Starting the real planning for our trip next spring (end of April, beginning of May). We have FF tickets on BA from LAX to Milan (Linate) through London; the options for open jaw, or even into Venice from the west coast were more complicated than doable and we are fine with Milan. Right now the tentative plan is to pick up a car and spend a few nights in Verona, then either do the Veneto part of the trip, or, depending on Venice apartment rentals, go to Venice, drop car and pick one up later for the Veneto part. The real question is, where to base ourselves in the Veneto for 5-6 nights? One base or two? We are probably more interested in small towns and the Prosecco Road than Palladian villas, tho I think we would like to see a few. Thoughts? Ideas? Favorite towns? Thinking we will end with a night in Milan before our morning flight home; we have passed through there more than once and have yet to see The Last Supper.
Venice and the Veneto, spring 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in London
- 2 Peter Sellers speaks french better than I do
- 3 Non Touristy things to do in Paris
- 4 Andalucia by train, car or bus?
- 5 Best hotel & restaurants in Bruges
- 6 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 7 Lisbon Advice
- 8 Need suggestions for our week in Panzano
- 9 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 10 Needing to re-enter Norway without processed visa
- 11 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 12 Italy, Rome
- 13 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?
- 14 TR: 10 things I LOVE about Barcelona in 3.5 days!
- 15 Queuing for Her Majesty's Theater
- 16 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 17 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 18 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 19 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 20 Train From Paris to Beaune
- 21 Rail tickets
- 22 Seville Day Trip - Cordoba or Ronda
- 23 Need some initial thoughts on itinerary - Dresden, Potsdam, Berlin
- 24 Dulwich Picture Gallery
- 25 Day trips from Sorrento