Hi Swiss experts!
I am planning our annual summer mountain “fix". We’ve been to the Berner Oberland (BO) region in 2011 and this time, we want to allocate a few nights to Vevey/Montreux area. We are comprised of DH, DS (age 3) and DD (age 5) and me.
So far, basic itinerary:
July 26 –arrive Geneva - drive to Vevey/Montreux. DH really wants car for first leg of trip.
July 27 - Chateau de Chillon/explore Vevey and/or Montreux.
July 28 – Boat cruise/ stop at Le Bouveret to visit the Swiss Vapeur Parc .
July 29 – Scenic drive to Interlaken with stops at Gruyeres (no interest in chocolate factory/Broc), Gstaad, other? with plan to arrive Interlaken late afternoon and drop off car.
July 30 – Aug 2 - BO region
1 day for Jungfrau (only if weather cooperates) – not super important to us.
1 day for Murren/Allmendhubel/Gimmelwald loop.
1 day (Aug 1) – celebrate Swiss National day with lake cruise to Thun and picnic.
1 day for a Wengen/Mannlichen/Grindelwald loop
Aug 3 – train to Geneva or Zurich and fly back to UK.
1) Vevey vs Montreux base. Leaning towards Vevey as seems a bit more quiet with the kids and like the idea of the market on Saturday. I’m looking at hotels including the Grand Hotel Du Lac or Hotel des Trois Couronnes in Vevey. In Montreux there seem to be lots of big grand hotels but hard to really distinguish between them as I’m not sure what is best location given our itin. Any views/recommendations? Our top priorities are location, views, and availability to book two connected rooms or a better yet a suite or room that could fit family of four. Based on research thus far, I’m prepared for steep prices!
2) Scenic drive to Interlaken – any towns/recommendations to stop along the way other than Gruyeres/Gstaad?
3) Murren/Allmendhubel/Gimmelwald loop - how is the walk from Murren to Gimmelwald for a 3 and 5 year old? Then do we go back to Lauterbrunnen via Murren or can you go straight to Lauterbrunnen from Gimmelwald (seems this involves a bus)?
4) Wengen/Mannlichen/Grindelwald loop using the cable car from Wengen to Mannlichen and then gondola from Mannlichen to Grindelwald. Is this recommended? Would plan stops along the way for snacks/play/lunch etc and then finally train from Grindelwald back to Interlaken. We’ve been to Wengen in the past but not on the Mannlichen cable car or to Grindelwald so thought this might be an interesting round trip.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 2 야마토전함 ≪접속주소 :【 ' m k 2 8 9. 컴 ' 】
- 3 카지노방법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노ず카지노
- 4 온라인카지노싸이트■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■생방송카지노く생방송카지노
- 5 정통바카라방법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노あ인터넷카지노
- 6 카지노접속■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■라이브바카라さ라이브바카라
- 7 슈퍼카지노정보■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노び온라인카지노
- 8 바카라사이트모음 ■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노ニ온라인카지노
- 9 바카라꽁머니■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라추천ゑ바카라추천
- 10 로얄바카라사이트■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■코리아카지노な코리아카지노
- 11 엔젤카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노주소ノ인터넷카지노주소
- 12 티카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인바카라ほ온라인바카라
- 13 운좋은카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■라이브카지노ゲ라이브카지노
- 14 미모사바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노사이트주소ぃ카지노사이트주소
- 15 마카오카지노추천■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■라이브바카라か라이브바카라
- 16 카지노후기■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라추천せ인터넷바카라추천
- 17 비비카지노주소■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라추천サ바카라추천
- 18 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 19 프론트카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인바카라ュ온라인바카라
- 20 체인바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노추천を카지노추천
- 21 카지노싸이트 ■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■바카라べ바카라
- 22 현금바둑이 ※연결 :≫kxc551.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 23 보스바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노사이트ス카지노사이트
- 24 바카라게임하는법■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온카ヲ온카
- 25 다빈치 ≪접속주소 :【 ' m k 2 8 9.com ' 】
Vevey/Montreux/Interlaken with 2 kids - Itinerary and lodging help please!
Hi Swiss experts!