I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 2 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 3 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 4 Dubrovnik City Wall Walk - Hours?
- 5 Barcelona Itinerary
- 6 Paris Visite pass
- 7 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 8 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 9 Honeymoon in Europe Nov-Dec2015
- 10 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 11 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 12 2 days in Alsace
- 13 Need hotel recs for Munich and SOM country
- 14 Hours for Accademia -- Florence
- 15 Northern Italy - Milan or Italian Lake District
- 16 Rail Itinerary around Northern/Central Italy
- 17 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 18 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 19 Help in Planning Train Schedule Milan/Florence/Rome/Milan
- 20 Referendum in Greece
- 21 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 22 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 23 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 24 Riviera roadtrip
- 25 Day trips from Monaco