My husband and I are heading to Tuscany (via Milan) in early March for our anniversary, and I am in humble need of your advice on where to base ourselves, what to do and where to go. My priorities are to have a romantic trip, while seeing the main sights, visit the best wineries (we like Chianti, Montepulciano and organic/biodynamic wines) and eat great cuisine with the locals. I also am in the technology business, so I must be able to access decent wifi anywhere we stay.
The reason we are not staying in Milan is because shopping and fashion are fun, but not totally our thing.
We are in town for 4 days, 3 nights and our days look like this -
1st night: Arrive to Milano Linate, take TrenItalia to Florence via Milan Garibaldi station. Arrive to Florence at approx. 4pm.
2nd night: OPEN
3rd night: OPEN (should arrive back to Milan by the evening, to check into hotel and depart early for the following day's flight)
4th day: Depart Milano Malpensa 9am back to NYC
Looking forward to all your advice and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 2 Azores
- 3 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 6 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 Short Trip in July
- 10 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 11 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 12 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 15 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 16 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 17 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 18 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Sim Card Options
- 21 Greek Islands (small)
- 22 38 Days in Paris
- 23 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please