Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 2 Places to visit from Zurich
- 3 Loire Valley restaurants
- 4 Rome Water Shortage
- 5 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 6 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 7 Justairports.com or Heathrow Express?
- 8 Appenzell in December?
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 13 The DCC scam is spreading
- 14 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 15 Day Trips from Granada
- 16 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 Christmas in Spain
- 19 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 20 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 23 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 24 Moldova and Transnistria
- 25 Getting around London