We would like to spend 4 or 5 nights convenient to Venice to take in the art galleries, churches mainly. We have been here twice before so have done the tourist stuff. It would be nice, obviously if we could be in Venice itself (a lot seems to be booked up already!); we did stay in Stra on the River Brenta basically half way between Venice and Padua previously about 6 years ago and that was relatively convenient to take a local bus into Venice; Mestre is a possibility - any other suggestions ?
We do like a nice hotel room but with the pound down with brexit we have to watch our pennies!! Max Spend preferably would be about £100, almost parity with the Euro these days!
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Italy
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 Paris in August
- 5 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 6 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 7 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 8 Rome Water Shortage
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Getting around London
- 11 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 12 The DCC scam is spreading
- 13 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Train travel to and from Paris
- 16 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 17 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Christmas in Spain
- 20 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 21 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 22 Vigo Spain????
- 23 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 24 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.