Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 2 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 5 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 6 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 7 We're here!
- 8 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 9 driving from ancona to rome
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 12 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 15 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 16 Car Hire in Croatia, any recommendations?
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Itinerary Help - ?Prague, Austria, Italy
- 19 Budapest & Prague
- 20 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 21 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 22 Swiss Travel Pass
- 23 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 24 Athens
- 25 Please critique my itinerary in Italy