Traveling to several European countries in 2016 and my husband and I along with my parents are looking to arrive just before the Regatta Storica. We arrive on Saturday the 3rd and leave Venice on the 6th to go to Marco Polo airport to fly to Krakow.
We were thinking of staying in the Hotel Canal Grande and requesting a canal facing room to watch the festival from. Because it's our first time to Europe I have the dream of taking a gondola ride, but wasn't sure if it would be a bad time with the festival in town? A lot of people have said you only need about 2-days to see the main highlights, was thinking on our 4th day of getting out of Venice and closer to the airport so we wouldn't have to worry about transportation and we could see another area - it may also help on cost since Venice is on the pricier side for us. Any tips on visiting Venice during the festival would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 A Month stay in Southern France
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 5 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 6 If you had to choose one......
- 7 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 8 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 9 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 10 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 11 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 12 2017 Easter in Italy
- 13 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 14 Bernina Express mid-March
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 Ireland travel passport question
- 17 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 20 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 21 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 22 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 23 Biarritz family holiday
- 24 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)