Traveling to several European countries in 2016 and my husband and I along with my parents are looking to arrive just before the Regatta Storica. We arrive on Saturday the 3rd and leave Venice on the 6th to go to Marco Polo airport to fly to Krakow.
We were thinking of staying in the Hotel Canal Grande and requesting a canal facing room to watch the festival from. Because it's our first time to Europe I have the dream of taking a gondola ride, but wasn't sure if it would be a bad time with the festival in town? A lot of people have said you only need about 2-days to see the main highlights, was thinking on our 4th day of getting out of Venice and closer to the airport so we wouldn't have to worry about transportation and we could see another area - it may also help on cost since Venice is on the pricier side for us. Any tips on visiting Venice during the festival would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 2 Milan and Lake Como
- 3 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 4 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 5 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 6 One week in Europe
- 7 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 8 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 9 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 10 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 11 Munich itinerary review
- 12 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 Switzerland in September
- 15 Where to eat in Rome?
- 16 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 17 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 18 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 19 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 20 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 21 AMS Car Rental
- 22 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 23 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 24 London Theater
- 25 3 nights in the 10th Paris