Please help make the most of our Swiss Passes. We are a couple travelling and hiking about 4 weeks in August through the magic that is Switzerland. RS makes the SP sound so easy, but some trains require seat reservations. Is there a way to reserve seats now?
Would you recommend buying the passes online? The site I checked did not seem to allow purchase of consecutive passes per traveller.
It also doesn't seem a good idea to purchase added excursions with the pass, not knowing the weather in advance.
Hopefully this is all very simple.
Also, online photos show people on the trains in shirtsleeves on a sunny day! Great advertising, but I had been planning to pack specialized ski/hiking layers, boots, gloves, and hat!
Thanks so much! I really appreciate any advice here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris travel help
- 2 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 3 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 4 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 5 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 6 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 7 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 8 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 9 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 10 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 One night in the Dolomites
- 13 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 14 Airport Transit Visa
- 15 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 16 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 17 Where in Greece
- 18 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 19 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 20 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 21 Vatican tour
- 22 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 23 Day in Capri
- 24 alcazar question and seville advice
- 25 TSA Precheck