We've been to Venice before but it's been several years.
I'm thinking of changing our existing hotel reservation because the hotel does not have AC and because of health issues, I'm afraid - even in October, we'll need at least the option of AC.
I found a hotel on Expedia - The SANT'ELENA HOTEL (actually a Best Western hotel which would not be my first choice) - looks lovely, gets great reviews on tripadvisor and has rooms for a little over $200/night.
However, this hotel is in Castello - towards the "tip" - about .5 miles from San Marco - not a very central location.
We don't mind walking - but is this really out of the way when it comes to dinners, strolling at night, etc.
I may be overthinking this, but any help is much appreciated!
Venice experts - need your help . . .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 2 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 3 Day Trips from Nice
- 4 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 5 Madrid: City Views
- 6 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 7 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 8 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 9 Norway 2014
- 10 Istanbul water
- 11 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 12 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 13 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 14 London restaurants
- 15 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 16 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 17 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 18 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 19 Siena Favorites?
- 20 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 21 biking in France
- 22 using airbnb for the first time...
- 23 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
- 24 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 25 Help with France itinerary