Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Venice on the cheap
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 2 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 3 Hotel in Venice
- 4 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 5 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 6 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 7 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 8 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 11 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 12 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 13 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 14 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 15 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 16 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 17 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 18 Day trip from London to Paris
- 19 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 20 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 23 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 24 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 25 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland