My husband and I are heading to Tuscany (via Milan) in early March for our anniversary, and I am in humble need of your advice on where to base ourselves, what to do and where to go. My priorities are to have a romantic trip, while seeing the main sights, visit the best wineries (we like Chianti, Montepulciano and organic/biodynamic wines) and eat great cuisine with the locals. I also am in the technology business, so I must be able to access decent wifi anywhere we stay.
The reason we are not staying in Milan is because shopping and fashion are fun, but not totally our thing.
We are in town for 4 days, 3 nights and our days look like this -
1st night: Arrive to Milano Linate, take TrenItalia to Florence via Milan Garibaldi station. Arrive to Florence at approx. 4pm.
2nd night: OPEN
3rd night: OPEN (should arrive back to Milan by the evening, to check into hotel and depart early for the following day's flight)
4th day: Depart Milano Malpensa 9am back to NYC
Looking forward to all your advice and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 2 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 3 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 4 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 5 Chamonix to Paris
- 6 Scotland and London 21 days
- 7 Rome to venice
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 10 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 11 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 12 Rome-Itinerary
- 13 Ireland itinerary help please
- 14 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 15 help with Italy itinerary
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 18 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 19 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 20 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 21 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 22 Praiana to Positano
- 23 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 24 Quick Barcelona Info needed for next week please
- 25 Venice