We've been to Venice before but it's been several years.
I'm thinking of changing our existing hotel reservation because the hotel does not have AC and because of health issues, I'm afraid - even in October, we'll need at least the option of AC.
I found a hotel on Expedia - The SANT'ELENA HOTEL (actually a Best Western hotel which would not be my first choice) - looks lovely, gets great reviews on tripadvisor and has rooms for a little over $200/night.
However, this hotel is in Castello - towards the "tip" - about .5 miles from San Marco - not a very central location.
We don't mind walking - but is this really out of the way when it comes to dinners, strolling at night, etc.
I may be overthinking this, but any help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shopping in Paris
- 2 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 3 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 4 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 5 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 6 Where to stop along the way
- 7 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 8 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 9 Best Italian beach with teens
- 10 10 nights in France
- 11 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 12 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 13 planning confusion
- 14 best shopping deals in paris and italy?
- 15 Scotland Highlands
- 16 Relaxing destinations?
- 17 Tips for 2 week travel in Europe of college students
- 18 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 19 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 20 3 Wake-up calls
- 21 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 22 5 full days in Rome too much?
- 23 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 24 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 25 December in Deutschland