I will be travelling with my 9-year-old son to Italy end December, and will be spending 3 days in each of Venice and Florence before going skiing. I am longing to get some serious art viewing, he thinks naked bodies are embarrassing. (he's a boy, and he's that age). But we probably will never get to these places again so I would like to do things we can both enjoy and remember, so we will be taking in the Uffizi Gallery etc so that he can remember it later, when it becomes more meaningful (hopefully!).
I have been reading other threads and would like to know what people might suggest he would enjoy, and also about the Secret Itinerary tour (of what, or is that a secret? How much and where do I book?) and possibly getting to Pisa from Florence (same questions).
As I am a single mother and our currency is 7.8 to the euro, budget is always important, and we are both very fit so walking, climbing steps etc is not an issue.
As always when planning exotic trips, planning definitely is half the fun so thank you to all the people who contribute your practical experiences.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 2 car rental
- 3 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 4 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 5 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 10 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 11 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 12 Northern Ireland ideas
- 13 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 14 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 15 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 16 Long weekend in Albania
- 17 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 18 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 19 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 20 scotland itinerary
- 21 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 24 Hotel in Florence
- 25 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome