We're planning a nine-day October visit starting and ending in Venice. We'd begin with three days in Venice, then head into Slovenia and then perhaps Istria. We will have a car and are willing to go off the beaten path, but prefer drives of no more than three hours at a time. With that said, we'd appreciate suggestions of places to stop and what to see along the way. Been to Venice before, so that part's easy. The question is what's next. We're thinking in terms of two other bases and need ideas as to which they should be. The return to Venice is to simplify air arrangements and avoid a stiff dropoff charge for the car.
Venice to Slovenia and then?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 2 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 3 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 4 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 5 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 6 Is my plan ok
- 7 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 5 Observations About Paris
- 10 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 11 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 12 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 13 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 14 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 15 Southern Spain
- 16 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 17 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 20 Scotland November 2015
- 21 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 22 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 23 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 24 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 25 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne