We are a family of four - kids aged 15 and 18 seeking to do our first ski trip to Europe during mid-February. We're all advanced skiiers so are interested in a place with sufficient advanced terrain. However, we'd also like to go somewhere with a nice town that would be enjoyable to be in for the non-skiing hours. We're focusing on Verbier because of the elevation, terrain options and adjacency with Crans Montana in order to view a world cup race while we're there. Does anyone have any direct experience with Verbier and if so, any sense of whether it will be mobbed this time or year and also, what is the town like and will it be enjoyable to be there for a week? Lastly, has anyone rented an apartment directly and if so, what web-site did you use? I've found many sites where you go through brokers, but if possible, I'd like to deal directly with the owner. We've done this in the past for other trips to Europe and found it saved considerable money, but I"m having difficulty finding such a site this time. Thanks in advance for you help!
Verbier or someplace else????
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 2 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 3 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 4 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 5 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 6 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 7 Hotel in Rome?
- 8 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 9 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 10 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 11 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 12 Favorite hotels
- 13 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 14 Late night dinner in Menton?
- 15 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 16 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 17 Passport Delays
- 18 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 19 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 20 Message for Ackislander
- 21 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 22 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 23 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 24 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 25 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?