We're planning a nine-day October visit starting and ending in Venice. We'd begin with three days in Venice, then head into Slovenia and then perhaps Istria. We will have a car and are willing to go off the beaten path, but prefer drives of no more than three hours at a time. With that said, we'd appreciate suggestions of places to stop and what to see along the way. Been to Venice before, so that part's easy. The question is what's next. We're thinking in terms of two other bases and need ideas as to which they should be. The return to Venice is to simplify air arrangements and avoid a stiff dropoff charge for the car.
Venice to Slovenia and then?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 3 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 4 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 5 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 6 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 7 Internet or travel agent?
- 8 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 9 Paris and where else?
- 10 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 11 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 12 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 13 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 14 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 15 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 16 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 17 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 18 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 19 Christmas windows in Paris
- 20 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 21 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 22 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 23 Autumn in Paris
- 24 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 25 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid