I have booked a 5* hotel in Rome for 3 nights as its my boyfriends 40th birthday. I was thinking about extending the trip (working backwards so we finish in Rome) and perhaps flying into Venice (Milan otherwise) and then going to Florence & then Rome.
The following is what I have in mind.
2 days -Venice
(Catch train to Florence)
(Catch train to Rome)
(Fly back to the UK)
What are your thoughts, is this do-able?
Can anyone suggest any nice hotels in Venice & Florence? (3/4*)
Also, does anyone have an idea on where to go for a really romantic meal in Rome for the actual day of his birthday?
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 6 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 7 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 8 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 12 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Acropolis Athens
- 16 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 17 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 20 We're here!
- 21 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 22 Trip Ideas
- 23 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017