I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Questions...
- 2 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 3 From London to Italy - where to go?
- 4 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 6 Holding bags in Paris
- 7 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 8 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 9 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 10 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 11 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 12 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 13 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 14 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 15 Anyone ever used Northwest Walks or Sherpa for a C2C England hike?
- 16 SIXT car rental uk
- 17 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 18 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 19 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 20 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 21 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 22 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 23 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 24 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 25 Greek island cruise or self tour