I'm going to Italy and Croatia this summer for a few weeks and would like to have a cell phone to keep in touch with my family and friends back here. I've got a BlackBerry Storm2 (VX9550), so it is GSM capable. I'm trying to find the best way to keep in touch without paying a lot for cell usage. Initially, we were told that we could use SkypeMobile for free, but have since found out that it is not able to be used in Europe yet. I would be ok with only using my cell phone's internet capabilities to update Facebook and communicate via e-mail, but I am not sure if there is a charge for that as well or anything. If anyone has any knowledge of this, any other suggestions, or anything else that would help that would be great! Thanks!!
Verizon cell phone to use in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 2 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 5 Seaside island village in Greece
- 6 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 7 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 8 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 9 7 days in Greece
- 10 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 11 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 12 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 13 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Spain itineraries
- 16 Itinerary Help!
- 17 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 18 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 19 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 22 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 23 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 24 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Ireland with a Northern Twist