My husband and I are heading to Tuscany (via Milan) in early March for our anniversary, and I am in humble need of your advice on where to base ourselves, what to do and where to go. My priorities are to have a romantic trip, while seeing the main sights, visit the best wineries (we like Chianti, Montepulciano and organic/biodynamic wines) and eat great cuisine with the locals. I also am in the technology business, so I must be able to access decent wifi anywhere we stay.
The reason we are not staying in Milan is because shopping and fashion are fun, but not totally our thing.
We are in town for 4 days, 3 nights and our days look like this -
1st night: Arrive to Milano Linate, take TrenItalia to Florence via Milan Garibaldi station. Arrive to Florence at approx. 4pm.
2nd night: OPEN
3rd night: OPEN (should arrive back to Milan by the evening, to check into hotel and depart early for the following day's flight)
4th day: Depart Milano Malpensa 9am back to NYC
Looking forward to all your advice and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 2 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 3 Towersey, London
- 4 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 5 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Amalfi Coast help
- 8 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 11 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 12 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 13 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 14 Ireland in April
- 15 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 18 A few days outside Rome
- 19 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 20 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 23 Paris Metro
- 24 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 25 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input