I am in the early planning stages for a 7-9 day trip in September/October. We are a young 30ish couple who will be leaving our 2 young kids at home with the grandparents. We are therefore looking for a romantic, relaxing vacation but with a good measure of sightseeing, history and good food thrown in. We are hoping that by going in the fall there will be less crowds too.
After seeing the movie The Tourist (not a great movie, but gorgeous scenery) we became interested in seeing Venice. So..... here we are trying to figure out what to put with Venice. Originally I thought Florence... but then I thought Lake Como... and then I just got on Fodors Itineraries and they suggest ROVINJ, CROATIA (which I've heard good things about).
Can anyone give me some suggestions? We are looking for a moderate activity level -- not a crazy amount of traveling from place to place (although we do love a good road trip). Anyone been to Croatia? Any opinions about that instead of other destinations in Italy? Any and all opinions would be welcome and appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 2 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 3 Studying art in English in venice
- 4 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 5 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 8 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 9 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 10 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 11 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 14 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 15 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 16 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 17 Trogir or Split
- 18 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 19 Scotland
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 22 Istria in two days
- 23 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 24 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 25 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre