Traveling to several European countries in 2016 and my husband and I along with my parents are looking to arrive just before the Regatta Storica. We arrive on Saturday the 3rd and leave Venice on the 6th to go to Marco Polo airport to fly to Krakow.
We were thinking of staying in the Hotel Canal Grande and requesting a canal facing room to watch the festival from. Because it's our first time to Europe I have the dream of taking a gondola ride, but wasn't sure if it would be a bad time with the festival in town? A lot of people have said you only need about 2-days to see the main highlights, was thinking on our 4th day of getting out of Venice and closer to the airport so we wouldn't have to worry about transportation and we could see another area - it may also help on cost since Venice is on the pricier side for us. Any tips on visiting Venice during the festival would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 We're here!
- 5 Europe itinerary questions
- 6 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 7 Amsterdam hotels
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 11 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 12 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 13 Brugge hotel help
- 14 Old European currency
- 15 Denmark or Sweden?
- 16 Five night Ireland Trip
- 17 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 London Hotels
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 1 month in Europe
- 25 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)