I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 2 Spain in November
- 3 How big backpack do I need?
- 4 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 5 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 6 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 7 Munich Under Attack...
- 8 From Genoa to Rome...
- 9 Dentix in Spain
- 10 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 11 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 12 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 13 First trip - destination advice!
- 14 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 15 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 16 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 17 Stonehenge and Bath
- 18 Path of the Gods Question
- 19 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 20 Should I speculate?
- 21 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 22 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 23 Prague on a budget...
- 24 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 25 Le Marche Sept./Oct.