We've been to Venice before but it's been several years.
I'm thinking of changing our existing hotel reservation because the hotel does not have AC and because of health issues, I'm afraid - even in October, we'll need at least the option of AC.
I found a hotel on Expedia - The SANT'ELENA HOTEL (actually a Best Western hotel which would not be my first choice) - looks lovely, gets great reviews on tripadvisor and has rooms for a little over $200/night.
However, this hotel is in Castello - towards the "tip" - about .5 miles from San Marco - not a very central location.
We don't mind walking - but is this really out of the way when it comes to dinners, strolling at night, etc.
I may be overthinking this, but any help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 2 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 3 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 4 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 5 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 6 T Mobile Does it Again
- 7 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 8 Itinerary Help
- 9 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 10 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 11 Hungary itinerary Help
- 12 Dolomites October 14-18
- 13 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 14 Lyon
- 15 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 16 European Championship
- 17 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 18 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 19 Italy by car
- 20 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 21 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 22 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 23 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 24 12 days in Austria
- 25 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour