We will be staying in Siena for 4 nights in August and will be taking some day trips before heading to Rome. While in Siena we will be staying at a hotel outside of town with a pool with my 2 teens. We anticipate spending some time in Siena and also taking 1 full day going to some Tuscan towns and possibly Pisa.
We are looking for another day trip and was wondering if it would be worth taking a 1 day trip to Venice instead of a day trip to Florence as the museums and art are not a high priority since we will also be in Rome. If we went, I feel we would definitely have to extend the day and stay over Venice for 1 night as just a day trip from Siena seems too rushed and too much travel in one day to make it feasible.
While in Venice we would be ok with just exploring the city and I don't feel we will need to see every major site since we would end up waiting in lines all day. Maybe just a boat ride and some exploring around the city and square. I've read mixed opinions about going for 1 day but I feel my teens would enjoy seeing Venice more than Florence as it is so different and I don't know when we would be getting back to Italy again. I would be willing to pay the extra night hotel even though we have the Siena hotel if it would be worth the trip. I did also consider staying in Venice the last night instead of Siena but I think it would be more difficult doing Venice in 1 day with all our luggage vs taking a backpack for the night. Would be interested in suggestions or thoughts on this idea. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Denmark or Sweden?
- 4 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 5 Trek through Eur
- 6 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 London Hotels
- 12 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Brugge hotel help