I have booked a 5* hotel in Rome for 3 nights as its my boyfriends 40th birthday. I was thinking about extending the trip (working backwards so we finish in Rome) and perhaps flying into Venice (Milan otherwise) and then going to Florence & then Rome.
The following is what I have in mind.
2 days -Venice
(Catch train to Florence)
(Catch train to Rome)
(Fly back to the UK)
What are your thoughts, is this do-able?
Can anyone suggest any nice hotels in Venice & Florence? (3/4*)
Also, does anyone have an idea on where to go for a really romantic meal in Rome for the actual day of his birthday?
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 2 First visit to London
- 3 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 4 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 5 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 6 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 7 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 8 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 10 Help me make this possible!
- 11 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 12 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 13 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 14 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 17 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 18 London is it worth it?
- 19 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 20 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 21 Paris and Normandy
- 22 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 23 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 24 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 25 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris