I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Venice-Florence-Rome 10-Day Honeymoon Ideas
- 1 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 2 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 3 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 4 Backpacking through Europe
- 5 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 6 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 7 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 8 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 9 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 10 Riquewihr, France, recommended accommodation
- 11 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 12 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 13 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 14 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 15 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 16 Monaco to Paris
- 17 EuropeanDestinations
- 18 Palace of Versailles guided tours
- 19 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 20 ROME itinerary suggestions
- 21 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 22 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 23 just want to know
- 24 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 25 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)