Hi Fellow Travelers,
We are going to be staying in Venice for 4 nights at the tail end of a longer trip to Tuscany. I would like to get opinions on staying inside the city center versus outside. Travel agent is recommending the hotel Hotel Plaza Venice Mestre at Viale Stazione, 36, 30171 Mestre, Venezia VE Italy. It's in front of the Venice Mestre railway station and supposed to be very easy and convenient to get to the city center. The hotel looks wonderful in pictures and the rate she is getting us is good. The travel agent said that you get much better deals in hotels and it doesn't really take much to take the taxi to the center. I am just wondering if we are going to miss out on anything if we stay outside of the city center versus in town?
Would love to hear what other travelers who have been to Venice think and recommend.
If its better to stay inside the city center, feel free to give us recommendations for hotels or apartments. We are traveling with another couple so we are 4 adults. Would prefer 2 rooms and 2 baths.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 7 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 8 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Bordeaux to Nice
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Berlin
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 18 Germany or Sweden
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona
Hi Fellow Travelers,