We'll have a day to spend in Malta during our cruise this coming July. Since we'll be traveling with our then 21 month old, we're not planning on doing any in depth touring (meaning we plan on "popping in and out" of sights since our daughter is not going to have the attention span to tour museums or sit through a movie or show, etc.). I would really like to spend a little time in Mdina and see Hagar Qim (again, don't plan on getting the complete "experience"), but also want some time to stroll around in Valletta. Keeping in mind that we are not planning on seeing everything there is to see in Valletta (I know that we could easily spend the whole day there alone) or Mdina, is it feasible to try to get to all of these places in a day? At first I was just setting my sights on Valletta and Mdina, but I would really love to see one of Malta's megalithic temples too. If it is feasible, what order should I plan on seeing them in? Right now I am thinking Hagar Quim, Mdina (have lunch there) and finish up in Valletta. I believe we would save time by taking taxis instead of the buses.... should we try to hire a taxi for the day? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Valletta, Mdina and Hagar Qim in a day and what order?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 5 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 6 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 7 River cruises
- 8 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 9 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 10 7 days in Andalucia
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 18 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 19 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 Belgium