My friend and I are travelling to Italy - first time for me - in the first week of Oct. A 12 day trip. We are flying into Milan, planning to train to Venice for 4 nights, - rent an apt? - then train to Florence, pick up a car and at this point probably travel to Ameglia to a small villa rental we found so that we can use that as a base between Tuscany and CT, for 5 nights, then drop the car maybe in La Spezia and train to Milan for the last night before we fly out at 10 the next morning. Would recommend any thoughts or recommendations. Up for the Venice experience, sadly not going to spend time in Florence this time as my friend was there for a good stay before; in Tuscany, looking to see Lucca, and start researching a nice path through the area for a day trip or two...CT and also portofino...hoping to hire or go by boat to the villages. Won't be doing much hiking as my friend just had surgery on knee. She'll be in good shape, but probably not for any lengthy hikes or walks.
Thanks for any thoughts, the biggest adventure will probably me packing only in a carry-on, but I'm determined.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 2 Santorini lodging
- 3 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 4 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 5 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 6 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 7 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 8 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 info Faro & Algarve
- 11 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 12 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 13 Nafplio to Hydra
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 20 May get together in Paris
- 21 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 22 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 25 Italian Honeymoon Advice