Starting the real planning for our trip next spring (end of April, beginning of May). We have FF tickets on BA from LAX to Milan (Linate) through London; the options for open jaw, or even into Venice from the west coast were more complicated than doable and we are fine with Milan. Right now the tentative plan is to pick up a car and spend a few nights in Verona, then either do the Veneto part of the trip, or, depending on Venice apartment rentals, go to Venice, drop car and pick one up later for the Veneto part. The real question is, where to base ourselves in the Veneto for 5-6 nights? One base or two? We are probably more interested in small towns and the Prosecco Road than Palladian villas, tho I think we would like to see a few. Thoughts? Ideas? Favorite towns? Thinking we will end with a night in Milan before our morning flight home; we have passed through there more than once and have yet to see The Last Supper.
Venice and the Veneto, spring 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 2 A Sardinia trip report
- 3 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 8 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 9 Granada
- 10 Coffee in Naples
- 11 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 12 22 year olds in Europe
- 13 Eastern Europe
- 14 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 15 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 16 Azores
- 17 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 18 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 19 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 20 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 21 4 weeks in the UK
- 22 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 23 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 24 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 25 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland