Based on what I read from different posts, I just want to double check with experienced travelers the use of U.S. credit cards and ATM card in France. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is it true that ATM cards without chip issued by a local bank in U.S. can still be used in all ATM machines in France ? Also, are U.S. credit cards without chip still accepted for purchases except at the toll booth, gas station, and ticket machines? Your confirmation will help ease my mind. I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
Using U.S. Credit Cards and ATM Cards in France
View all Europe activity »
- 1 first european holiday itinery
- 2 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Advises for trip to Russia
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 8 Which travel plan?
- 9 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 10 Car in Prague
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 Planning a holiday
- 14 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 17 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 18 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 21 Traveling within Italy
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 24 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 25 Travel by train or bus