As we plan for our visit to Rome this April one place where the more we read the more confused we get about what to see is the Vatican.
The Vatican literature is huge and we feel intimidated to think what to skip and what to cover- surely cant see everything within just 1 day!
So wanted to ask you folks on how do we chalk out our day? What experiences/sights to go after in your opinion? Recommended resources to make the most of it - Vatican site wise Audio Guides/Walking Tours? We personally believe that Vatican might be overwhelming for us to really absorb rapidly and are tilting towards walking tours for the same- please advice if this is the something you will recommend too?
Also- have heard that queues in Vatican take up exorbitant amount of time....how do i beat this? Depending on what places in Vatican should i see how do i go about getting tickets for the same in advance?
Appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 Safety in Rome
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Crete Holiday
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 One free day in Barcelona
- 11 Apartment Montreux area
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam