I am planning a 15 day (13 day really- fly out of pittsburgh friday and arrive saturday and return the second saturday). So far from my research I am most interested in Venice, Tuscany, and Amalfi Coast. I know Amalfi Coast is sort of out of the way from Venice and Tuscany area and am wondering if its doable/worth it. Ive seen many posts on Cinque Terre but honestly i just cant get over the Amalfi reviews and pictures and possible day trips (Capri!Pompeii!) I am honestly most interested in Tuscany and Amalfi and would only like to spend a few days in Venice as I know it is rather pricey. Below are what Im looking for:
Budget: $12,000 total for 2
Travel time: Early September 2016
Flying: Thinking of flying into Venice and out of Naples (suggestions??)
Vibe: Venice- sightseeing and gondola rides (any other suggestions??)
Tuscany- Relaxed country close to surrounding medieval towns. Plan on having a car for this portion. Good wineries nearby. Im thinking maybe Chianti B&B or private villa? I would like to relax, drink wine, horseback ride, visit medieval towns
Amalfi Coast- beach, cocktails, day trips to nearby attractions and towns
My questions are:
Is it possible? Would you even recommend?
Is there possibly a beautiful beach to visit in northern italy other than cinque terre (cinque terre just doesnt sound like what we are looking for- sounds like a big hiking town with no sandy beaches or one review said "no one knows how to make a cocktail") it just seems everyone likes Amalfi better than Cinque. Obviously, i understand better sandy beaches can be found in the caribbean but we can go there any time. We are looking for beach to swim at, with good food, and a good time!
If my line up would work- any suggestions on travel between? Places to stay at? Any regions in tuscany youl recommend?
Thanks for any help! I wish I had longer so I could see more
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Azores
- 6 Short Trip in July
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 9 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 10 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 13 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 14 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 15 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 16 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Sim Card Options
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 38 Days in Paris
- 22 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 23 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Day trip ideas