We are leaving Paris Gare Lyon on May 1, 2014 for Milano Central where we will change trains to continue on to Zurich. I have 2 questions I hope you can help me with.
1. I have read somewhere that in French stations only you need to validate your train tickets in the orange compostez at the the entrance to each platform; is that correct? If I understand correctly you just go to the train station otherwise and find the platform for your train and board? Then will they check ticket on board?? I would feel more comfortable if I knew how it worked for sure.
2. We have 15 minutes to change trains in Milano Central. So, we would just exit and find our other train and board correct? I was thinking a local may be able to help us out on the train also.
Thanks in advance for all of your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 Skye to Edinburgh
- 5 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 6 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 7 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 8 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 9 Flat in London
- 10 Trip to Rome
- 11 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 12 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 13 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 16 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 19 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 20 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 21 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 22 One night in Rome
- 23 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 24 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 25 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
ValitateTrain Ticket in Paris & Changing Trains in Milano Central