We will be in Ireland in May for two weeks, spending 4 of those days in Dublin. I realize that Dublin is a "walking" city. But we will be staying at the Gibson Hotel by the 02 and will need to take the red line into city center every day. When we visit other cities, we like the idea of having a transportation "pass" that we can use for our time there. Is the Leap Card geared for tourists, however? I understand that it's a card that you load with a certain amount of money which takes a deduction every time you make a trip. But I also read on a tripadvisor discussion that the 5E deposit you make when you first load a card is only refundable by mail and then you deposit it in an Irish bank. Not possible for a tourist. That dicussion is 8 months old, so I don't know if that is still the case. Has any tourist used this card?
Using the Leap Card in Dublin for transportation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 4 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 5 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 Cotswold Churches
- 8 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 9 Best beach town in Italy?
- 10 Where to go in France mid July?
- 11 Help with England/Wales tour
- 12 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 13 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 14 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 15 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 16 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 17 Italy and Croatia
- 18 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 19 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 20 Five nights in Extremadura
- 21 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 24 trip to norway
- 25 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy