We would like to spend 4 or 5 nights convenient to Venice to take in the art galleries, churches mainly. We have been here twice before so have done the tourist stuff. It would be nice, obviously if we could be in Venice itself (a lot seems to be booked up already!); we did stay in Stra on the River Brenta basically half way between Venice and Padua previously about 6 years ago and that was relatively convenient to take a local bus into Venice; Mestre is a possibility - any other suggestions ?
We do like a nice hotel room but with the pound down with brexit we have to watch our pennies!! Max Spend preferably would be about £100, almost parity with the Euro these days!
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin Leap Card
- 2 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 3 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 4 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 5 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 6 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 7 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 9 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 10 FERRY : ISCHIA to CAPRI (and ISCHIA-SORRENTO)
- 11 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 14 mountain views near London
- 15 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 16 Morocco to Spain Border Crossing
- 17 2 weeks Europe trip
- 18 Piedmont as a destination
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 20 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 23 vegetarian in spain
- 24 Garda Land
- 25 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.