We would like to spend 4 or 5 nights convenient to Venice to take in the art galleries, churches mainly. We have been here twice before so have done the tourist stuff. It would be nice, obviously if we could be in Venice itself (a lot seems to be booked up already!); we did stay in Stra on the River Brenta basically half way between Venice and Padua previously about 6 years ago and that was relatively convenient to take a local bus into Venice; Mestre is a possibility - any other suggestions ?
We do like a nice hotel room but with the pound down with brexit we have to watch our pennies!! Max Spend preferably would be about £100, almost parity with the Euro these days!
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 2 Help with Ireland Trip
- 3 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 4 Cappadocia in June
- 5 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 6 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 7 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 Ibiiza Spain
- 10 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 11 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 12 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 13 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 14 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 15 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 16 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 17 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 18 3 nights in Madrid
- 19 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 20 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 21 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 22 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 25 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.