Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 2 Final Itinerary help
- 3 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 4 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 5 Rhodes and then where in Greece?
- 6 Where to buy Saffron?
- 7 Paris in the Heat - Packing
- 8 my current itinerary for future trip
- 9 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 10 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 11 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 12 A road trip to Florence
- 13 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 14 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 15 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 16 Help on September Trip to Spain
- 17 vegetarian friendly and kids friendly restaurents in venice and rome
- 18 Amsterdam Internet cafe to print boarding pass
- 19 wandering in venice
- 20 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 21 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 22 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 23 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 24 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 25 Switzerland 5 days