We are going to be in Venice for three nights in June. I have found several good apartments in different neighborhoods but having a hard time deciding what's the ideal location for our purpose.
I am trying to pick a place based on convenience (from airport, to train station, attractions), local/authentic charm and budget.
To give some context:
- we will be landing in venice at 9am after a long flight from US. we have two kids ages 9 and 5. I "think" will have 1 large and two medium sized bags.
- we will be taking a train on the forth day to car rental place in florence. ideally, we will start around 1pm.
Originally I was planning to stay in San Marco but there are several threads recommending Dorsoduro, Cannaregio or Castello instead. I have been relying heavily on google maps to understand how much we will have to rely on walking or public transportation but it's not helping me reach a conclusion.
Is there a map or site that makes it easier to understand public transportation options for Venice? Which area would you recommend for us?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 4 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 B&B in Ireland
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 10 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 11 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 12 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 13 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Alitala
- 16 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 17 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 22 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 23 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 24 Europe First Timers
- 25 Photography gear for Rome and Venice