I am new to this forum and have been using searches to try to narrow my vacation plans down and cannot seem to find exactly what i am looking for. It may seem like alot of wants.......but i have actually narrowed it down. We live in Texas and our travels have gone no further than Hawaii.
I have searched and searched about guided tours, vacation packages, reviews on them, ripoff.com and so on and so forth......and i am so overwhelmed with the information. I have a stack of packages from goaheadtours.com, touritalynow.com, smartours.com, ricksteves.com, EuropeanDestinations.com....and can't seem to quite choose one.
Our guestimated time to travel is btwn mid-October to mid November.....about a 20 day trip give or take a day or two.
Can someone direct me to a company that can help with the following arrangements?
1. I am not against a fully guided tour (that would allow us to take a break if we wanted to).
2. I would like a package that handles all the details (airfare, transfers, hotels, trains and buses).
3. I would like to be in Rome on our 25th Anniversary which falls on November 2.
My husband does not want to drive at all. (Not knowing the roads, traffic conditions, traffic laws and blah blah blah....to keep worry free more or less).
4. We do have a budget...i would like to keep our travel package under $4,000 a person so that we will have $$$ for food expenses, souveniers and whatnot.
5. I am a little concerned about picking a decent hotel....it doesn't have to be fancy, but I don't want to be afraid to step out of the room or onto the street either.
6. If we get the opportunity to fish that would be super awesome.
What i would like:
1. Land in Sicily - visit Palermo
2. (Train?) to Naples ....visit Pompeii and Capri
3. (Train?) to Rome (Be at this location on November the 2nd)
4. (Train?) to Tuscany region...visit Florence and Pisa
5. (Train?) to Venice
6. Fly to Paris, Francis for the last day or two.
At first i had Macedonia, Athens, Sparta, Santorini included and then decided to make Greece a 2013 vacation.
Any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 2 Local markets in Italy
- 3 http://www.muscle4power.com/jack-hammer-xl-reviews/
- 4 part to half has been Georgia residence
- 5 One quick week -- where in France?
- 6 http://glycematefacts.com/thunder-rock-male-enhancement-scam/
- 7 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 8 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 9 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 10 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 11 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 12 http://isscamreview.com/tanaka-cargill-group-scam/
- 13 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 14 Sicily transportation
- 15 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 16 3 days with a Swindon base
- 17 Brugge or Ghent?
- 18 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 19 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 20 Renaissance art - what is a "bierhead" ?
- 21 dubrovnik activities. Bay of Kotor
- 22 Jetlagged first day in Hamburg
- 23 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 24 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 25 Which Guided Tour ??