We've been to Venice before but it's been several years.
I'm thinking of changing our existing hotel reservation because the hotel does not have AC and because of health issues, I'm afraid - even in October, we'll need at least the option of AC.
I found a hotel on Expedia - The SANT'ELENA HOTEL (actually a Best Western hotel which would not be my first choice) - looks lovely, gets great reviews on tripadvisor and has rooms for a little over $200/night.
However, this hotel is in Castello - towards the "tip" - about .5 miles from San Marco - not a very central location.
We don't mind walking - but is this really out of the way when it comes to dinners, strolling at night, etc.
I may be overthinking this, but any help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ronda to Seville
- 2 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 3 Belgium for the 1st time
- 4 11 days in Andalusia
- 5 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 6 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 7 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 8 Our short visit to Stockholm: A few details and many photos
- 9 February in Florence
- 10 visa expired
- 11 La Scala Opera Tickets
- 12 Car rental Croatia
- 13 Paris - Phantom - Theatre Mogador Fire
- 14 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 15 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 16 PLITVICE LAKES
- 17 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 18 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 19 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 20 Iceland and the Fareoe Islands in two weeks
- 21 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 24 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 25 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius