Does anyone have any money saving tips for living in Venice for 1 - 2 weeks? Mum and I are doing a home exchange trip to Europe from NZ so have our accom sorted (Cannaregio, near Rialto Bridge) but still trying to keep to a budget. Everyone keeps telling me that Venice is ridiculously expensive and that we will want to leave after 3 days but I am keen to stay longer.
Does anyone have cheap restaurants that they can recommend? We will have a kitchen so would it be better to do a big shop once a week from the mainland for food? Are there good fresh markets that we can visit? Don't mind too much about spending money to see museums etc, mainly just trying to keep the cost of living down
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 Codeine without a Rx?
- 3 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 4 Berlin, Nice and London
- 5 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 6 Venice
- 7 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 8 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 9 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 10 charming cities in Spain
- 11 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 12 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 13 Day in Madrid
- 14 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 15 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 16 Le Marche Research Help
- 17 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 18 Rental car in Menton
- 19 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 20 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy
- 21 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 22 7 days in Greece
- 23 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 24 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 25 Itinerary Help for Portugal