We would like to spend 4 or 5 nights convenient to Venice to take in the art galleries, churches mainly. We have been here twice before so have done the tourist stuff. It would be nice, obviously if we could be in Venice itself (a lot seems to be booked up already!); we did stay in Stra on the River Brenta basically half way between Venice and Padua previously about 6 years ago and that was relatively convenient to take a local bus into Venice; Mestre is a possibility - any other suggestions ?
We do like a nice hotel room but with the pound down with brexit we have to watch our pennies!! Max Spend preferably would be about £100, almost parity with the Euro these days!
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 Help please
- 5 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 10 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 11 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 12 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 13 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 14 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 15 Rome to venice
- 16 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 17 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 18 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 19 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Areas in Milan
- 22 Melia Colbert Paris
- 23 Perugia
- 24 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 25 Frustrated about Smolensk
Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.