We would like to spend 4 or 5 nights convenient to Venice to take in the art galleries, churches mainly. We have been here twice before so have done the tourist stuff. It would be nice, obviously if we could be in Venice itself (a lot seems to be booked up already!); we did stay in Stra on the River Brenta basically half way between Venice and Padua previously about 6 years ago and that was relatively convenient to take a local bus into Venice; Mestre is a possibility - any other suggestions ?
We do like a nice hotel room but with the pound down with brexit we have to watch our pennies!! Max Spend preferably would be about £100, almost parity with the Euro these days!
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday
Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.