I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Venice-Florence-Rome 10-Day Honeymoon Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 2 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 3 Questions for my German friends
- 4 Chip but no PIN
- 5 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 6 What still confounds you about travel?
- 7 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 8 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 9 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 10 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 14 Airport to Piraeus
- 15 Train to Airport in Venice
- 16 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 17 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 18 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 19 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 20 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 21 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 22 Foie gras, redux
- 23 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 24 Dublin Tour Companies
- 25 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?