My husband and I will be in Basque Country for 10 days in August (Bilbao, Lekeitio and San Sebastian). We would like to partake in the foodie scene but I am worried that we may have trouble given that we don't eat meat or shellfish. I know that many of the higher scale restaurants only have tasting menus. I'm sure they can accommodate our dietary restrictions but I'm wondering if it's worth it. That is, should we pay 100 Euro per person for some vegetables? Does anyone have experience at some of these restaurants? Or does anyone have suggestion for places with a la carte menus that would fit our needs? Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 Amalfi Coast help
- 3 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 4 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 5 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 6 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 7 Itinerary Help
- 8 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 9 House Hunting in France
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 12 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 13 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 14 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 15 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 23 Portugal with large family
- 24 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 25 Help with Ireland itinerary