I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Venice-Florence-Rome 10-Day Honeymoon Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 2 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 3 3 weeks in Europe
- 4 10 days in England
- 5 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 6 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 7 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 8 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 9 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 10 Self-driving tips for France
- 11 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 12 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 13 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 14 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 15 Madrid and London
- 16 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 17 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 18 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 19 Stay away from EF Tours
- 20 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 21 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 22 going to italy
- 23 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 24 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 25 Guesthouses in Dublin