Well just over eight weeks until we set off on a 32 day trip around Europe. It's starting to sink in that I haven't done as much research as I had hoped for at this stage. Any advice is so greatly appreciated!!
We are a couple in our early 20's. Not overly interested in art. Wanting to experience the culture and soak up the atmosphere. Any recommendations of things to add to the itinerary is great!
We are staying in an apartment near the Rialto (150m on west side of bridge). We will have 2 x suitcases and backpack/hand bag.
Thursday – 19 September
-Arrive on train at 2:35PM from Rome
-Catch vaporetti line 2 to Rialto and meet host to take to apartment. *How do you tell the direction of vaporetti you are getting on is correct?
-Explore local area to try and find our bearings (e.g. get lost) and walk to St Marks
Friday – 20 September
-See where the day takes us, do some exploring
-Catch Vaporetti to San Giorgio and go to the top of the San Giorgio Maggiore Campanile – (3E each) *What Vaporetti line takes you here?
Saturday – 21 September
-9:30AM Walks of Italy ‘Legendary Venice - St. Mark's Basilica & the Doge's Palace’ (59E each) (3 hours)
-Gondola ride *I have heard it is best to negotiate on the day and 80E is reasonable? Will they take you on the best route or they all differ?
Sunday – 22 September
-Check out Burano and Murano. *What would be the best way to get there from Rialto? Only maps I can find look confusing.
-Heliair Venice – Taste of Venice tour (75E each) (6min) *No booking details on website, trying to contact but email keeps rejecting.
Monday – 23 September
-Catch water taxi to Marco Polo for flight to Berlin at 9:10AM. *Thinking 6:00am pick up, this will allow extra time for check in? How do I book a water taxi? As we are staying in an apartment we won’t have hotel reception to assist us.
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 sbcglobal Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 sbcglobal Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Venice/Mestre
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 10 Pay attention to your watches !
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 13 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 14 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 15 Iceland early december visit
- 16 Zurich to Milan trip
- 17 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 18 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 19 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 20 Italy Car Scam
- 21 Quizz !
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 24 car insurance italy
- 25 Christmas Day in Granada