I have changed my itinerary a few times and I am hoping this is working out. Would love your feedback. Too much, or can I do more in the day? Would like time to eat peacefully and not run around too much. I greatly appreciate it!
March 24. Arrive Venice at 9:30am. Ride vaporetto #1 to accademia stop. Check into hotel. Go to St Mark's Basilica. Climb bell tower, visit Church of San Giorgio Maggiore. Walk around or take it slow today. Bed early.
March 25. Start at St Mark's Square. Booked a Secret Itinerary Tour at Doge's Palace, Correr Museum, Rialto Bridge, Rialto Market, Frair Church. It's my daughter's 15th birthday today. Want to do something special. Thought of evening Gondola Ride.
Can they sing Happy Birthday for her? Any suggestions as to how to save on this?
March 26- Galleria Del Accademia, explore Dorsoduro. Take the train to Florence which departs at 3:55pm. Check into hotel. Go to bed
March 27- Bargello, Duomo Museum, Church of Santa Maria Novella, Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vecchio, Oltrarno Walk and Dinner there.
Or is it better to start with the Uffizi Gallery?
March 28- Accademia, Medici Chapels, Baptistery, Climb the Campanile, Duomo, dinner near Piazza della Signoria
March 29- I was thinking of a tour Viator offers "Tuscany in One Day"- Siena, San Gimignano and Leaning Tower of Pisa
March 30- Take the Bus (or train?) to Assisi for the Day
March 31 (Easter)- 8:30am Train to Rome. Check into Hotel (Hotel Residenza in Farnese, Campo di Fiori), Borghese Gallery for 3pm entrance), Piazza del Popolo to Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. (would want to attend mass somewhere this day)
April 1- Walks of Italy has a tour of Colleseum, and Ancient Rome at 12:30pm. See San Marco, Piazza Navona and Pantheon. Should I do the tour at 8:30am instead? I am just afraid I will need some time to rest a little more in the morning by this day.
April 2- Would like to visit Castel Sant' Angelo. There is a tour from Walks of Italy of the Catacombs of Santa Priscilla, Capuchin Crypt and ends at church of St Clement. 2:15-5:45pm.
April 3- 3 hr Tour (Walks of Italy) of Appian Way at 9:20am includes Baths of Caracalla. Or I can go to Baths of Diocletian and National Museum of Rome. Would like to visit Appian Way regardless of tour or not.
April 4- I have the Scavi Tour scheduled at 11:30am. Would really like a tour of St Peter's, Sistine and Vatican M. I am debating either to take a 3.5 hour tour that starts at 8am, or take the Viator tour that starts at 2:30pm. Is it too close? I wish it wouldn't have been in the middle of the day. All day at Vatican.
April 5- Viator has a Tuscany One Day Tour from Rome of Montepulciano, Monteciano and Pienza.
April 6- Leave at noon back home.
THANK YOU ALL!
Venice, Florence Rome Itinerary Help
- 1 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 2 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 3 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 4 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 5 just want to know
- 6 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 7 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 8 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 9 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 10 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 11 Palace of Versailles guided tours
- 12 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 13 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 14 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 15 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 16 Day trip to Capri
- 17 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 18 London at Xmas
- 19 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 20 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 21 Iceland: whitewater river kayaking?
- 22 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 23 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 24 Italian languaje course in Rome, acomodation advice
- 25 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy