Traveling to several European countries in 2016 and my husband and I along with my parents are looking to arrive just before the Regatta Storica. We arrive on Saturday the 3rd and leave Venice on the 6th to go to Marco Polo airport to fly to Krakow.
We were thinking of staying in the Hotel Canal Grande and requesting a canal facing room to watch the festival from. Because it's our first time to Europe I have the dream of taking a gondola ride, but wasn't sure if it would be a bad time with the festival in town? A lot of people have said you only need about 2-days to see the main highlights, was thinking on our 4th day of getting out of Venice and closer to the airport so we wouldn't have to worry about transportation and we could see another area - it may also help on cost since Venice is on the pricier side for us. Any tips on visiting Venice during the festival would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 3 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 4 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 5 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 6 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 7 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 8 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 9 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 10 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 11 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 12 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 13 Hiking in Switzerland
- 14 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 17 CASH OR CARD?
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 20 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 21 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 22 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 23 2 days in Lugano area
- 24 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 25 Need help planning trip after Paris