Based on what I read from different posts, I just want to double check with experienced travelers the use of U.S. credit cards and ATM card in France. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is it true that ATM cards without chip issued by a local bank in U.S. can still be used in all ATM machines in France ? Also, are U.S. credit cards without chip still accepted for purchases except at the toll booth, gas station, and ticket machines? Your confirmation will help ease my mind. I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
Using U.S. Credit Cards and ATM Cards in France
View all Europe activity »
- 1 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 2 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 3 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 4 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 5 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 6 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 7 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 8 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 9 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 10 A full week in The Netherlands
- 11 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 12 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 13 Itinerary Questions
- 14 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 15 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 18 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 19 Lake como
- 20 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 21 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 25 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico