Based on what I read from different posts, I just want to double check with experienced travelers the use of U.S. credit cards and ATM card in France. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is it true that ATM cards without chip issued by a local bank in U.S. can still be used in all ATM machines in France ? Also, are U.S. credit cards without chip still accepted for purchases except at the toll booth, gas station, and ticket machines? Your confirmation will help ease my mind. I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
Using U.S. Credit Cards and ATM Cards in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 2 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 3 nearby cities to london
- 4 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 5 Hotel in Venice
- 6 9 days in turkey
- 7 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 8 7 days in Greece
- 9 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 10 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 11 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 12 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 15 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 16 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 17 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 18 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 22 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 23 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 24 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 25 Europe in 21 days