Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 2 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 3 French lavender and cottages
- 4 One quick week -- where in France?
- 5 MiFi in Italy
- 6 Major quake in central Itay
- 7 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 8 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 9 Girona and Besalau
- 10 3 days with a Swindon base
- 11 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 12 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 13 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 14 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 15 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 16 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 17 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 18 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 19 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 20 Brugge or Ghent?
- 21 Portugal First Timers, 3 Q's
- 22 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 23 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 24 Budapest on a budget
- 25 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)