Based on what I read from different posts, I just want to double check with experienced travelers the use of U.S. credit cards and ATM card in France. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is it true that ATM cards without chip issued by a local bank in U.S. can still be used in all ATM machines in France ? Also, are U.S. credit cards without chip still accepted for purchases except at the toll booth, gas station, and ticket machines? Your confirmation will help ease my mind. I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
Using U.S. Credit Cards and ATM Cards in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 2 London visit
- 3 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 4 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 5 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 6 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 9 21 Days in Central Europe
- 10 Small group for Colosseum
- 11 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 12 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 15 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 16 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 17 Spain/Costa de Sol Please identify picture
- 18 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 19 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 20 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 21 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 22 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 23 men's shoes spain
- 24 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 25 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old