We are leaving Paris Gare Lyon on May 1, 2014 for Milano Central where we will change trains to continue on to Zurich. I have 2 questions I hope you can help me with.
1. I have read somewhere that in French stations only you need to validate your train tickets in the orange compostez at the the entrance to each platform; is that correct? If I understand correctly you just go to the train station otherwise and find the platform for your train and board? Then will they check ticket on board?? I would feel more comfortable if I knew how it worked for sure.
2. We have 15 minutes to change trains in Milano Central. So, we would just exit and find our other train and board correct? I was thinking a local may be able to help us out on the train also.
Thanks in advance for all of your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 2 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 7 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 11 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 14 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 15 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 16 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 17 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 18 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 19 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 20 3 day trip to iceland
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 23 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
ValitateTrain Ticket in Paris & Changing Trains in Milano Central