Hi Fellow Travelers,
We are going to be staying in Venice for 4 nights at the tail end of a longer trip to Tuscany. I would like to get opinions on staying inside the city center versus outside. Travel agent is recommending the hotel Hotel Plaza Venice Mestre at Viale Stazione, 36, 30171 Mestre, Venezia VE Italy. It's in front of the Venice Mestre railway station and supposed to be very easy and convenient to get to the city center. The hotel looks wonderful in pictures and the rate she is getting us is good. The travel agent said that you get much better deals in hotels and it doesn't really take much to take the taxi to the center. I am just wondering if we are going to miss out on anything if we stay outside of the city center versus in town?
Would love to hear what other travelers who have been to Venice think and recommend.
If its better to stay inside the city center, feel free to give us recommendations for hotels or apartments. We are traveling with another couple so we are 4 adults. Would prefer 2 rooms and 2 baths.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 2 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 3 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 6 Zadar or Sibenik
- 7 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 13 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 14 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 15 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 16 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 17 Use of Train Tickets
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 20 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 21 First Trip to Paris
- 22 Andalucia Spain
- 23 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 24 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 25 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
Hi Fellow Travelers,