I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 2 Hertz Never Lost
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 5 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 6 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 7 2 Days in Bologna
- 8 Spain student visa/ travel questions
- 9 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 10 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 11 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 12 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 13 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 14 First Time Europe Trip
- 15 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 16 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 17 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 18 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 19 Cordoba or Granada?
- 20 Hostel Advice
- 21 Munich, Germany
- 22 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 23 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 24 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 25 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe