I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Venice-Florence-Rome 10-Day Honeymoon Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 2 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 3 Air pollution in Paris
- 4 French open
- 5 tulips in the Netherland
- 6 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 9 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 12 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 13 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 14 England and Scotland
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 17 Azores
- 18 Azores
- 19 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 20 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 21 Dublin to Armagh?
- 22 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 25 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?