I am in the early planning stages for a 7-9 day trip in September/October. We are a young 30ish couple who will be leaving our 2 young kids at home with the grandparents. We are therefore looking for a romantic, relaxing vacation but with a good measure of sightseeing, history and good food thrown in. We are hoping that by going in the fall there will be less crowds too.
After seeing the movie The Tourist (not a great movie, but gorgeous scenery) we became interested in seeing Venice. So..... here we are trying to figure out what to put with Venice. Originally I thought Florence... but then I thought Lake Como... and then I just got on Fodors Itineraries and they suggest ROVINJ, CROATIA (which I've heard good things about).
Can anyone give me some suggestions? We are looking for a moderate activity level -- not a crazy amount of traveling from place to place (although we do love a good road trip). Anyone been to Croatia? Any opinions about that instead of other destinations in Italy? Any and all opinions would be welcome and appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 2 Holland Itinerary
- 3 Barcelona completely overrated
- 4 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 5 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 6 Car rental between countries
- 7 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 8 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 9 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 10 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 11 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 12 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 13 England and Wales by public transport
- 14 Rhine River Cruise
- 15 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 16 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 17 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 18 Greece in 15 Days
- 19 Walking Scotland
- 20 Adaptors for Belgium
- 21 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 22 Train Ticket Help
- 23 I forgot my international driver permit
- 24 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 25 Prague old town