I am a non-EU resident. I have made a number of purchases in the UK for which I am entitled to VAT refunds....on the way home we are visiting Italy first.
Does anyone have any information on whether or not I can have my VAT refund forms stamped and sent at Gatwick Airport, even though we are flying to Verona? I do have proof of onward (2 weeks later) flight to Australia.
If not, will I be able to get Venice customs to stamp them or are they going to refuse because goods and receipts are from UK and not in Italian. I have got VAT refund forms stamped at Venice before for items purchased in Italy and even received the refunds (which I hear can be variable) but I can imagine that they may not want to do it for the UK forms.
Appreciate any feedback, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 2 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 3 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 4 travel around Spain
- 5 Another Question re Scotland
- 6 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 7 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 10 credit and debit cards
- 11 Where to stay in Umbria
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 2 weeks from southern italy
- 14 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 15 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 16 First Trip to Ireland
- 17 Dalmation coast in October?
- 18 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 19 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 20 Confused on which train pass
- 21 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 22 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 23 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 24 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 25 Best of Norway