I am in the early planning stages for a 7-9 day trip in September/October. We are a young 30ish couple who will be leaving our 2 young kids at home with the grandparents. We are therefore looking for a romantic, relaxing vacation but with a good measure of sightseeing, history and good food thrown in. We are hoping that by going in the fall there will be less crowds too.
After seeing the movie The Tourist (not a great movie, but gorgeous scenery) we became interested in seeing Venice. So..... here we are trying to figure out what to put with Venice. Originally I thought Florence... but then I thought Lake Como... and then I just got on Fodors Itineraries and they suggest ROVINJ, CROATIA (which I've heard good things about).
Can anyone give me some suggestions? We are looking for a moderate activity level -- not a crazy amount of traveling from place to place (although we do love a good road trip). Anyone been to Croatia? Any opinions about that instead of other destinations in Italy? Any and all opinions would be welcome and appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can I buy a Kilt in Ireland?
- 2 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 3 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 4 Help Choosing Castle Hotel in England
- 5 Germany train/bus question
- 6 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 7 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 8 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 9 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 10 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 11 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 12 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 13 Planning for 10 Days in Paris (+ side trip?)
- 14 La Scala Opera Tickets
- 15 Please Rec best VPN Internet service/company for Italy
- 16 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 17 Belgium for the 1st time
- 18 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 19 Europe Itinerary
- 20 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 21 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 22 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 23 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 24 written guide for Olympia
- 25 Puigcerdes to Carcassone?