I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Breakfast: London
- 2 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 3 5 Irish in Amsterdam, Dresden, Berlin
- 4 France and Switzerland in 15 days
- 5 Berlin to Barcelona
- 6 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 7 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 8 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 9 Camino Redux
- 10 A weekend in Jurassic Coast
- 11 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 12 Day trips from Amsterdam
- 13 Macedonia, Greece
- 14 worthy or no?
- 15 How to ask for glass or carafe of tap water in Portuguese
- 16 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 17 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 18 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 19 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 20 Seville bus information
- 21 Montpellier to Arles
- 22 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 23 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 24 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 25 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?