We will be staying in Siena for 4 nights in August and will be taking some day trips before heading to Rome. While in Siena we will be staying at a hotel outside of town with a pool with my 2 teens. We anticipate spending some time in Siena and also taking 1 full day going to some Tuscan towns and possibly Pisa.
We are looking for another day trip and was wondering if it would be worth taking a 1 day trip to Venice instead of a day trip to Florence as the museums and art are not a high priority since we will also be in Rome. If we went, I feel we would definitely have to extend the day and stay over Venice for 1 night as just a day trip from Siena seems too rushed and too much travel in one day to make it feasible.
While in Venice we would be ok with just exploring the city and I don't feel we will need to see every major site since we would end up waiting in lines all day. Maybe just a boat ride and some exploring around the city and square. I've read mixed opinions about going for 1 day but I feel my teens would enjoy seeing Venice more than Florence as it is so different and I don't know when we would be getting back to Italy again. I would be willing to pay the extra night hotel even though we have the Siena hotel if it would be worth the trip. I did also consider staying in Venice the last night instead of Siena but I think it would be more difficult doing Venice in 1 day with all our luggage vs taking a backpack for the night. Would be interested in suggestions or thoughts on this idea. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 총판 토토 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 2 Now to Madrid
- 3 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 4 3 days solo in London
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Chania
- 7 Edinbrugh
- 8 Berlin to ?
- 9 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 10 Hotels in Turin
- 11 Help on ancient history route
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Studying art in English in venice
- 14 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 15 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 16 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 17 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 18 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 19 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 20 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 21 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 22 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 23 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 24 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 25 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?