I am in the early planning stages for a 7-9 day trip in September/October. We are a young 30ish couple who will be leaving our 2 young kids at home with the grandparents. We are therefore looking for a romantic, relaxing vacation but with a good measure of sightseeing, history and good food thrown in. We are hoping that by going in the fall there will be less crowds too.
After seeing the movie The Tourist (not a great movie, but gorgeous scenery) we became interested in seeing Venice. So..... here we are trying to figure out what to put with Venice. Originally I thought Florence... but then I thought Lake Como... and then I just got on Fodors Itineraries and they suggest ROVINJ, CROATIA (which I've heard good things about).
Can anyone give me some suggestions? We are looking for a moderate activity level -- not a crazy amount of traveling from place to place (although we do love a good road trip). Anyone been to Croatia? Any opinions about that instead of other destinations in Italy? Any and all opinions would be welcome and appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 What about Basque Country?
- 4 Renting a car in Florence
- 5 First time in Italy
- 6 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 7 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 8 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 9 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 10 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 11 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 12 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 13 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 14 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 15 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 16 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 17 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 18 italy itinerary request
- 19 6 Aussies escape to France - Paris, Provence & Dordogne
- 20 Pompeii luggage storage
- 21 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 22 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 23 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 24 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 25 Sardinia for young travellers