We will be in Ireland in May for two weeks, spending 4 of those days in Dublin. I realize that Dublin is a "walking" city. But we will be staying at the Gibson Hotel by the 02 and will need to take the red line into city center every day. When we visit other cities, we like the idea of having a transportation "pass" that we can use for our time there. Is the Leap Card geared for tourists, however? I understand that it's a card that you load with a certain amount of money which takes a deduction every time you make a trip. But I also read on a tripadvisor discussion that the 5E deposit you make when you first load a card is only refundable by mail and then you deposit it in an Irish bank. Not possible for a tourist. That dicussion is 8 months old, so I don't know if that is still the case. Has any tourist used this card?
Using the Leap Card in Dublin for transportation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 2 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 3 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 4 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 5 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 6 eateries in Puglia
- 7 Amalfi Coast in October
- 8 Rome to Amafi coast
- 9 How much luggage?????
- 10 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?
- 11 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 12 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 13 Terrorism in Europe
- 14 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 15 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 16 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 18 Where to stay on Lake Como with Car
- 19 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 20 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 21 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 22 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 23 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 24 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 25 Language Camp ANTALYA