Starting the real planning for our trip next spring (end of April, beginning of May). We have FF tickets on BA from LAX to Milan (Linate) through London; the options for open jaw, or even into Venice from the west coast were more complicated than doable and we are fine with Milan. Right now the tentative plan is to pick up a car and spend a few nights in Verona, then either do the Veneto part of the trip, or, depending on Venice apartment rentals, go to Venice, drop car and pick one up later for the Veneto part. The real question is, where to base ourselves in the Veneto for 5-6 nights? One base or two? We are probably more interested in small towns and the Prosecco Road than Palladian villas, tho I think we would like to see a few. Thoughts? Ideas? Favorite towns? Thinking we will end with a night in Milan before our morning flight home; we have passed through there more than once and have yet to see The Last Supper.
Venice and the Veneto, spring 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 2 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 3 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 4 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 5 England/EPL family vacation
- 6 4 Months in Europe
- 7 Never To Return
- 8 Tipping in the UK
- 9 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 10 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 11 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 12 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 13 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 14 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 15 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 16 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 17 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 18 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 19 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 20 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 21 London city Best option for transit
- 22 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 23 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 24 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 25 Lucerne Switzerland