Based on what I read from different posts, I just want to double check with experienced travelers the use of U.S. credit cards and ATM card in France. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is it true that ATM cards without chip issued by a local bank in U.S. can still be used in all ATM machines in France ? Also, are U.S. credit cards without chip still accepted for purchases except at the toll booth, gas station, and ticket machines? Your confirmation will help ease my mind. I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
Using U.S. Credit Cards and ATM Cards in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 2 Paris in April?
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 5 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 6 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 7 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 8 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 9 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 10 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 13 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 14 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 15 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 16 Augsburg with kids
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 He said , she said
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 21 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 22 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 23 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 24 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 25 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help