Based on what I read from different posts, I just want to double check with experienced travelers the use of U.S. credit cards and ATM card in France. Please correct me if I am wrong. Is it true that ATM cards without chip issued by a local bank in U.S. can still be used in all ATM machines in France ? Also, are U.S. credit cards without chip still accepted for purchases except at the toll booth, gas station, and ticket machines? Your confirmation will help ease my mind. I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
Using U.S. Credit Cards and ATM Cards in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 2 Art in Paris
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 5 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 6 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 7 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 8 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 9 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 10 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 13 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 14 Hotels that we found special
- 15 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 16 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 17 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 18 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 Great London Bars with a view
- 21 Rome Food Tour
- 22 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 Rental car while in Ireland