I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Venice-Florence-Rome 10-Day Honeymoon Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 2 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 3 closest German city to Enschede/Twente
- 4 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 5 Eastern Pyrenees for family with children
- 6 Train des Pignes
- 7 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 8 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 9 Prague - Dresden- Berlin
- 10 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 11 Utterly Umbria...feedback on my itinerary for a week in Spello please!!
- 12 9 days in switzerland
- 13 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 14 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 15 Museums for 12 year old girl and pastry day class
- 16 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 17 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 18 What to do, what to do... early arrival, late departure
- 19 Change in Travel
- 20 Euro Quiz # 87 - Paris Potpourri
- 21 London and nearby suggestions
- 22 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights
- 23 Why Is Europe Becoming More Prudish? Or Is It?
- 24 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 25 Which base in the Cotswolds