Please help make the most of our Swiss Passes. We are a couple travelling and hiking about 4 weeks in August through the magic that is Switzerland. RS makes the SP sound so easy, but some trains require seat reservations. Is there a way to reserve seats now?
Would you recommend buying the passes online? The site I checked did not seem to allow purchase of consecutive passes per traveller.
It also doesn't seem a good idea to purchase added excursions with the pass, not knowing the weather in advance.
Hopefully this is all very simple.
Also, online photos show people on the trains in shirtsleeves on a sunny day! Great advertising, but I had been planning to pack specialized ski/hiking layers, boots, gloves, and hat!
Thanks so much! I really appreciate any advice here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 6 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 7 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 8 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 9 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 10 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 13 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 14 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 15 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 16 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 driving from prague to salzburg
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Germany train help!
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 dining on the 25th in Dublin