I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Venice-Florence-Rome 10-Day Honeymoon Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go in France mid July?
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Best beach town in Italy?
- 5 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 6 Help with England/Wales tour
- 7 trip to norway
- 8 Cotswold Churches
- 9 A Greek sojourn
- 10 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 11 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 12 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 13 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 14 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 15 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 16 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 17 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 18 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 19 Is Venice really dirty?
- 20 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 21 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 22 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 23 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 24 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!