As we plan for our visit to Rome this April one place where the more we read the more confused we get about what to see is the Vatican.
The Vatican literature is huge and we feel intimidated to think what to skip and what to cover- surely cant see everything within just 1 day!
So wanted to ask you folks on how do we chalk out our day? What experiences/sights to go after in your opinion? Recommended resources to make the most of it - Vatican site wise Audio Guides/Walking Tours? We personally believe that Vatican might be overwhelming for us to really absorb rapidly and are tilting towards walking tours for the same- please advice if this is the something you will recommend too?
Also- have heard that queues in Vatican take up exorbitant amount of time....how do i beat this? Depending on what places in Vatican should i see how do i go about getting tickets for the same in advance?
Appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid airport question
- 2 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 3 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Things to do in Brussels
- 8 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 14 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 15 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 16 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 38 Days in Paris
- 19 Naxos car rental
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 22 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 23 Short Trip in July
- 24 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 25 question on Barcelona itinerary