I have changed my itinerary a few times and I am hoping this is working out. Would love your feedback. Too much, or can I do more in the day? Would like time to eat peacefully and not run around too much. I greatly appreciate it!
March 24. Arrive Venice at 9:30am. Ride vaporetto #1 to accademia stop. Check into hotel. Go to St Mark's Basilica. Climb bell tower, visit Church of San Giorgio Maggiore. Walk around or take it slow today. Bed early.
March 25. Start at St Mark's Square. Booked a Secret Itinerary Tour at Doge's Palace, Correr Museum, Rialto Bridge, Rialto Market, Frair Church. It's my daughter's 15th birthday today. Want to do something special. Thought of evening Gondola Ride.
Can they sing Happy Birthday for her? Any suggestions as to how to save on this?
March 26- Galleria Del Accademia, explore Dorsoduro. Take the train to Florence which departs at 3:55pm. Check into hotel. Go to bed
March 27- Bargello, Duomo Museum, Church of Santa Maria Novella, Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vecchio, Oltrarno Walk and Dinner there.
Or is it better to start with the Uffizi Gallery?
March 28- Accademia, Medici Chapels, Baptistery, Climb the Campanile, Duomo, dinner near Piazza della Signoria
March 29- I was thinking of a tour Viator offers "Tuscany in One Day"- Siena, San Gimignano and Leaning Tower of Pisa
March 30- Take the Bus (or train?) to Assisi for the Day
March 31 (Easter)- 8:30am Train to Rome. Check into Hotel (Hotel Residenza in Farnese, Campo di Fiori), Borghese Gallery for 3pm entrance), Piazza del Popolo to Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. (would want to attend mass somewhere this day)
April 1- Walks of Italy has a tour of Colleseum, and Ancient Rome at 12:30pm. See San Marco, Piazza Navona and Pantheon. Should I do the tour at 8:30am instead? I am just afraid I will need some time to rest a little more in the morning by this day.
April 2- Would like to visit Castel Sant' Angelo. There is a tour from Walks of Italy of the Catacombs of Santa Priscilla, Capuchin Crypt and ends at church of St Clement. 2:15-5:45pm.
April 3- 3 hr Tour (Walks of Italy) of Appian Way at 9:20am includes Baths of Caracalla. Or I can go to Baths of Diocletian and National Museum of Rome. Would like to visit Appian Way regardless of tour or not.
April 4- I have the Scavi Tour scheduled at 11:30am. Would really like a tour of St Peter's, Sistine and Vatican M. I am debating either to take a 3.5 hour tour that starts at 8am, or take the Viator tour that starts at 2:30pm. Is it too close? I wish it wouldn't have been in the middle of the day. All day at Vatican.
April 5- Viator has a Tuscany One Day Tour from Rome of Montepulciano, Monteciano and Pienza.
April 6- Leave at noon back home.
THANK YOU ALL!
Venice, Florence Rome Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 2 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 3 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 4 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 5 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 6 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 7 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 8 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 9 Brugge photo on Bing
- 10 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 11 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 12 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 13 I went to Paris in June
- 14 Help with a small island in Greece
- 15 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 16 Cotswolds village base
- 17 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 18 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 19 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 20 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 21 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 22 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 25 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?