Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Venice on the cheap
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 2 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 3 Moving to Belfast
- 4 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 5 Luggage sizing
- 6 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 7 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 8 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 9 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 10 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 11 Christmas in Munich
- 12 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 13 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 14 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 15 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 16 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 17 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 18 Eleanor's Pages
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 21 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 22 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 23 Where to rent a car in Barcelona
- 24 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 25 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car