Starting the real planning for our trip next spring (end of April, beginning of May). We have FF tickets on BA from LAX to Milan (Linate) through London; the options for open jaw, or even into Venice from the west coast were more complicated than doable and we are fine with Milan. Right now the tentative plan is to pick up a car and spend a few nights in Verona, then either do the Veneto part of the trip, or, depending on Venice apartment rentals, go to Venice, drop car and pick one up later for the Veneto part. The real question is, where to base ourselves in the Veneto for 5-6 nights? One base or two? We are probably more interested in small towns and the Prosecco Road than Palladian villas, tho I think we would like to see a few. Thoughts? Ideas? Favorite towns? Thinking we will end with a night in Milan before our morning flight home; we have passed through there more than once and have yet to see The Last Supper.
Venice and the Veneto, spring 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 3 London - Site List Triage -
- 4 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 5 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 6 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 7 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 8 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 9 London and Where Else in late December?
- 10 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 11 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 12 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 13 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 14 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 15 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 16 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 17 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 18 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 19 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 23 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 24 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 25 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo