I am in the early planning stages for a 7-9 day trip in September/October. We are a young 30ish couple who will be leaving our 2 young kids at home with the grandparents. We are therefore looking for a romantic, relaxing vacation but with a good measure of sightseeing, history and good food thrown in. We are hoping that by going in the fall there will be less crowds too.
After seeing the movie The Tourist (not a great movie, but gorgeous scenery) we became interested in seeing Venice. So..... here we are trying to figure out what to put with Venice. Originally I thought Florence... but then I thought Lake Como... and then I just got on Fodors Itineraries and they suggest ROVINJ, CROATIA (which I've heard good things about).
Can anyone give me some suggestions? We are looking for a moderate activity level -- not a crazy amount of traveling from place to place (although we do love a good road trip). Anyone been to Croatia? Any opinions about that instead of other destinations in Italy? Any and all opinions would be welcome and appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 2 Summer Travel order
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 Dijon in December!
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Trip suggestion
- 13 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 14 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 15 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 16 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 17 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 18 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 19 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 20 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 21 Spain in July
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 24 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 25 Acorn TV