Hi Fellow Travelers,
We are going to be staying in Venice for 4 nights at the tail end of a longer trip to Tuscany. I would like to get opinions on staying inside the city center versus outside. Travel agent is recommending the hotel Hotel Plaza Venice Mestre at Viale Stazione, 36, 30171 Mestre, Venezia VE Italy. It's in front of the Venice Mestre railway station and supposed to be very easy and convenient to get to the city center. The hotel looks wonderful in pictures and the rate she is getting us is good. The travel agent said that you get much better deals in hotels and it doesn't really take much to take the taxi to the center. I am just wondering if we are going to miss out on anything if we stay outside of the city center versus in town?
Would love to hear what other travelers who have been to Venice think and recommend.
If its better to stay inside the city center, feel free to give us recommendations for hotels or apartments. We are traveling with another couple so we are 4 adults. Would prefer 2 rooms and 2 baths.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 2 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 3 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 4 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 8 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 9 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 10 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Interesting places to visit
- 15 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 16 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Acropolis Athens
- 20 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 23 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 24 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 25 Trip Ideas
Hi Fellow Travelers,