I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Little Taste of Burgundy To Start Our 2016 Trip...Questions.
- 2 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 3 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 4 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 5 Best location to stay in Seville
- 6 Montenegro in Sept/Oct
- 7 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 8 12 days in Italy
- 9 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 10 Small-group day tours from London?
- 11 Barcelona - senior discounts?
- 12 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 13 Brussels - the Netherlands day trip, where to go?
- 14 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 15 Malaga and the lost wallet
- 16 Madrid, 5 nights which neighborhood
- 17 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 18 The Birthday Celebration in Italy!
- 19 Leaving for Tuscany in 3 weeks!
- 20 Barcelona, 4 nights which neighborhood?
- 21 A short trip to Barcelona
- 22 Our Next Europe Trip
- 23 Stay in Florence or smaller hill town in Tuscany?
- 24 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 25 Bus Tours in London