We are going to be in Venice for three nights in June. I have found several good apartments in different neighborhoods but having a hard time deciding what's the ideal location for our purpose.
I am trying to pick a place based on convenience (from airport, to train station, attractions), local/authentic charm and budget.
To give some context:
- we will be landing in venice at 9am after a long flight from US. we have two kids ages 9 and 5. I "think" will have 1 large and two medium sized bags.
- we will be taking a train on the forth day to car rental place in florence. ideally, we will start around 1pm.
Originally I was planning to stay in San Marco but there are several threads recommending Dorsoduro, Cannaregio or Castello instead. I have been relying heavily on google maps to understand how much we will have to rely on walking or public transportation but it's not helping me reach a conclusion.
Is there a map or site that makes it easier to understand public transportation options for Venice? Which area would you recommend for us?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 2 Andalucia itinerary help
- 3 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 6 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 7 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 8 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 9 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 10 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 11 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 12 Barcelona
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 15 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 16 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 17 Santorini lodging
- 18 Spain and South of France
- 19 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 20 Algarve location Help
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 23 Ischia
- 24 Killarney
- 25 Romania - Good destination for 2017