I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car in Florence
- 2 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 3 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 6 What about Basque Country?
- 7 First time in Italy
- 8 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 9 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 10 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 11 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 12 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 13 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 14 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 15 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 16 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 17 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 18 italy itinerary request
- 19 6 Aussies escape to France - Paris, Provence & Dordogne
- 20 Pompeii luggage storage
- 21 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 22 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 23 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 24 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 25 Sardinia for young travellers