Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 4 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Portugal with large family
- 8 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 9 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 10 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 11 Croatia
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 14 Croatia trip Planning
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 19 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Tour groups
- 23 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 24 Ireland in April
- 25 Life on the Farm Draws Some French