Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Venice on the cheap
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 2 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 3 So much to do, so little time!
- 4 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 5 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 6 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 7 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 8 the best of italy?
- 9 Hotel for last night in Rome
- 10 Spain Night Train in Recliner
- 11 Itinerary for Geneva-6 days
- 12 Cordoba, Sevilla and Granada
- 13 Rome to Sperlong Day Trip?
- 14 Florence Hotel Advice
- 15 Scandinavian honeymoon
- 16 Is 5000 miles realistic in 14-16 days?
- 17 Tickets for premier league and England games
- 18 Best data sim
- 19 paris arrondissements - where to stay
- 20 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 21 The Gorges of Kakuetta
- 22 Malaga – Enjoying a Spanish vibe on the Costa del Sol
- 23 London Soccer tickets-Boxing Day & Dec 28 how difficult to get??
- 24 Getting from Zagreb to Vienna to Cesky Krumlov to Prague, etc.
- 25 Meteora Monasteries: visit sequence suggestions?