We're planning a nine-day October visit starting and ending in Venice. We'd begin with three days in Venice, then head into Slovenia and then perhaps Istria. We will have a car and are willing to go off the beaten path, but prefer drives of no more than three hours at a time. With that said, we'd appreciate suggestions of places to stop and what to see along the way. Been to Venice before, so that part's easy. The question is what's next. We're thinking in terms of two other bases and need ideas as to which they should be. The return to Venice is to simplify air arrangements and avoid a stiff dropoff charge for the car.
Venice to Slovenia and then?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 2 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 3 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 4 Split to Venice. Help!
- 5 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 6 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 7 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 8 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 9 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 10 Monet's Giverny
- 11 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 12 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 13 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 14 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 15 Transportation in Paris
- 16 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 17 Urgent Need of Advice
- 18 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 19 French rental car advice needed
- 20 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 21 Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey
- 22 Vineyard visit from Paris (day trip): Burgundy vs Lorie Valley
- 23 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 24 Macarons!
- 25 Arc de Triomphe Elevator