We are a family of four - kids aged 15 and 18 seeking to do our first ski trip to Europe during mid-February. We're all advanced skiiers so are interested in a place with sufficient advanced terrain. However, we'd also like to go somewhere with a nice town that would be enjoyable to be in for the non-skiing hours. We're focusing on Verbier because of the elevation, terrain options and adjacency with Crans Montana in order to view a world cup race while we're there. Does anyone have any direct experience with Verbier and if so, any sense of whether it will be mobbed this time or year and also, what is the town like and will it be enjoyable to be there for a week? Lastly, has anyone rented an apartment directly and if so, what web-site did you use? I've found many sites where you go through brokers, but if possible, I'd like to deal directly with the owner. We've done this in the past for other trips to Europe and found it saved considerable money, but I"m having difficulty finding such a site this time. Thanks in advance for you help!
Verbier or someplace else????
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 2 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 3 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 4 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 5 Grad Schools in London?
- 6 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 7 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 8 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 9 Florence Opera
- 10 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 11 Latest Itinerary
- 12 Day trips from Bologna
- 13 Day trips from Bologna
- 14 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 15 spain
- 16 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 17 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 18 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 19 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 20 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!
- 21 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 22 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 23 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 24 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 25 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair