We are leaving Paris Gare Lyon on May 1, 2014 for Milano Central where we will change trains to continue on to Zurich. I have 2 questions I hope you can help me with.
1. I have read somewhere that in French stations only you need to validate your train tickets in the orange compostez at the the entrance to each platform; is that correct? If I understand correctly you just go to the train station otherwise and find the platform for your train and board? Then will they check ticket on board?? I would feel more comfortable if I knew how it worked for sure.
2. We have 15 minutes to change trains in Milano Central. So, we would just exit and find our other train and board correct? I was thinking a local may be able to help us out on the train also.
Thanks in advance for all of your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 5 London Hotels
- 6 Iceland in 7 days.
- 7 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 9 LIsbon
- 10 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 11 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 12 Luggage Storage
- 13 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 14 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 19 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 20 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 21 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 22 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please
ValitateTrain Ticket in Paris & Changing Trains in Milano Central