I'm going to Italy and Croatia this summer for a few weeks and would like to have a cell phone to keep in touch with my family and friends back here. I've got a BlackBerry Storm2 (VX9550), so it is GSM capable. I'm trying to find the best way to keep in touch without paying a lot for cell usage. Initially, we were told that we could use SkypeMobile for free, but have since found out that it is not able to be used in Europe yet. I would be ok with only using my cell phone's internet capabilities to update Facebook and communicate via e-mail, but I am not sure if there is a charge for that as well or anything. If anyone has any knowledge of this, any other suggestions, or anything else that would help that would be great! Thanks!!
Verizon cell phone to use in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Too many Trip Reports
- 2 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 3 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 4 Is this the right way<>?
- 5 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 6 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 7 Art in Paris
- 8 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 9 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 10 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 13 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 14 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 15 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 16 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 17 Hotels that we found special
- 18 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 19 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 20 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 21 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 22 Great London Bars with a view
- 23 Rome Food Tour
- 24 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 25 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.