Please help make the most of our Swiss Passes. We are a couple travelling and hiking about 4 weeks in August through the magic that is Switzerland. RS makes the SP sound so easy, but some trains require seat reservations. Is there a way to reserve seats now?
Would you recommend buying the passes online? The site I checked did not seem to allow purchase of consecutive passes per traveller.
It also doesn't seem a good idea to purchase added excursions with the pass, not knowing the weather in advance.
Hopefully this is all very simple.
Also, online photos show people on the trains in shirtsleeves on a sunny day! Great advertising, but I had been planning to pack specialized ski/hiking layers, boots, gloves, and hat!
Thanks so much! I really appreciate any advice here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 2 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 3 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 8 Praiano
- 9 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 10 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 11 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 12 Chamonix to Paris
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Rome-Itinerary
- 15 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 16 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 17 Scotland and London 21 days
- 18 Rome to venice
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 21 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 22 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 23 Ireland itinerary help please
- 24 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 25 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona