Please help make the most of our Swiss Passes. We are a couple travelling and hiking about 4 weeks in August through the magic that is Switzerland. RS makes the SP sound so easy, but some trains require seat reservations. Is there a way to reserve seats now?
Would you recommend buying the passes online? The site I checked did not seem to allow purchase of consecutive passes per traveller.
It also doesn't seem a good idea to purchase added excursions with the pass, not knowing the weather in advance.
Hopefully this is all very simple.
Also, online photos show people on the trains in shirtsleeves on a sunny day! Great advertising, but I had been planning to pack specialized ski/hiking layers, boots, gloves, and hat!
Thanks so much! I really appreciate any advice here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 2 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 One week in Europe
- 6 Munich itinerary review
- 7 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 10 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 Where to eat in Rome?
- 13 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 AMS Car Rental
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 London Theater
- 22 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 23 Europe itinerary questions
- 24 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg