I am planning a 15 day (13 day really- fly out of pittsburgh friday and arrive saturday and return the second saturday). So far from my research I am most interested in Venice, Tuscany, and Amalfi Coast. I know Amalfi Coast is sort of out of the way from Venice and Tuscany area and am wondering if its doable/worth it. Ive seen many posts on Cinque Terre but honestly i just cant get over the Amalfi reviews and pictures and possible day trips (Capri!Pompeii!) I am honestly most interested in Tuscany and Amalfi and would only like to spend a few days in Venice as I know it is rather pricey. Below are what Im looking for:
Budget: $12,000 total for 2
Travel time: Early September 2016
Flying: Thinking of flying into Venice and out of Naples (suggestions??)
Vibe: Venice- sightseeing and gondola rides (any other suggestions??)
Tuscany- Relaxed country close to surrounding medieval towns. Plan on having a car for this portion. Good wineries nearby. Im thinking maybe Chianti B&B or private villa? I would like to relax, drink wine, horseback ride, visit medieval towns
Amalfi Coast- beach, cocktails, day trips to nearby attractions and towns
My questions are:
Is it possible? Would you even recommend?
Is there possibly a beautiful beach to visit in northern italy other than cinque terre (cinque terre just doesnt sound like what we are looking for- sounds like a big hiking town with no sandy beaches or one review said "no one knows how to make a cocktail") it just seems everyone likes Amalfi better than Cinque. Obviously, i understand better sandy beaches can be found in the caribbean but we can go there any time. We are looking for beach to swim at, with good food, and a good time!
If my line up would work- any suggestions on travel between? Places to stay at? Any regions in tuscany youl recommend?
Thanks for any help! I wish I had longer so I could see more
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 3 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Zurich to Milan trip
- 6 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 7 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 8 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 13 San Sebastián
- 14 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 18 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 19 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 20 Planning A trip
- 21 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 22 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 23 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 24 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 25 Castle Stays in Wales