I need some advice about the Paris Museum Pass for our upcoming 9 day-trip this May/June. My question pertains specifically to the logistics of using the museum pass (as adults) when you have children with you, since children get into the museums free anyway and you wouldn't need to buy them a pass.
I vaguely recall from my last trip about 8 years ago... we were in line at the Rodin and I *think* I had a pass that trip... but I recall having to go back to the kiosk to get a paper ticket or validation for the baby in the stroller. This might have also happened at the D'Orsay, but I'm not 100% sure... early motherhood seems to steal one's memory.
Back then, I also don't recall there being very long lines to get into museums (well, there were at the Louvre but we enter through the Carousel and avoid that). But the descriptions of the lines today sound horrendous.
So I'm wondering from those in the know---do adults with the pass (and their children) simply bypass the lines and walk right in, or do we still have to wait in the long lines or some alternate line to get paper tickets for the kids? If it's the latter, that eliminates what to me is a biggest benefit of the Passes.
OTOH, if it does allow our family to bypass the lines, then I think the passes for my DH and I are worth it---even with the relatively short list of places we want to visit, simply because it gives us the flexibility to visit multiple times during our visit---to come and go as we please and keep the visits short. With our 7 and 10 year old, the max number of museums we will even try to visit with a 6-DAY pass are:
-Musee D'Orsay (but the pass would give us flexibility to go multiple short visits)
-The Louvre (also, gives us flexibility for multiple short visits)
-Musee Rodin (multiple times to walk garden because or apartment is around the corner)
-Versailles (at least once and I heard the lines here are really long)
-The Orangerie (maybe)
-Notre Dame tower (maybe)
-St Chapelle (maybe)
Bypassing the lines at the D'Orsay and Versailles---and the flexibility to come and go over 6 days---leans me towards buying it.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Using the Paris Museum Pass--with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London visit
- 2 Duoro river cruises
- 3 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 4 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 5 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 6 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 9 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 10 Small group for Colosseum
- 11 SIM card for eastern europe
- 12 Munich and Dachau
- 13 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 14 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 15 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Three days in Spain
- 21 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 22 car rental advice in Portugal
- 23 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 24 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?