Hello Fellow Travelers
My wife and I just returned from a wonderful 24 days in Italy. It is now time to plan for next year in France. We will spend 10 days in Paris followed by 10 days in the Nice area. We will fly from Paris to Nice and have a rental car available for that portion of the trip. So the question is, 'Where to stay?" I have been looking for places just outside of Nice, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Menton and Mougins. I think that the car will allow a degree of freedom to travel the area and should be an asset as long as we are not staying in Nice(traffic, parking, etc). So, any thoughts?
By the way, the trip to Italy was fantastic. Four days in Rome, not enough time, 7 days in Praiano (Amalfi Coast). 7 days in Monticchiello (highlight of the trip) and finally a return to Florence for 4 days. Monticchiello is a gem that exists in a beautiful setting..the Val d'Orcia.
A last note, there are 3 restaurants in Monticchiello. IMHO the best in Taverna di Moranda which goes against most of the opinions on this site. Granted La Porta does have a nice view from the terrace (can be quite cool at night in mid-September) and is often very crowded. Moranda has a quiet atmosphere, is not as crowded, with unique setting and has very good food. We ate at both restaurants twice during our stay.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Water Shortage
- 2 Train travel to and from Paris
- 3 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 4 The DCC scam is spreading
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 9 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 10 Paris in August
- 11 Christmas in Spain
- 12 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 13 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 14 Vigo Spain????
- 15 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 16 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 17 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 18 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 19 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 20 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 21 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 22 Andalucia Spain
- 23 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
Hello Fellow Travelers