Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 4 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 5 Athens Help
- 6 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 17 Alitala
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 celticmoon, a quick question
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 What fresh hell is this?
- 22 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 23 Which Train Station in Venice
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Greek Village