I have changed my itinerary a few times and I am hoping this is working out. Would love your feedback. Too much, or can I do more in the day? Would like time to eat peacefully and not run around too much. I greatly appreciate it!
March 24. Arrive Venice at 9:30am. Ride vaporetto #1 to accademia stop. Check into hotel. Go to St Mark's Basilica. Climb bell tower, visit Church of San Giorgio Maggiore. Walk around or take it slow today. Bed early.
March 25. Start at St Mark's Square. Booked a Secret Itinerary Tour at Doge's Palace, Correr Museum, Rialto Bridge, Rialto Market, Frair Church. It's my daughter's 15th birthday today. Want to do something special. Thought of evening Gondola Ride.
Can they sing Happy Birthday for her? Any suggestions as to how to save on this?
March 26- Galleria Del Accademia, explore Dorsoduro. Take the train to Florence which departs at 3:55pm. Check into hotel. Go to bed
March 27- Bargello, Duomo Museum, Church of Santa Maria Novella, Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vecchio, Oltrarno Walk and Dinner there.
Or is it better to start with the Uffizi Gallery?
March 28- Accademia, Medici Chapels, Baptistery, Climb the Campanile, Duomo, dinner near Piazza della Signoria
March 29- I was thinking of a tour Viator offers "Tuscany in One Day"- Siena, San Gimignano and Leaning Tower of Pisa
March 30- Take the Bus (or train?) to Assisi for the Day
March 31 (Easter)- 8:30am Train to Rome. Check into Hotel (Hotel Residenza in Farnese, Campo di Fiori), Borghese Gallery for 3pm entrance), Piazza del Popolo to Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. (would want to attend mass somewhere this day)
April 1- Walks of Italy has a tour of Colleseum, and Ancient Rome at 12:30pm. See San Marco, Piazza Navona and Pantheon. Should I do the tour at 8:30am instead? I am just afraid I will need some time to rest a little more in the morning by this day.
April 2- Would like to visit Castel Sant' Angelo. There is a tour from Walks of Italy of the Catacombs of Santa Priscilla, Capuchin Crypt and ends at church of St Clement. 2:15-5:45pm.
April 3- 3 hr Tour (Walks of Italy) of Appian Way at 9:20am includes Baths of Caracalla. Or I can go to Baths of Diocletian and National Museum of Rome. Would like to visit Appian Way regardless of tour or not.
April 4- I have the Scavi Tour scheduled at 11:30am. Would really like a tour of St Peter's, Sistine and Vatican M. I am debating either to take a 3.5 hour tour that starts at 8am, or take the Viator tour that starts at 2:30pm. Is it too close? I wish it wouldn't have been in the middle of the day. All day at Vatican.
April 5- Viator has a Tuscany One Day Tour from Rome of Montepulciano, Monteciano and Pienza.
April 6- Leave at noon back home.
THANK YOU ALL!
Venice, Florence Rome Itinerary Help
- 1 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 4 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 5 Istanbul hotels
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 Chambermaid tipping
- 8 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 9 Albania for Beginners
- 10 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 15 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 21 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 24 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 25 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?