I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Venice-Florence-Rome 10-Day Honeymoon Ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 2 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 3 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 4 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 5 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 6 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 7 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 8 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 9 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 10 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 11 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 12 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 15 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 16 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 17 Which european city?
- 18 Southern Spain
- 19 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 20 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)