We've been to Venice before but it's been several years.
I'm thinking of changing our existing hotel reservation because the hotel does not have AC and because of health issues, I'm afraid - even in October, we'll need at least the option of AC.
I found a hotel on Expedia - The SANT'ELENA HOTEL (actually a Best Western hotel which would not be my first choice) - looks lovely, gets great reviews on tripadvisor and has rooms for a little over $200/night.
However, this hotel is in Castello - towards the "tip" - about .5 miles from San Marco - not a very central location.
We don't mind walking - but is this really out of the way when it comes to dinners, strolling at night, etc.
I may be overthinking this, but any help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples or Genoa
- 2 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 3 England and Wales by public transport
- 4 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 5 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 6 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 7 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 8 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 9 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 10 Travel WiFi - France
- 11 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 12 Our European adventures
- 13 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 14 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 15 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 16 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 17 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 18 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 19 Planning Advice!
- 20 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 21 Greece in 15 Days
- 22 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 23 Help with itinerary
- 24 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 25 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day