We will be in Ireland in May for two weeks, spending 4 of those days in Dublin. I realize that Dublin is a "walking" city. But we will be staying at the Gibson Hotel by the 02 and will need to take the red line into city center every day. When we visit other cities, we like the idea of having a transportation "pass" that we can use for our time there. Is the Leap Card geared for tourists, however? I understand that it's a card that you load with a certain amount of money which takes a deduction every time you make a trip. But I also read on a tripadvisor discussion that the 5E deposit you make when you first load a card is only refundable by mail and then you deposit it in an Irish bank. Not possible for a tourist. That dicussion is 8 months old, so I don't know if that is still the case. Has any tourist used this card?
Using the Leap Card in Dublin for transportation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh - outings?
- 2 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 3 What to wear
- 4 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 5 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 6 London Pass - Available through AAA?
- 7 Disneyland Paris transportation
- 8 Budapest hotels - Ibis Heroes or Ibis Budapest City
- 9 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 10 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 11 7 Nights in Paris
- 12 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 13 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 14 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 15 Istanbul Itinerary
- 16 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 17 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 18 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 19 Matisse at Tate
- 20 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 21 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 22 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 23 American electrical gadgets
- 24 Fjords, How To?
- 25 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich