We have five full days in Italy- air tickets in and out of Rome and cannot be changed.
We're thiking of spending two days in Rome, then we're not sure about the three other days. Should we spend a day in Florence, take the train to Venice and spend the night there, then spend the last night in Bologna?
Or should we use Florence as a base for three nights, then take day trips to Venice, Bologna, and possibly Siena?
Would you save Venice for a nother trip to Northern Italy as it is a little out of the way?
Our flight out of Rome leaves at 15:50 on day number 6. So I think we can actually take the train back to Rome in the morning of our flight out of Rome from either Florence or Bologna.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SE ITALY
- 2 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 3 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 4 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 5 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 6 Helpful Hint
- 7 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 8 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 9 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 10 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 11 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 12 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 13 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 16 Croatia short sail trip
- 17 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 18 6 Days in Italy
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Stu Tower
- 21 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 22 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 23 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 24 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each
Venice/Bologna as day trips from Florence or should we stay there?