I am planning a honeymoon for my fiancee and I for September 9 - September 19, 2013 (10 days). We plan on visiting Venice (2 nights), Florence (4-5 nights), and the rest of time in Rome. I'm looking to make this trip special since, after all, it is our honeymoon. A few questions:
1. I'm considering a Tuscan villa, but what's there to do all day when you're out in the countryside? If we take day trips into the cities, is parking really that feasible?
2. Another idea was staying in Florence, renting a car (preferably a convertible), and driving down SR2 past the vineyards and countryside. Is this a feasible idea or is it difficult to rent a car from Florence?
3. Any other ideas to up the "wow" factor for a honeymoon? Any really interesting activities or hotels/apartments? Our budget for a hotel is probably max $250/night and we love to cook and LOVE wine, so any activities around those would be great.
I'm a value traveler, so I don't mind spending money if it's really worth it. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 2 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 3 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 4 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 5 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 6 Amalfi or Positano
- 7 Croatia travel ideas
- 8 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 9 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 10 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 11 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 12 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 13 Public Transport information App/Website
- 14 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 15 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 16 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 17 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 18 12 Days in Italy
- 19 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 20 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 21 house exchange
- 22 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 23 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 24 Poland in September
- 25 Taormina, Sicily