Well just over eight weeks until we set off on a 32 day trip around Europe. It's starting to sink in that I haven't done as much research as I had hoped for at this stage. Any advice is so greatly appreciated!!
We are a couple in our early 20's. Not overly interested in art. Wanting to experience the culture and soak up the atmosphere. Any recommendations of things to add to the itinerary is great!
We are staying in an apartment near the Rialto (150m on west side of bridge). We will have 2 x suitcases and backpack/hand bag.
Thursday – 19 September
-Arrive on train at 2:35PM from Rome
-Catch vaporetti line 2 to Rialto and meet host to take to apartment. *How do you tell the direction of vaporetti you are getting on is correct?
-Explore local area to try and find our bearings (e.g. get lost) and walk to St Marks
Friday – 20 September
-See where the day takes us, do some exploring
-Catch Vaporetti to San Giorgio and go to the top of the San Giorgio Maggiore Campanile – (3E each) *What Vaporetti line takes you here?
Saturday – 21 September
-9:30AM Walks of Italy ‘Legendary Venice - St. Mark's Basilica & the Doge's Palace’ (59E each) (3 hours)
-Gondola ride *I have heard it is best to negotiate on the day and 80E is reasonable? Will they take you on the best route or they all differ?
Sunday – 22 September
-Check out Burano and Murano. *What would be the best way to get there from Rialto? Only maps I can find look confusing.
-Heliair Venice – Taste of Venice tour (75E each) (6min) *No booking details on website, trying to contact but email keeps rejecting.
Monday – 23 September
-Catch water taxi to Marco Polo for flight to Berlin at 9:10AM. *Thinking 6:00am pick up, this will allow extra time for check in? How do I book a water taxi? As we are staying in an apartment we won’t have hotel reception to assist us.
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 2 Car rental in Caen?
- 3 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 4 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 5 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 6 Lake Garda or Lake Lugano?
- 7 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 8 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 9 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 10 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 11 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 12 collecting tickets for early alhambra visit
- 13 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 14 France Grande Alpes Excursion
- 15 Switzerland in 8 days
- 16 Dusseldorf to Mainz (or somewhere in-between)
- 17 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 18 what to do with 2 nights!!
- 19 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 20 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 21 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 22 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 23 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 24 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 25 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK