We are a family of four - kids aged 15 and 18 seeking to do our first ski trip to Europe during mid-February. We're all advanced skiiers so are interested in a place with sufficient advanced terrain. However, we'd also like to go somewhere with a nice town that would be enjoyable to be in for the non-skiing hours. We're focusing on Verbier because of the elevation, terrain options and adjacency with Crans Montana in order to view a world cup race while we're there. Does anyone have any direct experience with Verbier and if so, any sense of whether it will be mobbed this time or year and also, what is the town like and will it be enjoyable to be there for a week? Lastly, has anyone rented an apartment directly and if so, what web-site did you use? I've found many sites where you go through brokers, but if possible, I'd like to deal directly with the owner. We've done this in the past for other trips to Europe and found it saved considerable money, but I"m having difficulty finding such a site this time. Thanks in advance for you help!
Verbier or someplace else????
View all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 6 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 7 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 8 Traveling within Italy
- 9 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 10 London for Christmas
- 11 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 12 To Paris and Provence in June
- 13 Florence in October
- 14 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 15 first european holiday itinery
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 London at Easter
- 23 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 24 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013