Please help make the most of our Swiss Passes. We are a couple travelling and hiking about 4 weeks in August through the magic that is Switzerland. RS makes the SP sound so easy, but some trains require seat reservations. Is there a way to reserve seats now?
Would you recommend buying the passes online? The site I checked did not seem to allow purchase of consecutive passes per traveller.
It also doesn't seem a good idea to purchase added excursions with the pass, not knowing the weather in advance.
Hopefully this is all very simple.
Also, online photos show people on the trains in shirtsleeves on a sunny day! Great advertising, but I had been planning to pack specialized ski/hiking layers, boots, gloves, and hat!
Thanks so much! I really appreciate any advice here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bellsouth Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 bellsouth Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Krakow
- 3 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 4 Venice/Mestre
- 5 Quizz !
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 Pay attention to your watches !
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 15 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 9 Days in Spain
- 18 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 19 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 20 Iceland early december visit
- 21 Zurich to Milan trip
- 22 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 23 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 24 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 25 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?