We're thinking of taking a driving trip encompassing Toulouse, Sarlat, train to Paris, for between 16 - 18 days this fall. We haven't finalized anything yet, just beginning the process.
One concern that's at the back of my mind is the roads, not the conditions per se, but I'm having difficulty finding information about the steepness of the grades, getting, for example to Carcassone. Les Baux, St. Paul de Vence, no problem. We would never consider driving in Switzerland or the Amalfi coast, but managed quite well in Ireland. I went along the Napoleon Trail (can't recall exactly where) as a passenger, and knew immediately we'd never be able to manage it ourselves. We went to Dingle, but did not get there via the Connor Pass. Going up and down isn't a problem, but straight up, mountain on one side of the car and sheer drop on the other makes my heart skip a beat just thinking about it. Lots of advice and warnings and information about driving in Sorrento and Amalfi and Dingle and the NW of Ireland, but I'm coming up empty about the Dordogne and Languedoc regions.
We've driven in the Canadian Rockies to Banff, Lake Louise, just fine, but it's a gently grade getting there.
I want the driver to enjoy this trip, not break out in hives just thinking about it!
I'd appreciate any advice, any areas you would recommend as a no-go for us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kleine Schlag Xylitol
- 2 뉴미스터손 릴게임 ▶ 홈피:≫vtk15.com≪
- 3 http://offersreviews.org/regenx-ad/
- 4 My Topic Title황금성 온라인게임 ● 연결 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 5 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 6 Luggage Storage
- 7 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 8 Back from Paris
- 9 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Another tipping question: concierges
- 13 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 14 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 15 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 16 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 Spain in July
- 19 Summer Travel order
- 20 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 21 LIsbon
- 22 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 23 Corfu
- 24 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 25 Copenhagen to Stockholm