I am in the early planning stages for a 7-9 day trip in September/October. We are a young 30ish couple who will be leaving our 2 young kids at home with the grandparents. We are therefore looking for a romantic, relaxing vacation but with a good measure of sightseeing, history and good food thrown in. We are hoping that by going in the fall there will be less crowds too.
After seeing the movie The Tourist (not a great movie, but gorgeous scenery) we became interested in seeing Venice. So..... here we are trying to figure out what to put with Venice. Originally I thought Florence... but then I thought Lake Como... and then I just got on Fodors Itineraries and they suggest ROVINJ, CROATIA (which I've heard good things about).
Can anyone give me some suggestions? We are looking for a moderate activity level -- not a crazy amount of traveling from place to place (although we do love a good road trip). Anyone been to Croatia? Any opinions about that instead of other destinations in Italy? Any and all opinions would be welcome and appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 2 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 3 Day trip suggestion from London
- 4 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 5 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 6 Lake Maggiore
- 7 Day Trip near Paris
- 8 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 9 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 10 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 11 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 12 Bootcut jeans
- 13 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?
- 14 Car rental insurance woes
- 15 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 16 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 17 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 18 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 19 Favorite tapas bars in Barcelona
- 20 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 21 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 22 Norway Fjords
- 23 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 24 Tweesters+ tour of Catalonia and Languedoc-Roussillon
- 25 UK train question