I'll be in Europe late July early August for 10 - 14 days, some of which I'll be spending in Paris. I know August is not a great time to spend in Italy. I don't, unfortunately, have other travel date options. Is there any way to blunt the impact of the heat and crowds, such as hotels that will keep me away from most of the crowds, best times to see the Uffizi/Accademia/Sistine Chapel? I'm an early morning person and am happy to be up at, even before, dawn, if that helps.
I can navigate Paris well, but I'm not very experienced when it comes to Italy.
Any advice, suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 2 French theater in Paris
- 3 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 4 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 5 Lyon
- 6 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 9 Germany family road trip help!
- 10 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 11 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 12 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 13 Barcelona
- 14 France, UK and Ireland
- 15 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 16 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 17 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Italian lakes
- 20 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 21 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 22 What do after Bernia Express?
- 23 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth