We've been to Venice before but it's been several years.
I'm thinking of changing our existing hotel reservation because the hotel does not have AC and because of health issues, I'm afraid - even in October, we'll need at least the option of AC.
I found a hotel on Expedia - The SANT'ELENA HOTEL (actually a Best Western hotel which would not be my first choice) - looks lovely, gets great reviews on tripadvisor and has rooms for a little over $200/night.
However, this hotel is in Castello - towards the "tip" - about .5 miles from San Marco - not a very central location.
We don't mind walking - but is this really out of the way when it comes to dinners, strolling at night, etc.
I may be overthinking this, but any help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 2 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 3 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 4 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 5 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 6 Perugia
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 12 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 13 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 14 Praiano
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 St Denis Cathedral
- 17 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 Family vacation to europe
- 20 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 21 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 22 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 25 Proposed itinerary for Iceland