I am a non-EU resident. I have made a number of purchases in the UK for which I am entitled to VAT refunds....on the way home we are visiting Italy first.
Does anyone have any information on whether or not I can have my VAT refund forms stamped and sent at Gatwick Airport, even though we are flying to Verona? I do have proof of onward (2 weeks later) flight to Australia.
If not, will I be able to get Venice customs to stamp them or are they going to refuse because goods and receipts are from UK and not in Italian. I have got VAT refund forms stamped at Venice before for items purchased in Italy and even received the refunds (which I hear can be variable) but I can imagine that they may not want to do it for the UK forms.
Appreciate any feedback, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 2 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 3 Where to eat in Rome?
- 4 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 Italy travel plan help
- 8 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 9 Thinking about the Fjords
- 10 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 15 Budapest language lessons
- 16 Tours in Wales
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 19 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 20 barcelona neighborhood
- 21 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Shorts in South of France?