Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Venice on the cheap
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 2 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 3 British English
- 4 Spending money in Italy?
- 5 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 6 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 7 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 8 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 9 Trip to Pyrenees
- 10 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 11 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 12 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 13 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 14 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 15 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 16 Brugge photo on Bing
- 17 Questions about the Chateau de Vincennes
- 18 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 19 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 20 LowCountryIslander & Mom Go Back to Italy...A Bologna & Rome Trip Report
- 21 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 22 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 23 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 24 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 25 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice