Hello Fellow Travelers
My wife and I just returned from a wonderful 24 days in Italy. It is now time to plan for next year in France. We will spend 10 days in Paris followed by 10 days in the Nice area. We will fly from Paris to Nice and have a rental car available for that portion of the trip. So the question is, 'Where to stay?" I have been looking for places just outside of Nice, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Menton and Mougins. I think that the car will allow a degree of freedom to travel the area and should be an asset as long as we are not staying in Nice(traffic, parking, etc). So, any thoughts?
By the way, the trip to Italy was fantastic. Four days in Rome, not enough time, 7 days in Praiano (Amalfi Coast). 7 days in Monticchiello (highlight of the trip) and finally a return to Florence for 4 days. Monticchiello is a gem that exists in a beautiful setting..the Val d'Orcia.
A last note, there are 3 restaurants in Monticchiello. IMHO the best in Taverna di Moranda which goes against most of the opinions on this site. Granted La Porta does have a nice view from the terrace (can be quite cool at night in mid-September) and is often very crowded. Moranda has a quiet atmosphere, is not as crowded, with unique setting and has very good food. We ate at both restaurants twice during our stay.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 2 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 3 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 Rouen Tour Companies
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 Killarney
- 10 Madrid/Lisbon
- 11 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 13 Rome-Itinerary
- 14 Walking itinerary in England?
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 17 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 18 Ireland itinerary help please
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 21 Italy bus or train
- 22 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 25 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
Hello Fellow Travelers