Hello Fellow Travelers
My wife and I just returned from a wonderful 24 days in Italy. It is now time to plan for next year in France. We will spend 10 days in Paris followed by 10 days in the Nice area. We will fly from Paris to Nice and have a rental car available for that portion of the trip. So the question is, 'Where to stay?" I have been looking for places just outside of Nice, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Menton and Mougins. I think that the car will allow a degree of freedom to travel the area and should be an asset as long as we are not staying in Nice(traffic, parking, etc). So, any thoughts?
By the way, the trip to Italy was fantastic. Four days in Rome, not enough time, 7 days in Praiano (Amalfi Coast). 7 days in Monticchiello (highlight of the trip) and finally a return to Florence for 4 days. Monticchiello is a gem that exists in a beautiful setting..the Val d'Orcia.
A last note, there are 3 restaurants in Monticchiello. IMHO the best in Taverna di Moranda which goes against most of the opinions on this site. Granted La Porta does have a nice view from the terrace (can be quite cool at night in mid-September) and is often very crowded. Moranda has a quiet atmosphere, is not as crowded, with unique setting and has very good food. We ate at both restaurants twice during our stay.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental help in Sicily
- 2 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 3 alItalia
- 4 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 5 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 6 Is Sicily Safe?
- 7 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 8 credit and debit cards
- 9 Clean up spam
- 10 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 11 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 12 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 13 Mykonos Beach Club
- 14 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 15 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 16 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 17 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 18 Visit to Engand
- 19 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 20 Trip in September
- 21 Which city order makes most sense?
- 22 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 23 London Restaurants
- 24 Munich Hotel Location
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
Hello Fellow Travelers