I am planning a 15 day (13 day really- fly out of pittsburgh friday and arrive saturday and return the second saturday). So far from my research I am most interested in Venice, Tuscany, and Amalfi Coast. I know Amalfi Coast is sort of out of the way from Venice and Tuscany area and am wondering if its doable/worth it. Ive seen many posts on Cinque Terre but honestly i just cant get over the Amalfi reviews and pictures and possible day trips (Capri!Pompeii!) I am honestly most interested in Tuscany and Amalfi and would only like to spend a few days in Venice as I know it is rather pricey. Below are what Im looking for:
Budget: $12,000 total for 2
Travel time: Early September 2016
Flying: Thinking of flying into Venice and out of Naples (suggestions??)
Vibe: Venice- sightseeing and gondola rides (any other suggestions??)
Tuscany- Relaxed country close to surrounding medieval towns. Plan on having a car for this portion. Good wineries nearby. Im thinking maybe Chianti B&B or private villa? I would like to relax, drink wine, horseback ride, visit medieval towns
Amalfi Coast- beach, cocktails, day trips to nearby attractions and towns
My questions are:
Is it possible? Would you even recommend?
Is there possibly a beautiful beach to visit in northern italy other than cinque terre (cinque terre just doesnt sound like what we are looking for- sounds like a big hiking town with no sandy beaches or one review said "no one knows how to make a cocktail") it just seems everyone likes Amalfi better than Cinque. Obviously, i understand better sandy beaches can be found in the caribbean but we can go there any time. We are looking for beach to swim at, with good food, and a good time!
If my line up would work- any suggestions on travel between? Places to stay at? Any regions in tuscany youl recommend?
Thanks for any help! I wish I had longer so I could see more
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 2 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 3 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 4 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 French language immersion schools in France
- 7 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 8 Studying art in English in venice
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 13 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 14 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 17 Trogir or Split
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 Edinbrugh
- 20 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?