I'll be in Europe late July early August for 10 - 14 days, some of which I'll be spending in Paris. I know August is not a great time to spend in Italy. I don't, unfortunately, have other travel date options. Is there any way to blunt the impact of the heat and crowds, such as hotels that will keep me away from most of the crowds, best times to see the Uffizi/Accademia/Sistine Chapel? I'm an early morning person and am happy to be up at, even before, dawn, if that helps.
I can navigate Paris well, but I'm not very experienced when it comes to Italy.
Any advice, suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 2 One week in Europe
- 3 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 4 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 5 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Munich itinerary review
- 8 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 9 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 10 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 11 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 12 Switzerland in September
- 13 Where to eat in Rome?
- 14 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 17 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 18 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 19 AMS Car Rental
- 20 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 London Theater
- 23 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 24 Europe itinerary questions
- 25 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?