I am a non-EU resident. I have made a number of purchases in the UK for which I am entitled to VAT refunds....on the way home we are visiting Italy first.
Does anyone have any information on whether or not I can have my VAT refund forms stamped and sent at Gatwick Airport, even though we are flying to Verona? I do have proof of onward (2 weeks later) flight to Australia.
If not, will I be able to get Venice customs to stamp them or are they going to refuse because goods and receipts are from UK and not in Italian. I have got VAT refund forms stamped at Venice before for items purchased in Italy and even received the refunds (which I hear can be variable) but I can imagine that they may not want to do it for the UK forms.
Appreciate any feedback, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 Our future trip to Greece
- 3 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 4 Russia in two weeks in December
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 car insurance italy
- 11 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 12 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 13 Venice/Mestre
- 14 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Spanish Medical Providers
- 17 Transylvania - June 2018
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Krakow
- 22 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 23 Quizz !
- 24 Pay attention to your watches !
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP