We are a family of four - kids aged 15 and 18 seeking to do our first ski trip to Europe during mid-February. We're all advanced skiiers so are interested in a place with sufficient advanced terrain. However, we'd also like to go somewhere with a nice town that would be enjoyable to be in for the non-skiing hours. We're focusing on Verbier because of the elevation, terrain options and adjacency with Crans Montana in order to view a world cup race while we're there. Does anyone have any direct experience with Verbier and if so, any sense of whether it will be mobbed this time or year and also, what is the town like and will it be enjoyable to be there for a week? Lastly, has anyone rented an apartment directly and if so, what web-site did you use? I've found many sites where you go through brokers, but if possible, I'd like to deal directly with the owner. We've done this in the past for other trips to Europe and found it saved considerable money, but I"m having difficulty finding such a site this time. Thanks in advance for you help!
Verbier or someplace else????
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 2 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 8 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 9 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 10 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 11 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 12 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 13 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 14 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 17 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 18 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 19 Is my plan ok
- 20 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 21 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 22 5 Observations About Paris
- 23 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 24 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 25 Southern Spain