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 19 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 21 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy