We are going to be in Venice for three nights in June. I have found several good apartments in different neighborhoods but having a hard time deciding what's the ideal location for our purpose.
I am trying to pick a place based on convenience (from airport, to train station, attractions), local/authentic charm and budget.
To give some context:
- we will be landing in venice at 9am after a long flight from US. we have two kids ages 9 and 5. I "think" will have 1 large and two medium sized bags.
- we will be taking a train on the forth day to car rental place in florence. ideally, we will start around 1pm.
Originally I was planning to stay in San Marco but there are several threads recommending Dorsoduro, Cannaregio or Castello instead. I have been relying heavily on google maps to understand how much we will have to rely on walking or public transportation but it's not helping me reach a conclusion.
Is there a map or site that makes it easier to understand public transportation options for Venice? Which area would you recommend for us?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Meteora for older folk
- 3 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 4 Versailles
- 5 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 6 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 7 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 8 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 9 driving from prague to salzburg
- 10 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 11 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 12 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 13 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 14 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 15 Germany train help!
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 19 Sicily
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 24 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 25 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary