As we plan for our visit to Rome this April one place where the more we read the more confused we get about what to see is the Vatican.
The Vatican literature is huge and we feel intimidated to think what to skip and what to cover- surely cant see everything within just 1 day!
So wanted to ask you folks on how do we chalk out our day? What experiences/sights to go after in your opinion? Recommended resources to make the most of it - Vatican site wise Audio Guides/Walking Tours? We personally believe that Vatican might be overwhelming for us to really absorb rapidly and are tilting towards walking tours for the same- please advice if this is the something you will recommend too?
Also- have heard that queues in Vatican take up exorbitant amount of time....how do i beat this? Depending on what places in Vatican should i see how do i go about getting tickets for the same in advance?
Appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 A Month stay in Southern France
- 3 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Places of interest
- 6 getting to CDG
- 7 Croatia transportation question.
- 8 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 9 Ireland hotel questions
- 10 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 11 vienna
- 12 Questions about Polish sights
- 13 Croatia Ferry Help
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 16 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 17 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 18 Ireland travel passport question
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 21 Switzerland in November?
- 22 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 23 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 Please help with 12 days in England!