I am planning a 15 day (13 day really- fly out of pittsburgh friday and arrive saturday and return the second saturday). So far from my research I am most interested in Venice, Tuscany, and Amalfi Coast. I know Amalfi Coast is sort of out of the way from Venice and Tuscany area and am wondering if its doable/worth it. Ive seen many posts on Cinque Terre but honestly i just cant get over the Amalfi reviews and pictures and possible day trips (Capri!Pompeii!) I am honestly most interested in Tuscany and Amalfi and would only like to spend a few days in Venice as I know it is rather pricey. Below are what Im looking for:
Budget: $12,000 total for 2
Travel time: Early September 2016
Flying: Thinking of flying into Venice and out of Naples (suggestions??)
Vibe: Venice- sightseeing and gondola rides (any other suggestions??)
Tuscany- Relaxed country close to surrounding medieval towns. Plan on having a car for this portion. Good wineries nearby. Im thinking maybe Chianti B&B or private villa? I would like to relax, drink wine, horseback ride, visit medieval towns
Amalfi Coast- beach, cocktails, day trips to nearby attractions and towns
My questions are:
Is it possible? Would you even recommend?
Is there possibly a beautiful beach to visit in northern italy other than cinque terre (cinque terre just doesnt sound like what we are looking for- sounds like a big hiking town with no sandy beaches or one review said "no one knows how to make a cocktail") it just seems everyone likes Amalfi better than Cinque. Obviously, i understand better sandy beaches can be found in the caribbean but we can go there any time. We are looking for beach to swim at, with good food, and a good time!
If my line up would work- any suggestions on travel between? Places to stay at? Any regions in tuscany youl recommend?
Thanks for any help! I wish I had longer so I could see more
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 3 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 4 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 5 Coastal Denmark
- 6 Christian Cafe Dating
- 7 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 8 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 13 Iceland
- 14 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 15 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 18 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 19 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 23 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 24 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 25 train from Bucharest to Brasov