We've been to Venice before but it's been several years.
I'm thinking of changing our existing hotel reservation because the hotel does not have AC and because of health issues, I'm afraid - even in October, we'll need at least the option of AC.
I found a hotel on Expedia - The SANT'ELENA HOTEL (actually a Best Western hotel which would not be my first choice) - looks lovely, gets great reviews on tripadvisor and has rooms for a little over $200/night.
However, this hotel is in Castello - towards the "tip" - about .5 miles from San Marco - not a very central location.
We don't mind walking - but is this really out of the way when it comes to dinners, strolling at night, etc.
I may be overthinking this, but any help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 4 Athens Help
- 5 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 8 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 9 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 10 Lille Braderie 2017
- 11 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 12 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 13 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 14 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 15 Thinking about the Fjords
- 16 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 17 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 18 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 19 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 20 Uber vs. TfL
- 21 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 22 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 23 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Greek Village