We're thinking of taking a driving trip encompassing Toulouse, Sarlat, train to Paris, for between 16 - 18 days this fall. We haven't finalized anything yet, just beginning the process.
One concern that's at the back of my mind is the roads, not the conditions per se, but I'm having difficulty finding information about the steepness of the grades, getting, for example to Carcassone. Les Baux, St. Paul de Vence, no problem. We would never consider driving in Switzerland or the Amalfi coast, but managed quite well in Ireland. I went along the Napoleon Trail (can't recall exactly where) as a passenger, and knew immediately we'd never be able to manage it ourselves. We went to Dingle, but did not get there via the Connor Pass. Going up and down isn't a problem, but straight up, mountain on one side of the car and sheer drop on the other makes my heart skip a beat just thinking about it. Lots of advice and warnings and information about driving in Sorrento and Amalfi and Dingle and the NW of Ireland, but I'm coming up empty about the Dordogne and Languedoc regions.
We've driven in the Canadian Rockies to Banff, Lake Louise, just fine, but it's a gently grade getting there.
I want the driver to enjoy this trip, not break out in hives just thinking about it!
I'd appreciate any advice, any areas you would recommend as a no-go for us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kech YAHOO mail solutions CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Helpdesk: YAHOO GET the App YAHOO CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO 24*7
- 3 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 4 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 5 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 6 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 7 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 8 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 9 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 10 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 11 Scotland itinerary help
- 12 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 13 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 14 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Edinbrugh
- 17 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 18 Swimming to Paris
- 19 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 20 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 21 Istria in two days
- 22 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 25 Hiking in Switzerland