I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Healthy eating in Rome
- 2 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 3 Italy in August with kids
- 4 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 5 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 6 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 7 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 8 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 9 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 10 For anyone in London on Wednesday 27 May - State Ooening of Parliament
- 11 French Prem Train Fares
- 12 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 13 Itenerary Opinion
- 14 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 15 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 16 A Beautiful Visit to Emilia-Romagna
- 17 10 Days trip to Europe
- 18 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 19 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 20 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 21 bbc radio 4 visits Fleetwood near Blackpool
- 22 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 23 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 24 Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst Hermann Rorschach Inkblot Test
- 25 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old