Based on what I read from different posts, I just want to double check with experienced travelers the use of U.S. credit cards and ATM card in France. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is it true that ATM cards without chip issued by a local bank in U.S. can still be used in all ATM machines in France ? Also, are U.S. credit cards without chip still accepted for purchases except at the toll booth, gas station, and ticket machines? Your confirmation will help ease my mind. I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
Using U.S. Credit Cards and ATM Cards in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 2 Schengen rule made easy
- 3 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 4 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 5 Need help with itinerary
- 6 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 7 Cyprus photo gallery
- 8 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 9 First Trip to Europe
- 10 One month (ish) in Spain
- 11 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 12 London hotel tax is 20%
- 13 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 14 Cornwall or Paris?
- 15 Venice, Tuscany and CT in October
- 16 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 17 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Sorrento Advice Please
- 19 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 20 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 21 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 22 Mama Mia Italy!
- 23 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 24 Ireland or Scotland
- 25 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata