We will be in Ireland in May for two weeks, spending 4 of those days in Dublin. I realize that Dublin is a "walking" city. But we will be staying at the Gibson Hotel by the 02 and will need to take the red line into city center every day. When we visit other cities, we like the idea of having a transportation "pass" that we can use for our time there. Is the Leap Card geared for tourists, however? I understand that it's a card that you load with a certain amount of money which takes a deduction every time you make a trip. But I also read on a tripadvisor discussion that the 5E deposit you make when you first load a card is only refundable by mail and then you deposit it in an Irish bank. Not possible for a tourist. That dicussion is 8 months old, so I don't know if that is still the case. Has any tourist used this card?
Using the Leap Card in Dublin for transportation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 2 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 3 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 4 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 Day trip on the Rhine
- 7 tour guides in rome
- 8 poland to switzerland
- 9 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 10 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 11 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 12 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 13 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 14 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 15 Reims for a day
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 18 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 19 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 20 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 21 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 22 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 23 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 24 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 25 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury