I am a non-EU resident. I have made a number of purchases in the UK for which I am entitled to VAT refunds....on the way home we are visiting Italy first.
Does anyone have any information on whether or not I can have my VAT refund forms stamped and sent at Gatwick Airport, even though we are flying to Verona? I do have proof of onward (2 weeks later) flight to Australia.
If not, will I be able to get Venice customs to stamp them or are they going to refuse because goods and receipts are from UK and not in Italian. I have got VAT refund forms stamped at Venice before for items purchased in Italy and even received the refunds (which I hear can be variable) but I can imagine that they may not want to do it for the UK forms.
Appreciate any feedback, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 2 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 3 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 4 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 7 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 12 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 13 dinner jackets
- 14 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 15 2 weeks Europe trip
- 16 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 17 Transportation
- 18 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 19 4 days in Provence in early June
- 20 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 21 Leather goods in Florence
- 22 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 23 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 24 France Itinerary Advice
- 25 Trip to Rome