I am in the early planning stages for a 7-9 day trip in September/October. We are a young 30ish couple who will be leaving our 2 young kids at home with the grandparents. We are therefore looking for a romantic, relaxing vacation but with a good measure of sightseeing, history and good food thrown in. We are hoping that by going in the fall there will be less crowds too.
After seeing the movie The Tourist (not a great movie, but gorgeous scenery) we became interested in seeing Venice. So..... here we are trying to figure out what to put with Venice. Originally I thought Florence... but then I thought Lake Como... and then I just got on Fodors Itineraries and they suggest ROVINJ, CROATIA (which I've heard good things about).
Can anyone give me some suggestions? We are looking for a moderate activity level -- not a crazy amount of traveling from place to place (although we do love a good road trip). Anyone been to Croatia? Any opinions about that instead of other destinations in Italy? Any and all opinions would be welcome and appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Home Depot
- 2 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 3 gare de nord
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 5 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 6 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 7 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 8 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 9 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 10 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 11 Madrid city centre?
- 12 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 13 Southern Italy
- 14 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 15 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 16 European Travel in March
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 Europe itinerary
- 19 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 20 Iceland in 4 days?
- 21 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 22 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 23 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 24 Favorite restaurants in Amsterdam
- 25 Barcelona extension