We're hoping to do a family ski trip to Europe this February and are debating options. We are a family for four with kids aged 18 and 15 and are all advanced skiiers. We're considering Chamonix or Verbier at this point because we think they will offer us the most reliable snow, good options in terms of advanced terrain and also not too far from one of the World Cup races we're hoping to see during our trip. Does anyone have any experience with either of these and have have thoughts one way or another. We've traveled to Wengen/Grindelwald area in the summer and absolutely loved the hiking there, but want to go someplace different for this trip. Thanks in advance for your help!.
Verbier or Chamonix Ski Trip????
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 4 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 5 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 8 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 Train to Airport in Venice
- 11 Golfing in Ireland
- 12 Day trips from Seville
- 13 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 16 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 17 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 18 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 19 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 20 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 21 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 22 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 23 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 24 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 25 Airport to Piraeus