I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Venice-Florence-Rome 10-Day Honeymoon Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 2 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 3 Viator.com in Turkey
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 6 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 7 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 8 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 9 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 10 Florence Hotel Advice
- 11 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 12 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 13 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 14 Scottish Passport
- 15 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 16 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 17 Italy tours
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 20 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 21 Air France strike
- 22 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 23 Europe in winter
- 24 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 25 Airbnb scam