Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Venice on the cheap
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 3 21 Days in Central Europe
- 4 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 5 London visit
- 6 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 7 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 8 My itinerary for Greece
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 11 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 12 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 13 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 14 London 2nd time around
- 15 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 16 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 17 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 18 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 19 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 20 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 21 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 22 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 23 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 24 Budget for 3 Month's
- 25 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online