Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Venice on the cheap
- 1 London for Christmas
- 2 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 6 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 7 first european holiday itinery
- 8 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 9 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 10 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 Car in Prague
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 21 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Travel by train or bus
- 24 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 25 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland