My friend and I are travelling to Italy - first time for me - in the first week of Oct. A 12 day trip. We are flying into Milan, planning to train to Venice for 4 nights, - rent an apt? - then train to Florence, pick up a car and at this point probably travel to Ameglia to a small villa rental we found so that we can use that as a base between Tuscany and CT, for 5 nights, then drop the car maybe in La Spezia and train to Milan for the last night before we fly out at 10 the next morning. Would recommend any thoughts or recommendations. Up for the Venice experience, sadly not going to spend time in Florence this time as my friend was there for a good stay before; in Tuscany, looking to see Lucca, and start researching a nice path through the area for a day trip or two...CT and also portofino...hoping to hire or go by boat to the villages. Won't be doing much hiking as my friend just had surgery on knee. She'll be in good shape, but probably not for any lengthy hikes or walks.
Thanks for any thoughts, the biggest adventure will probably me packing only in a carry-on, but I'm determined.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 2 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 3 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 4 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 5 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 9 Murren to Prague
- 10 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 11 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 12 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 13 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 14 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 17 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 18 Le Marche Research Help
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Need Information about French Alps
- 21 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 22 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 23 France Itinerary Advice
- 24 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 25 lurento sports car rental - anyone?