We are a couple in our thirties going to Lake Como & Venice for 8 days in late Sept/early Oct. (with no kids so we're reallllly excited).
Wondering how crazy I should get researching restaurants? Is it best to plan out where to go beforehand or does it make sense to just take advice from hotel concierge night to night? We like somewhat upscale places (although it seems Venice is particularly expensive!) and of course don't want it to be totally 100% geared towards tourists. Without the kids we are looking for romance and relaxing meals where we can actually enjoy ourselves instead of wiping sticky hands and shushing babies! Suggestions?
Advice would be appreciated!
Venice Restaurants - plan ahead or concierge?
- 1 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 2 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 3 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 4 Gothenburg or Aarhus?
- 5 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 6 Lucerne where to stay
- 7 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 8 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 9 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 10 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 11 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 12 I Need To Vent!
- 13 France: CDG to Beaune
- 14 Athens licensed tour guide
- 15 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 16 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 17 Transportation from Landshut to Munich Airport?
- 18 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 19 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 20 Visit to Russia - Money
- 21 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 22 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 23 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare
- 24 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 25 Romania Apartment List