I am new to this forum and have been using searches to try to narrow my vacation plans down and cannot seem to find exactly what i am looking for. It may seem like alot of wants.......but i have actually narrowed it down. We live in Texas and our travels have gone no further than Hawaii.
I have searched and searched about guided tours, vacation packages, reviews on them, ripoff.com and so on and so forth......and i am so overwhelmed with the information. I have a stack of packages from goaheadtours.com, touritalynow.com, smartours.com, ricksteves.com, EuropeanDestinations.com....and can't seem to quite choose one.
Our guestimated time to travel is btwn mid-October to mid November.....about a 20 day trip give or take a day or two.
Can someone direct me to a company that can help with the following arrangements?
1. I am not against a fully guided tour (that would allow us to take a break if we wanted to).
2. I would like a package that handles all the details (airfare, transfers, hotels, trains and buses).
3. I would like to be in Rome on our 25th Anniversary which falls on November 2.
My husband does not want to drive at all. (Not knowing the roads, traffic conditions, traffic laws and blah blah blah....to keep worry free more or less).
4. We do have a budget...i would like to keep our travel package under $4,000 a person so that we will have $$$ for food expenses, souveniers and whatnot.
5. I am a little concerned about picking a decent hotel....it doesn't have to be fancy, but I don't want to be afraid to step out of the room or onto the street either.
6. If we get the opportunity to fish that would be super awesome.
What i would like:
1. Land in Sicily - visit Palermo
2. (Train?) to Naples ....visit Pompeii and Capri
3. (Train?) to Rome (Be at this location on November the 2nd)
4. (Train?) to Tuscany region...visit Florence and Pisa
5. (Train?) to Venice
6. Fly to Paris, Francis for the last day or two.
At first i had Macedonia, Athens, Sparta, Santorini included and then decided to make Greece a 2013 vacation.
Any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
Vacation Fall 2012 in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 2 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 3 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 4 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 7 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 8 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 9 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 10 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 11 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 12 I dream of Europe
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 15 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 16 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 17 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 18 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 19 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 20 Rome Food Tour
- 21 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 22 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 23 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 24 First Time to UK since 2001
- 25 Help with England/Wales tour