I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 2 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 3 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 6 days in Portugal in December
- 6 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 7 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 8 What one thing in Paris?
- 9 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 10 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 11 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 12 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 13 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 14 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 15 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 16 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 17 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 19 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 20 Holiday in Austria
- 21 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 22 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 23 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 24 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 25 Retiring to Southern France