I'm going to Italy and Croatia this summer for a few weeks and would like to have a cell phone to keep in touch with my family and friends back here. I've got a BlackBerry Storm2 (VX9550), so it is GSM capable. I'm trying to find the best way to keep in touch without paying a lot for cell usage. Initially, we were told that we could use SkypeMobile for free, but have since found out that it is not able to be used in Europe yet. I would be ok with only using my cell phone's internet capabilities to update Facebook and communicate via e-mail, but I am not sure if there is a charge for that as well or anything. If anyone has any knowledge of this, any other suggestions, or anything else that would help that would be great! Thanks!!
Verizon cell phone to use in Europe
View all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days in Europe,
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 4 Family European winter holiday
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 8 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 9 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 10 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 Travel by train or bus
- 14 Planning a holiday
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 17 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 19 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 20 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 21 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 22 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 23 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 24 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 25 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France