I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 2 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 3 Hotel in Vienna
- 4 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Car rental from Barcelona
- 7 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 8 Sicily
- 9 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 10 House Hunting in France
- 11 Itinerary Tweaking
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 16 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 17 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 23 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 24 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 25 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?