My wife and I are leaving for Rome September 19. We're staying 5 nights then leaving on a cruise ending in Venice at the Hotel Danieli for 2 nights checking out on the 4th. We have a flight home out of Nice on the 13th. I'd like to rent a car and see northern Italy. We both enjoy good food, wine and people watching. Love the beaches and small villages. We are platinum starwood members and are considering ending our stay at the La Meridien Beach Plaza hotel. What would you recommend for the time between Oct.4th and the 13th? We have been to CT and Venice on a road trip and made our way up through Austria, Germany and France. Perhaps Tuscany? Major hotels or smaller such as Rick Steves recommends?
venice to nice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia
- 2 Your favourite places in Bath
- 3 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 4 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 5 Is this the right way<>?
- 6 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 7 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 8 Rome Areas to stay
- 9 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 10 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 11 Rental car scams in Italy
- 12 Italy - Month of July
- 13 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 14 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 15 Autumn in Paris
- 16 Europe Tour with Kids
- 17 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 18 St Germain
- 19 22 days or DIY tour
- 20 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 21 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 22 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 23 England & Scotland in April
- 24 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 25 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary