We are leaving Paris Gare Lyon on May 1, 2014 for Milano Central where we will change trains to continue on to Zurich. I have 2 questions I hope you can help me with.
1. I have read somewhere that in French stations only you need to validate your train tickets in the orange compostez at the the entrance to each platform; is that correct? If I understand correctly you just go to the train station otherwise and find the platform for your train and board? Then will they check ticket on board?? I would feel more comfortable if I knew how it worked for sure.
2. We have 15 minutes to change trains in Milano Central. So, we would just exit and find our other train and board correct? I was thinking a local may be able to help us out on the train also.
Thanks in advance for all of your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 3 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 4 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 5 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 6 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 7 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 8 Travelling with Vueling?
- 9 Night Bus?
- 10 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 11 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 12 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 13 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 14 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 15 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 16 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 17 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 18 seat reservations
- 19 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 20 Italy in a week
- 21 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 22 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 23 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 24 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 25 Valencia Spain
ValitateTrain Ticket in Paris & Changing Trains in Milano Central