We have five full days in Italy- air tickets in and out of Rome and cannot be changed.
We're thiking of spending two days in Rome, then we're not sure about the three other days. Should we spend a day in Florence, take the train to Venice and spend the night there, then spend the last night in Bologna?
Or should we use Florence as a base for three nights, then take day trips to Venice, Bologna, and possibly Siena?
Would you save Venice for a nother trip to Northern Italy as it is a little out of the way?
Our flight out of Rome leaves at 15:50 on day number 6. So I think we can actually take the train back to Rome in the morning of our flight out of Rome from either Florence or Bologna.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 2 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 3 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 4 A week in Croatia with kids
- 5 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 10 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
Venice/Bologna as day trips from Florence or should we stay there?