We'll have a day to spend in Malta during our cruise this coming July. Since we'll be traveling with our then 21 month old, we're not planning on doing any in depth touring (meaning we plan on "popping in and out" of sights since our daughter is not going to have the attention span to tour museums or sit through a movie or show, etc.). I would really like to spend a little time in Mdina and see Hagar Qim (again, don't plan on getting the complete "experience"), but also want some time to stroll around in Valletta. Keeping in mind that we are not planning on seeing everything there is to see in Valletta (I know that we could easily spend the whole day there alone) or Mdina, is it feasible to try to get to all of these places in a day? At first I was just setting my sights on Valletta and Mdina, but I would really love to see one of Malta's megalithic temples too. If it is feasible, what order should I plan on seeing them in? Right now I am thinking Hagar Quim, Mdina (have lunch there) and finish up in Valletta. I believe we would save time by taking taxis instead of the buses.... should we try to hire a taxi for the day? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Valletta, Mdina and Hagar Qim in a day and what order?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 White Christmas
- 2 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 Gtg San Antonio
- 6 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 7 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 8 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 9 Two weeks Verona, Bologna and Venice - time for other day trips?
- 10 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 11 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 12 Gift for French business associate
- 13 Wine tour from Verona?
- 14 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 16 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 18 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 19 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 20 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 21 1 week Tuscany in November
- 22 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 23 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 24 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 25 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?