We are going to be in Venice for three nights in June. I have found several good apartments in different neighborhoods but having a hard time deciding what's the ideal location for our purpose.
I am trying to pick a place based on convenience (from airport, to train station, attractions), local/authentic charm and budget.
To give some context:
- we will be landing in venice at 9am after a long flight from US. we have two kids ages 9 and 5. I "think" will have 1 large and two medium sized bags.
- we will be taking a train on the forth day to car rental place in florence. ideally, we will start around 1pm.
Originally I was planning to stay in San Marco but there are several threads recommending Dorsoduro, Cannaregio or Castello instead. I have been relying heavily on google maps to understand how much we will have to rely on walking or public transportation but it's not helping me reach a conclusion.
Is there a map or site that makes it easier to understand public transportation options for Venice? Which area would you recommend for us?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 2 Moscow Favorites
- 3 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 4 Couscous
- 5 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 6 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 7 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 10 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 11 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 12 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 13 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 14 Guided Vatican Tours
- 15 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 20 Ibiiza Spain
- 21 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 22 Cartagena Spain
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 25 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK