I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Venice-Florence-Rome 10-Day Honeymoon Ideas
- 1 Paris Ticket t+
- 2 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 3 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 4 Recommendation - Paris apartment for only 3 nights
- 5 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 6 France Itinerary Help
- 7 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 8 Rome apartment
- 9 Getting the best our of Europe
- 10 Need restaurant recommendations for cities in Croatia
- 11 French/Italian Alps
- 12 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 13 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 14 Cross-Pollinate apartments for London? Any experience?
- 15 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 16 Am I too fat too travel?
- 17 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 18 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 19 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 20 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 21 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 22 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 23 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 24 Heathrow Terminal 5. 90 minutes layover, is it enough
- 25 london travelcrard