I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Iberian Tour
- 2 http://nutritionless.com/metabo-pure/
- 3 3nights in Venice
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Paris in November
- 6 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 7 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 8 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 9 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 10 Munich itinerary review
- 11 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 12 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 13 Football Tickets - Athens
- 14 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 15 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 16 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 17 Last minute trip to Capri
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Earthquake near Naples
- 20 Budapest to Kosice
- 21 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 22 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 23 My 3 days in Venice
- 24 multi city flights to europe
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger