Traveling to several European countries in 2016 and my husband and I along with my parents are looking to arrive just before the Regatta Storica. We arrive on Saturday the 3rd and leave Venice on the 6th to go to Marco Polo airport to fly to Krakow.
We were thinking of staying in the Hotel Canal Grande and requesting a canal facing room to watch the festival from. Because it's our first time to Europe I have the dream of taking a gondola ride, but wasn't sure if it would be a bad time with the festival in town? A lot of people have said you only need about 2-days to see the main highlights, was thinking on our 4th day of getting out of Venice and closer to the airport so we wouldn't have to worry about transportation and we could see another area - it may also help on cost since Venice is on the pricier side for us. Any tips on visiting Venice during the festival would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 2 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 3 Visit to Engand
- 4 Help with basic itinerary
- 5 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 6 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 7 Final Four
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 10 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 11 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 12 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 13 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 14 Cornwall UK
- 15 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 16 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 17 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 18 Short Trip to Paris
- 19 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 20 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 21 Cinqueterre
- 22 Parking in Girona
- 23 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 24 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 25 SNCF - low price for summer