We have five full days in Italy- air tickets in and out of Rome and cannot be changed.
We're thiking of spending two days in Rome, then we're not sure about the three other days. Should we spend a day in Florence, take the train to Venice and spend the night there, then spend the last night in Bologna?
Or should we use Florence as a base for three nights, then take day trips to Venice, Bologna, and possibly Siena?
Would you save Venice for a nother trip to Northern Italy as it is a little out of the way?
Our flight out of Rome leaves at 15:50 on day number 6. So I think we can actually take the train back to Rome in the morning of our flight out of Rome from either Florence or Bologna.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 3 What to do at 7:00am
- 4 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 5 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 6 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 7 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 8 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 9 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 10 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 11 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 12 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 13 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 14 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 15 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 16 Planning a European Trip
- 17 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 20 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 21 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 22 Italian lakes
- 23 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
Venice/Bologna as day trips from Florence or should we stay there?