Starting the real planning for our trip next spring (end of April, beginning of May). We have FF tickets on BA from LAX to Milan (Linate) through London; the options for open jaw, or even into Venice from the west coast were more complicated than doable and we are fine with Milan. Right now the tentative plan is to pick up a car and spend a few nights in Verona, then either do the Veneto part of the trip, or, depending on Venice apartment rentals, go to Venice, drop car and pick one up later for the Veneto part. The real question is, where to base ourselves in the Veneto for 5-6 nights? One base or two? We are probably more interested in small towns and the Prosecco Road than Palladian villas, tho I think we would like to see a few. Thoughts? Ideas? Favorite towns? Thinking we will end with a night in Milan before our morning flight home; we have passed through there more than once and have yet to see The Last Supper.
Venice and the Veneto, spring 2012
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel Copenhagen to Paris?
- 2 Parma, Reggio Emilia, or Modena???
- 3 Toulouse, Sarlat environs, Paris itinerary
- 4 Metro to 5th
- 5 Itinerary for Geneva-6 days
- 6 Europe Trip Post-Study Abroad Planning
- 7 Melk, Durnstein, and Krems
- 8 Cycling in Vienna
- 9 ATMs in English in Turkey
- 10 14 Nights: Start in Milan and end in Budapest... need itinerary ideas
- 11 Tkts to Waverly Stn, Edinburgh, UK , need to get off at Edinburgh Park...
- 12 germany
- 13 Provence 4 nights in October
- 14 Venice, Tuscany & Positano
- 15 LUCCA from Livorno
- 16 Cruise Stop in Le Havre 2 days - Want to visit Paris
- 17 Backpacking Europe from India
- 18 PORTOFINO to CINQUE TERRE
- 19 Amsterdam Museum trip on a budget
- 20 Swiss Passes
- 21 Rental car company recommendation request
- 22 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 23 Drive in Switzerland in October
- 24 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 25 Indonesian Rijsttafel in Amsterdam