Well just over eight weeks until we set off on a 32 day trip around Europe. It's starting to sink in that I haven't done as much research as I had hoped for at this stage. Any advice is so greatly appreciated!!
We are a couple in our early 20's. Not overly interested in art. Wanting to experience the culture and soak up the atmosphere. Any recommendations of things to add to the itinerary is great!
We are staying in an apartment near the Rialto (150m on west side of bridge). We will have 2 x suitcases and backpack/hand bag.
Thursday – 19 September
-Arrive on train at 2:35PM from Rome
-Catch vaporetti line 2 to Rialto and meet host to take to apartment. *How do you tell the direction of vaporetti you are getting on is correct?
-Explore local area to try and find our bearings (e.g. get lost) and walk to St Marks
Friday – 20 September
-See where the day takes us, do some exploring
-Catch Vaporetti to San Giorgio and go to the top of the San Giorgio Maggiore Campanile – (3E each) *What Vaporetti line takes you here?
Saturday – 21 September
-9:30AM Walks of Italy ‘Legendary Venice - St. Mark's Basilica & the Doge's Palace’ (59E each) (3 hours)
-Gondola ride *I have heard it is best to negotiate on the day and 80E is reasonable? Will they take you on the best route or they all differ?
Sunday – 22 September
-Check out Burano and Murano. *What would be the best way to get there from Rialto? Only maps I can find look confusing.
-Heliair Venice – Taste of Venice tour (75E each) (6min) *No booking details on website, trying to contact but email keeps rejecting.
Monday – 23 September
-Catch water taxi to Marco Polo for flight to Berlin at 9:10AM. *Thinking 6:00am pick up, this will allow extra time for check in? How do I book a water taxi? As we are staying in an apartment we won’t have hotel reception to assist us.
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Championship
- 2 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 3 Amsterdam vs. France
- 4 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 5 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 6 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 7 Ireland ToDo
- 8 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 9 1 week in Malaga
- 10 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 11 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 12 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 13 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 14 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 15 Berlin / Cologne / Rothenburg / Neuschwanstein
- 16 Norway Itinerary
- 17 Two weeks in Athens and Cyclades
- 18 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 19 Amsterdam Hotel
- 20 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 21 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 22 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 23 italy in ll days and what to see
- 24 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 25 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??