I'll be in Europe late July early August for 10 - 14 days, some of which I'll be spending in Paris. I know August is not a great time to spend in Italy. I don't, unfortunately, have other travel date options. Is there any way to blunt the impact of the heat and crowds, such as hotels that will keep me away from most of the crowds, best times to see the Uffizi/Accademia/Sistine Chapel? I'm an early morning person and am happy to be up at, even before, dawn, if that helps.
I can navigate Paris well, but I'm not very experienced when it comes to Italy.
Any advice, suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 2 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 3 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 4 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Itinerary help...
- 7 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 8 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 9 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 10 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 11 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 12 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 13 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 14 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 15 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 16 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 17 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 18 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 A week in Paris
- 21 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 22 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 2 week itinery
- 25 Is it still fun to visit Paris?