Hello Fellow Travelers
My wife and I just returned from a wonderful 24 days in Italy. It is now time to plan for next year in France. We will spend 10 days in Paris followed by 10 days in the Nice area. We will fly from Paris to Nice and have a rental car available for that portion of the trip. So the question is, 'Where to stay?" I have been looking for places just outside of Nice, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Menton and Mougins. I think that the car will allow a degree of freedom to travel the area and should be an asset as long as we are not staying in Nice(traffic, parking, etc). So, any thoughts?
By the way, the trip to Italy was fantastic. Four days in Rome, not enough time, 7 days in Praiano (Amalfi Coast). 7 days in Monticchiello (highlight of the trip) and finally a return to Florence for 4 days. Monticchiello is a gem that exists in a beautiful setting..the Val d'Orcia.
A last note, there are 3 restaurants in Monticchiello. IMHO the best in Taverna di Moranda which goes against most of the opinions on this site. Granted La Porta does have a nice view from the terrace (can be quite cool at night in mid-September) and is often very crowded. Moranda has a quiet atmosphere, is not as crowded, with unique setting and has very good food. We ate at both restaurants twice during our stay.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: train/rental car help
- 2 Berlin
- 3 Germany or Sweden
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 6 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 PARIS
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Bordeaux to Nice
- 19 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 22 Rome -- The next time around
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 25 Rome to Venice
Hello Fellow Travelers