We are a family of four - kids aged 15 and 18 seeking to do our first ski trip to Europe during mid-February. We're all advanced skiiers so are interested in a place with sufficient advanced terrain. However, we'd also like to go somewhere with a nice town that would be enjoyable to be in for the non-skiing hours. We're focusing on Verbier because of the elevation, terrain options and adjacency with Crans Montana in order to view a world cup race while we're there. Does anyone have any direct experience with Verbier and if so, any sense of whether it will be mobbed this time or year and also, what is the town like and will it be enjoyable to be there for a week? Lastly, has anyone rented an apartment directly and if so, what web-site did you use? I've found many sites where you go through brokers, but if possible, I'd like to deal directly with the owner. We've done this in the past for other trips to Europe and found it saved considerable money, but I"m having difficulty finding such a site this time. Thanks in advance for you help!
Verbier or someplace else????
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 2 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 3 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 4 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 5 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 6 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 7 Paris in April?
- 8 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 9 Prague - Tram #22
- 10 A drive in Europe
- 11 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 car rental companies Italy
- 14 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 15 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 16 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 17 Toulouse and beyond -
- 18 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 19 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 20 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 21 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 24 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 25 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?