I have changed my itinerary a few times and I am hoping this is working out. Would love your feedback. Too much, or can I do more in the day? Would like time to eat peacefully and not run around too much. I greatly appreciate it!
March 24. Arrive Venice at 9:30am. Ride vaporetto #1 to accademia stop. Check into hotel. Go to St Mark's Basilica. Climb bell tower, visit Church of San Giorgio Maggiore. Walk around or take it slow today. Bed early.
March 25. Start at St Mark's Square. Booked a Secret Itinerary Tour at Doge's Palace, Correr Museum, Rialto Bridge, Rialto Market, Frair Church. It's my daughter's 15th birthday today. Want to do something special. Thought of evening Gondola Ride.
Can they sing Happy Birthday for her? Any suggestions as to how to save on this?
March 26- Galleria Del Accademia, explore Dorsoduro. Take the train to Florence which departs at 3:55pm. Check into hotel. Go to bed
March 27- Bargello, Duomo Museum, Church of Santa Maria Novella, Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vecchio, Oltrarno Walk and Dinner there.
Or is it better to start with the Uffizi Gallery?
March 28- Accademia, Medici Chapels, Baptistery, Climb the Campanile, Duomo, dinner near Piazza della Signoria
March 29- I was thinking of a tour Viator offers "Tuscany in One Day"- Siena, San Gimignano and Leaning Tower of Pisa
March 30- Take the Bus (or train?) to Assisi for the Day
March 31 (Easter)- 8:30am Train to Rome. Check into Hotel (Hotel Residenza in Farnese, Campo di Fiori), Borghese Gallery for 3pm entrance), Piazza del Popolo to Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. (would want to attend mass somewhere this day)
April 1- Walks of Italy has a tour of Colleseum, and Ancient Rome at 12:30pm. See San Marco, Piazza Navona and Pantheon. Should I do the tour at 8:30am instead? I am just afraid I will need some time to rest a little more in the morning by this day.
April 2- Would like to visit Castel Sant' Angelo. There is a tour from Walks of Italy of the Catacombs of Santa Priscilla, Capuchin Crypt and ends at church of St Clement. 2:15-5:45pm.
April 3- 3 hr Tour (Walks of Italy) of Appian Way at 9:20am includes Baths of Caracalla. Or I can go to Baths of Diocletian and National Museum of Rome. Would like to visit Appian Way regardless of tour or not.
April 4- I have the Scavi Tour scheduled at 11:30am. Would really like a tour of St Peter's, Sistine and Vatican M. I am debating either to take a 3.5 hour tour that starts at 8am, or take the Viator tour that starts at 2:30pm. Is it too close? I wish it wouldn't have been in the middle of the day. All day at Vatican.
April 5- Viator has a Tuscany One Day Tour from Rome of Montepulciano, Monteciano and Pienza.
April 6- Leave at noon back home.
THANK YOU ALL!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Things to do in Brussels
- 2 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 3 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 4 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 7 Short Trip in July
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 10 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 13 Naxos car rental
- 14 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 15 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 16 K-Day
- 17 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 18 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 19 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 20 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 21 Greek Islands (small)
- 22 Campervan in Croatia
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 25 Sim card/Amsterdam